• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    And classroom is Thomas Newman. Fun to spot the influences smile

His National Treasure scores have some Newman in them, too. (Same director?)

yep same director, I'm a Rabin fan but I have to admit that his latest efforts haven't given me much joy, especially if you saw him transform to a brilliant composer in Flyboys

so I'll wait and decide when I hear it in full
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited
    I know it's just a demo, but the synthy version of Paul Dukas' The Sorcerer's Apprentice (as heard in the final track, Fantasia Demo) is just wrong slant

I wonder why they even bothered doing that, is there a fully developed Rabin version of this in the film? Is it used as a theme? Or is it a throwaway try-out to link this to the Fantasia segment?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Damnit, the link to the SORCERER thing doesn't work. Where can I listen to it?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    No thanks. I don't want to spend any more time listening to scores of that nature any more.

-Erik-

30 seconds won't kill you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It nearly did but I got away in the nick of time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I clearly notice the Jack Sparrow theme influences in the first and last tracks. biggrin

Sounds like a typical fun Rabin score, though quite more orchestral and less electronics. Looking forward to it.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    DemonStar wrote
    I clearly notice the Jack Sparrow theme influences in the first and last tracks. biggrin

Sounds like a typical fun Rabin score, though quite more orchestral and less electronics. Looking forward to it.

but for me this version sounds better than hans' original jack sparrow theme from pirates 2 and 3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The orchestration is slightly better, perhaps. But it's still a clear lift.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    DemonStar wrote
    The orchestration is slightly better, perhaps. But it's still a clear lift.

you're right, the orchestration and the rabin style are the reasons, that make this version better than hans' theme. the most important aspect for me is, that the clips sound like a fun score to listen. that's what i expect from a rabin score to a bruckheimer production.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed. Shame about the download-only availability though, but at least we're getting a release at all, unlike G-Force.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nevermind. Amazon was weird yesterday, it seems to be up now.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Indeed. Shame about the download-only availability though, but at least we're getting a release at all, unlike G-Force.

perhaps disney has drawn, which bruckheimer production will get a score cd release. finally prince of persia has won. but i'm also happy that we're getting a release at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Prince of Persia had the Alanis Morisette song, that's probably the only reason it got a release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very poor reason and song.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    New project for the composer announced, ‘I Am Number Four’

The upcoming sci-fi action movie I Am Number Four. The movie is directed by D.J. Caruso, who previously worked with such composers as Thomas Newman (The Salton Sea), Philip Glass (Taking Lives), Christophe Beck (Two for the Money), Geoff Zanelli (Disturbia) and Brian Tyler (Eagle Eye).

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … mber-four/
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Gosh, how thrilling!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Scribe wrote
    Gosh, how thrilling!

I agree.

Renny Harlin's '5 Days of August' looks better though. Both film and score.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010
    great. two new projects for rabin. i'm really looking forward to 5 DAYS IN AUGUST.

here is a promo trailer.

http://www.politikcity.de/forum/balkan- … 010-a.html

maybe the music in the backround is by trevor? it sounds like his style and the two themes sound like typical rabin themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2011
    I AM NUMBER 4 (CD)

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … um-coming/
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2011 edited
    *yawn* Rabin hasn't done anything remotely* interesting since his brief stint doing cheesy war movies.

*I promise that was not intended as a pun!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2011
    Scribe wrote
    *yawn* Rabin hasn't done anything remotely* interesting since his brief stint doing cheesy war movies.

*I promise that was not intended as a pun!

And Remember the Titans.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011
    Yes that was part of the few years between 1998 and 2002 where his music was reasonably interesting, or at least emotionally engaging on a pop orchestral level.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    I AM NUMBER 4 (CD)

great news. finally a rabin score on cd. i liked the score in the movie. trevor wrote a lovely guitar theme for the emotional parts. the action parts were also good with some cool heroic rabin moments. and most of the score was orchestral.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How was the movie? The trailer looked downright awful.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    i had no expectations. it was nothing special, but entertaining. cool action scenes, good special effects, likeable characters. it's a teenage action romance in michael bay style.
  2. Lars wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I AM NUMBER 4 (CD)

great news. finally a rabin score on cd. i liked the score in the movie. trevor wrote a lovely guitar theme for the emotional parts. the action parts were also good with some cool heroic rabin moments. and most of the score was orchestral.

sounds good enough for me smile
    • CommentAuthorLars
    the orchestral music in the showdown is very good. i would say it's in the same style as flyboys. no "techno action music" ala national treasure, g-force or 12 rounds. the heroic theme is really good. i hope the complete showdown and the music from the last scene are on the album. the guitar/piano theme is no typical rabin theme. the guitar playing is, but theme itself is not. that is cool. great score by trevor.
  3. Lars wrote
    the orchestral music in the showdown is very good. i would say it's in the same style as flyboys. no "techno action music" ala national treasure, g-force or 12 rounds. the heroic theme is really good. i hope the complete showdown and the music from the last scene are on the album. the guitar/piano theme is no typical rabin theme. the guitar playing is, but theme itself is not. that is cool. great score by trevor.

that's all I needed to hear, nothing like 12 Rounds or National Treasure smile
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    trevor composed also the theme for the NCAA 2011 "March Madness". you can hear the theme in this video right at the beginning. a clearer version would be great, but at the moment it's the best i could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06ywRxn … h_response

sounds cool.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011
    Original Motion Picture Score

I AM NUMBER FOUR

Music Composed by
    Trevor Rabin
    (Gone In 60 Seconds, Snakes On A Plane, National Treasure)

Three are dead. He is Number Four. D.J. Caruso helms an action-packed thriller about an extraordinary young man, John Smith, who is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri, John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events — his first love, powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny.

Action movie veteran Trevor Rabin (Gone In 60 Seconds) delivers an aggressive action/sci-fi score.

DreamWorks opened I AM NUMBER FOUR nationwide in February.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 090 2
    Release Date: 05/17/11