• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2012
    Go girl! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2012
    Stavi are you at the school yet?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2012
    No I've been working at the office all year, which means I work during the summer as well.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2012
    This is the time when San Diego is beginning to warm up to the hot level so I'm using ice in my drinks and the plastic ice cube trays I'm using are a royal pain. First off the twist method doesn't want to work and then all of a sudden it does and everything fell on the floor.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012
    Perhaps you can try the rubber / silicone ice cube trays? It's much easier to pop them out.
    Also, we sometimes use the plastic cube bags you need to fill with water. And with scissors it's easy to open them when the cubes are frozen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012 edited
    TOM....where were you, man? I missed you at the Tipsy Crow in the Gaslamp quarter a couple of days ago, for the get-together thing....maybe the only chance anyone here at maintitles would have had to see you in the flesh. Pubs and social settings might not be your thing, but I wish you'd gotten back to me for a meet-up somehow (I sent you a couple of PMs before departure, but didn't hear anything back). Too late now, though. But I enjoyed your city for two whole days.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    I'm so tired all the time I have started having minor accidents because of it. Paper cuts, bruises because I bump into things. Today I bump on a shelf and got a nice mark just above my right eye lid. It's just the beginning of the year and I haven't started my M. Ed. yet.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What is 'M. Ed.', Stav?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Master of Education. The postgraduate course I start in October. It's long distance at the Greek Open University. Have I forgotten to tell you?! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012 edited
    Thor wrote
    ...maybe the only chance anyone here at maintitles would have had to see you in the flesh...

I can confirm that Tom does exist! I had the pleasure of meeting up with him when I was in San Diego several years back. He was kind enough to invite me round to his home, listening to some scores aa well as taking me to watch a college baseball game. A great time.

Shame that things didn't work out for your gathering.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2012
    I have to travel through heavy rain and it annoys me. Plus, the cut on my eyebrow. slant
  1. Stavroula wrote
    I have to travel through heavy rain and it annoys me. Plus, the cut on my eyebrow. slant

Yikes, how did you get a cut one your eyebrow?
    Hmm Belgians and rain, we are used to it, I guess. But you still have my sympathy.
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I was really tired due to long hours at work, got dizzy and bump on a shelf. Fortunately I didn't need stitches, but I have a nasty cut there which is ugly and itches and hurts. It'll get better.
    Thanks for the kind words Elin! smile
  2. Stavroula wrote
    I was really tired due to long hours at work, got dizzy and bump on a shelf.

Stavi, take it from somebody who knows what it is to work too much, you are working too much.
    Is there any way to cut back on hours, delegate stuff to other people or just simply don't work that intensely when you are at work?

This is serious stuff. Now it's a 'harmless' cut in your eyebrow, but the next time you might fall asleep behind the wheel of a car, or trip down a flight of stairs and get way more serious damage done to yourself...

Please girl, I like you too much to see yourself get hurt. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  3. Yeah, I can vouch that Elin is not alone, Stavi smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thank you guys for caring. kiss

Elin I know you are right but right now there is nothing I can do. I have spoken with my boss and she knows everything and hopefully this week things will get better and the new people at work will have learn enough so I will be able to let some stuff off me. I just hope this happens quick enough before anything bad happens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2012 edited
    What's annoying is that it takes about 50 days (on average) from the point of sending out an invoice to being paid.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2012
    Stavroula wrote

Elin I know you are right but right now there is nothing I can do. I have spoken with my boss and she knows everything and hopefully this week things will get better and the new people at work will have learn enough so I will be able to let some stuff off me. I just hope this happens quick enough before anything bad happens.

You will be working both at the school and office ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    What's annoying is that it takes about 50 days (on average) from the point of sending out an invoice to being paid.

Consider yourself lucky....
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. I apologise.

What an ungrateful piece of shit I am.

That better?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Demetris wrote
    Stavroula wrote

You will be working both at the school and office ?

I work in the office because there are no more than 3 hours a week form me at school. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait, aren't you a permanent teacher? Or are you αναπληρώτρια?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote

Hey, stop calling her names! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a sexy name wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I apologise.

What an ungrateful piece of shit I am.

That better?

Oh I wasn't saying it as a joke.

I mean, in Spain it takes 60 - 90 days (even if the one that has to pay is an official institution).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, they're trying to extend the legal period for government institutions (! You know: the ones that should be setting a good example!) to three months here as well.

Not that that's needed....usually they take well up to SIX MONTHS to pay up.
    Due process and the potential for backbilling, dontcha know. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Demetris wrote

I'm a permanent one assigned to secondary schools, but we are way too many English teachers in Lakonia which means the office for me. For better of worse I'm the boss's right hand so you can imagine the workload I have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's not easy these days, is it? sad
    Take care of yourself, Stav.
    No one else (professionally) will. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Not easy at all honey, not easy at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Take good care of yourself Stavi and try to take some time for yourself to relax ... kiss
    Like Martijn said , nobody at work will ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"