• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Sorry to hear about what happened Thor.

I nearly had a similar thing happen to me on the Madrid metro at the last SONCINEMAD I was at. A group of 4-5 teenage girls crowded around me (and probably a couple of people I was with - possibly people from this very forum) and just as we drew into a station I felt someone trying to pick a pocket. Fortunately, even I had trouble getting anything out of those pockets and they were not successful.

I remember glancing around when it happened and I could see on at least one of their faces that something was up!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    Yeah, Spain has a bad reputation for those things, especially Barcelona. Someone stole my cell phone there, right out of a tight jeans pocket, and I've heard similar stories from almost everyone who has been there. It's one of the worst pick-pocket cities in Europe, unfortunately.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Fuck, those things get on my nerves! How did it happen? Too crowded? You had it in the back-pocket and was visible?

No, it was inside my bag, but it was very crowded (I had to stand up), so someone must have actually managed to sneak their arm down there, even though I kept it close to my body. slant

Mudderfooker angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    What's annoying me: the heat wave that's been hitting the American east coast. Trying to save on energy I survive without turning on the A/C. So hard to remain productive when you're this hot and sticky.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, Spain has a bad reputation for those things, especially Barcelona. Someone stole my cell phone there, right out of a tight jeans pocket, and I've heard similar stories from almost everyone who has been there. It's one of the worst pick-pocket cities in Europe, unfortunately.

The same with Greece, ATHENS especially. Be careful in public transportation. Never carry a bag if possible, have everything not visible, discreet and deep in your pockets. I also carry a big-ass knife with me, hidden, so let them come.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

The same with Greece, ATHENS especially. Be careful in public transportation. Never carry a bag if possible, have everything not visible, discreet and deep in your pockets. I also carry a big-ass knife with me, hidden, so let them come.

You're like Crocodile Dundee! cool
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait, you carry a knife with you? What are you expecting to do with it? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He's hoping pickpockets will cut themselves on it. :wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ That.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

Here, you would go to prison for carrying a knife. In a city like Bristol I've never heard of pick-pocketing ( I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I've never come across it ), London is different though, with gangs of East-Europeans targeting tube trains and tourists spots.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Here, you would go to prison for carrying a knife. In a city like Bristol I've never heard of pick-pocketing ( I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I've never come across it ), London is different though, with gangs of East-Europeans targeting tube trains and tourists spots.

It's the damn Common Market again! I never voted for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    EAST Europeans, James. EAST.

As in NOT in the Common Market.
    In fact, most people agree tearing down the iron curtain was a pretty bad idea in the first place.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2010
    I'm still wondering what the heck is going on with the medication. Tired of all the bullshit
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    EAST Europeans, James. EAST.

As in NOT in the Common Market.

Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovakia are all in the Common Market. I never voted for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bah! Johnny-come-latelies.
    They don't count.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    They do when they're picking my pocket!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No TRUE European would pick your pocket!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That would be especially true if I were in charge and had my way over border controls. No Europeans would be here at all (except for certain Scandinavian and Mediterranean females).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I vote James Southall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...for European of the Year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Just mediterannean FEMALES? You heartless bastard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Obviously he is interested in the females only! You will have to wait for a non-mediterannean female to invite you in too! tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think he's drinking beers and having fun with his good ol' mates, but he would wipe out Europe and just leave out a CERTAIN meditarannean female.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    There's a massive wedding outside the back of our hotel and they're playing loud music. Shut up, it's 2am!
  2. Pardon?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    There's a massive wedding outside the back of our hotel and they're playing loud music. Shut up, it's 2am!

Throw a shoe at em biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    I hate the English! angry
  3. Timmer wrote

A bit strong a statement - but I know what you mean! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

A bit strong a statement - but I know what you mean! wink

My blood is mostly Irish so I'm allowed. wink