• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Saw Bregt today, and I spoke with him about the fact we're one of the few review sites who presents their reviews without tracktitles. He doesn't feel like this is a problem, I think it is important to give you an example what you can expect of a score, as a score

So, I thought it would be an easy question:

Who thinks tracktitles is important in the review section, and who thinks that this isn't?
    I want everyone's opinion on this smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    I don't care about track titles AT ALL. In fact, I wouldn't even mind if the CD's themselves renamed all their tracks into something more musical, like Goldenthal sometimes does (adagio, lento etc.), and less filmic.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    I don't care about track titles AT ALL. In fact, I wouldn't even mind if the CD's themselves renamed all their tracks into something more musical, like Goldenthal sometimes does (adagio, lento etc.), and less filmic.

nope, I disagree, while it is fun to have funny or original tracknames, I want my tracks to mention what specific scene it is, no matter if I saw the film already or not
  3. My opinion on it still stands: I think they're interesting side-info. So Yes for me.

So far that's

NO - 1

YES - 1
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

nope, I disagree, while it is fun to have funny or original tracknames, I want my tracks to mention what specific scene it is, no matter if I saw the film already or not

That's fine, but you asked what our opinions were, and I gave mine.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

That's fine, but you asked what our opinions were, and I gave mine.

And I thank you dearly for that sir kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A YES on track titles from me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Could everyone just update the score with their own.

So that would make it so far

NO - 1

YES - 2
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited
    YES from me as well.
    Several times sites that provide track titles have been able to help me identify a certain edition.

Yeah, I know I could just go to soundtrackcollector.com, but I do so prefer one-stop portals.
    The only reason I'd be against track titles is if it'd involve a lot of extra work for Bregt.

NO: 1
    YES: 3
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Martijn wrote
    The only reason I'd be against track titles is if it'd involve a lot of extra work for Bregt.

I just think that's another reason for me to say YES wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    To his topic: biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Another YES from me as well .
    Track titles are a bit of essential info for me .
    If we keep this up the reviewers will have much more work on their hands ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  7. Bregt wrote
    To his topic: biggrin

told you so wink

Eric wrote
    Another YES from me as well .
    Track titles are a bit of essential info for me .
    If we keep this up the reviewers will have much more work on their hands ...

YES: 4
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    YES.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. YES: 5
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    There is obviously something wrong with my campaign! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I support Thor!
    Kazoo
  9. Your vote don't count!

We are winning ! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    His vote does count because he can make the final decision.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I vote no also
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I couldn't care less to be honest. I'll read a review for reviews sake. I'll go to the record label website for CD information.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Track titles are quintessential.

I suspect the communis opinio will be in favor of the proposition. And I don't just mean the active members but also a majority of regular/future members and visitors. Think about them too. Most consider a tracklist as something basic and not something extra.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    communis opinio

communis opinio

Hmmm.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Couldn't give a tinker's cuss.

So no.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    DreamTheater wrote
    Your vote don't count!

I think my vote should count for 3,5!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    I vote for full length, high quality clips of each track.
  10. I am for track titles.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    A YES from me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I haven't heard this many yesses since I spent the night with Girls Aloud.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Perhaps then one or more of the yes votes would be willing to put all of the appropriate track title information up with the reviewed material.
    Thomas