• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Marselus wrote
    "The energetic and propulsive music was conducted by orchestrator Gordon Goodwin, who led a 78-piece ensemble of the Hollywood Studio Symphony. Featuring strong brass lines and complex string ostinatos, the music is accentuated with electronics and percussion to keep the action flowing".

"In addition to the orchestral aspects of the score, a 24-person choir conducted by music librarian Marshall Bowen was recorded, providing another layer of excitement and scope to the music".

Me.Wants.!

oohhhhhhh Me Want as well cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    Let's hope Disney will release the score and please more than just 30 min.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Besides, did Dan attended The Day the Earth Stood Still sessions?

Nope. And so, i don't care what OTHER people say about things; I know only what I heard with my own ears. wink
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    dgoldwas wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Besides, did Dan attended The Day the Earth Stood Still sessions?

Nope. And so, i don't care what OTHER people say about things; I know only what I heard with my own ears. wink

That´s why I was asking. Actually your descriptions are far more accurate than the Varese´s site ones. So when you say "featuring strong brass lines and complex string ostinatos, the music is accentuated with electronics and percussion to keep the action flowing" I truly believe it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    That´s why I was asking. Actually your descriptions are far more accurate than the Varese´s site ones. So when you say "featuring strong brass lines and complex string ostinatos, the music is accentuated with electronics and percussion to keep the action flowing" I truly believe it.

smile thanks.
  2. timme wrote

Perhaps, but I think Varese has a good chance, considering they've released a healthy doses of Rabin's scores before
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    timme wrote

Perhaps, but I think Varese has a good chance, considering they've released a healthy doses of Rabin's scores before

Yeah... but it's Disney. Varese doesn't release Disney film scores. Walt Disney Records does.
  3. dgoldwas wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    timme wrote

Yeah... but it's Disney. Varese doesn't release Disney film scores. Walt Disney Records does.

ohhhhh sad
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    i have been told that it will probably be an itunes release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    Just watched "G-Force". Can´t understand why the music hasn´t been released. It is a very good adventurous score by Rabin, with all his trademarks and style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Marselus wrote
    Just watched "G-Force". Can´t understand why the music hasn´t been released. It is a very good adventurous score by Rabin, with all his trademarks and style.

You can listen to one, short cue from Rabin's website.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Marselus wrote

i love this score. of all 3 scores he composed this year, this is the best. disney should have release this score instead of race to witch mountain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Lars wrote
    Marselus wrote

i love this score. of all 3 scores he composed this year, this is the best. disney should have release this score instead of race to witch mountain.

Totally agree. There´s enough good material in the movie (I´d say at least 70 minutes for an 80 minutes film) to release a 50 - 55 minutes album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I was expecting a download-only score release at least, dunno why they decided not to do even that. Oh well, there's always hoping for a good quality promo to surface.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    it exists an END CREDITS SUITE. sounds really good. but his action-scoring-style has changed in a negative way. the orchestration and the percussion in his last actionscores sound awful, like computersamples. the themes and melodies are great but the actionmusic sounds sometimes cheap. the orchestration in the 6th day, american outlaws, remember the titans or bad company was great but since national treasure his actionstyle sounds different. the actionparts in gridiron gang are also different in comparison to glory road or coach carter. in glory road and coach carter the music sounds like a real full orchestra and in gridiron gang like sytheszizer samples. that's a little bit disappointing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    Lars, I agree. I even felt that way about Flyboys, as good as the ideas in that score are, it ends up sounding cheap because of the ridiculously simplistic orchestrations.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    i think the orchestration in flyboys is ok, but i find the themes simple and sometimes cheesy. perhaps the reason is also the album presentation. melodies and themes all over the place. i prefer the great raid. heroic, melodic themes on the right places, the rest is very atmospheric underscoring. it fits perfect to the movie. the album presention is also very good. what i mean with cheap action orchestrations are movies like get smart, gridiron gang, national treasure I + II or race to witch mountain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    Well, his orchestrations can vary from simplistically childish to more complex but his themes are quite fun, most of the times. The problem lies within the sound banks he uses, the cheepy sound many of them carry, esp. in contrast to other composers out there working today who can make them sound almost like an orchestra.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    Indeed. He's probably my favourite of the RC-style composers (except Zimmer, and given that Powell doesn't fit into the category any more), but enjoyment of his albums is always tempered by the cheap sound.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    I think it's about time Thomas re-publishes his The Glimmerman review. Should I start a poll or are you (Thomas) mature enough to finally do something about this great absence?
  4. Joep wrote
    I think it's about time Thomas re-publishes his The Glimmerman review. Should I start a poll or are you (Thomas) mature enough to finally do something about this great absence?

I have no problem publishing it, but it's a bootleg and that's forbidden here you know tongue
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    release date of The Sorcerer's Apprentice is july the 6th. here are soundclips:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … sikinfo-20

sounds awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited
    Ah, sounds orchestral! The first cue and the last one are POTC lift-offs smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And classroom is Thomas Newman. Fun to spot the influences smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I admit it sounds damn fun, mixing orchestral pieces with the trademarked Rabin adrenaline but with a far better sound than usual (see "car chase" in particular) sounds interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I skipped to the "Car Chase" sample, listened for about 15 seconds and turned it off. That's about as much of that nonsense I want to hear.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's one or 2 cues like that...listen to 'morgana fight'...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No thanks. I don't want to spend any more time listening to scores of that nature any more.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorLars
    the beginning of classroom is typical rabin style. i love this simple guitar theme. you're right with the pirates influence. perhaps this is his recycled demo for pirates. in an interview trevor said, that he thought he will compose the music. but his demo music was the wrong direction, so they chose the rcp team. this score sounds more orchestral than his last 5 scores. the emotional parts sound very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    And classroom is Thomas Newman. Fun to spot the influences smile

His National Treasure scores have some Newman in them, too. (Same director?)