• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote
    My big toe hurts, yikes

Do you have podagra?

AKA gout. A friend of mine suffers this and it's agonising.

My father has it. And my father's father had it. Since it's in the genes, it doesn't look too good for me (knock on wood).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    Thank you for asking but Alan is correct. It is not gout but the use of the affected foot causes some problems later on. If I stay off of it for a day or so it improves.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    snow
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    I'm quite annoyed that I'm not asleep yet - since I have a nine o'clock lecture.

slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    Absolutely staggering.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8310509.stm

Land of the free!? If this sort of thing happened somewhere else, they'd go and bomb them.
  1. Yes the US is too busy fixing other countries' problems, they forget to fix their own.

I don't see the problem: we all look the same on the inside.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Absolutely staggering.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8310509.stm

Land of the free!? If this sort of thing happened somewhere else, they'd go and bomb them.

Hard to believe we as a species are capable of putting a man on the moon and yet things like this happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  2. You'd think with a colored person in office things would change... rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Why has my desktop PC stopped communicating with the internet? It connects to the wireless router... but says the router is unable to connect to the internet. And yet my laptop is able to connect (via the same router) without any problems. How is that even possible?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Check the settings of the network (right click, properties, see the encryption protocol if it agrees with your laptop (wpa, wep, wpa2, etc etc). Check the stored password, check the driver of the wireless adapter in the device manager. Check the ip addresses in the settings for the wireless adapter (control panel, network connections, right click on it and properties, then double click on the protocols in it). If everything is as it should be, uninstall the device and its driver from the device manager (in control panel, system properties, advanced) and restart, it should re-install on its own. What kind of wireless adapter is it? External usb one?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thanks for the tips. It has randomly started working again after I wiggled about with a few things. I'll refer back to your post next time it goes wrong (which it will) so I can attempt a more serious solution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Somehow my email passoword was stolen and my email adress was used to send an advertisment about online shopping to my whole adress list! Unbelievable! I changed password and hope this won't happen again.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Stavroula wrote
    Somehow my email passoword was stolen and my email adress was used to send an advertisment about online shopping to my whole adress list! Unbelievable! I changed password and hope this won't happen again.

Something like that happened to me with my ebay password. I had to shut down the account for precaution.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    My head feels shite! I hope I'm not coming down with something, Mel has been laid up with serious flu this week slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    On a scale of 1 to Oink-Oink, how serious?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mel thinks it's oink oink....I'm not so sure!?

My head has been feeling....weird...in that, somethings lurking, it's nasty and is about to kick shit sort of way for a few days now. But I'mz a fight'n it man, I'mz a fight'n it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Take a shit load of vitamin C tablets! I always do that when I contract those all-too familiar symptoms you've just described. I always try to let fresh air in the house as well, I think that helps. (The problem is you sacrifice the warmth, so it's a bit of a catch 22.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hmm. Unfortunately, because men always suffer more from these things than women (but don't speak a word of complaint, of course) I fear you're in for a rough time, if Mel's been in the wars.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The body can only absorb so much vit C the rest is just passed on through as waste.

I'm eating so darn healthy at the moment I think that's one of the reasons I seem to be evading all the nasty lurgies that are latching on to my friends and loved ones.

Fresh air in the house is a good one though Steven.....not great at this time of year though eh? wink freezing
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Hmm. Unfortunately, because men always suffer more from these things than women (but don't speak a word of complaint, of course) I fear you're in for a rough time, if Mel's been in the wars.

I hope not, but if I do ( big IF ) I'm sure my illness will be far worse, far FARRRRR worse and yet, despite my whinging, I'll suffer like a martyr to illness, oh yes, yes, I will!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fresh air, vitamin C, lots of fruits containing that too, good food, LOTS OF LIQUIDS (preferably water) and stay in-doors mate. Get good rest. I had the oink oink (i am pretty sure) the past summer and for 6 days i was rendered entirely off by this shitty thingy, but the above along with Panadol-anti flu, made it go away with no harm done.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I was just wondering if anyone here has ever had the FLU, I mean REAL flu?

I've had the real thing once, only once, and never want it again.

When hit by the real thing you'll be flat on your back and even a tiny sip of water is a struggle, going to the toilet ( down the corridor ) is like contemplating climbing Everest, you'll have no appetite for food whatsoever and sleep is a horrendous trippy semi-awake sweaty experience all around the clock.

Anything else is just a cold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nope. Just man flu.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yeah, I had it once too (earlier this year in fact!) It was horrific.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

When hit by the real thing you'll be flat on your back and even a tiny sip of water is a struggle, going to the toilet ( down the corridor ) is like contemplating climbing Everest, you'll have no appetite for food whatsoever and sleep is a horrendous trippy semi-awake sweaty experience all around the clock.

Exactly what i went through this summer. 6 days, temperatures constantly at 36-39oC, would only drop a bit with strong stuff like Nurofen (if i recall the name of the drug correctly), couldn't drink or eat, was in the bed all the time, head spinning and constant feeling of throwing up and dizziness, plus i fainted once.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Nope. Just man flu.

I kid you not Steven, I really hope you never suffer it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Exactly what i went through this summer. 6 days, temperatures constantly at 36-39oC, would only drop a bit with strong stuff like Nurofen (if i recall the name of the drug correctly), couldn't drink or eat, was in the bed all the time, head spinning and constant feeling of throwing up and dizziness, plus i fainted once.

Yeah, THAT's the real thing D.

I also remember just staring at the TV not caring what rubbish was on and not absorbing any of it anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009 edited
    It's horrible. I felt like a Zombie. I wonder if it was an oink oink one (if such thing actually exists which i am not at all convinced anymore) or plain flu.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, I brought home a little pet from Bali, it seems.
    My stomach is in rather agonizing upset for a couple of days, and it's not your average Bali belly (i.e. the runs) either.

I was kinda hoping it'd pass by itself, but methinks me better calls the doctor now... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn