• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    Well, to be honest I don't keep a list of all that 'esoteric' stuff, as you call it, because it's too fragmented and diverse.
    smile

Anyhow, enough of that masculine boasting, Thor, tssss!
    (And our Williams collection is nothing compared to some other fans' anyway!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009 edited
    fommes wrote
    Well, to be honest I don't keep a list of all that 'esoteric' stuff, as you call it, because it's too fragmented and diverse.
    smile

Anyhow, enough of that masculine boasting, Thor, tssss!
    (And our Williams collection is nothing compared to some other fans' anyway!)

True, it pales in comparison to those who buy everything with the words "John Williams" on them no matter what. That's never been my kind of completism. I just want to have ONE GOOD representation of EACH of his original compositions. Anything else is just curiousities and bonuses, really.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Reminds me of some rabid Barry fans who get, for example, all the releases of Goldfinger...Italian, Japanese issues etc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Reminds me of some rabid Barry fans who get, for example, all the releases of Goldfinger...Italian, Japanese issues etc.

But of course! The Japanese issue has the gold woman in a slighty yellower hue. Totally different thing. TOTALLY.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Michael Giacchino - 58 tongue

-Erik-

how can someone have 58 scores while he hasn't written that many? Are there so many CD's out here?

How are you boys counting this?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

But of course! The Japanese issue has the gold woman in a slighty yellower hue. Totally different thing. TOTALLY.

I don't know, but yeah, that kinda thing wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

how can someone have 58 scores while he hasn't written that many? Are there so many CD's out here?

Here's the Giacchino list

Believe me now? wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    *phew* Glad I didn't doubt you wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009
    Did Sky High have a release?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik has a direct line with Giacchino, and has all sorts of goodies we mere mortals can only dream of. angry envy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    BTW, I wasn't trying to show off. Not my intent at all. I merely wanted to point out that Giacchino has done A LOT OF WORK in the past ten years or so and some people might not have heard of those titles above.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

7. Call of Duty: Finest Hour

-Erik-

I´d love to listen to this one. How much music did he write and how does it compare to the first Call of Duty?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

7. Call of Duty: Finest Hour

-Erik-

I´d love to listen to this one. How much music did he write and how does it compare to the first Call of Duty?

The album I have is just under 37 minutes in length.

I actually prefer Finest Hour over the first score. It's a bit more heroic, a bit more melodic and that end credits cue is easily one of my favorite Giacchino piece. Glorious piece for orchestra and chorus. Kinda reminds me of some of the stuff he wrote for Semper Fi.

Here is "Tanks For the Memories"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMnxuq6n … re=related

And just look at the related videos to find more snippets from the soundtrack.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good stuff Erik, kinda reminds me, believe it or not, of Michel Legrand ( Ice Station Zebra ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    "Tanks For the Memories"

biggrin applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    I actually prefer Finest Hour over the first score. It's a bit more heroic, a bit more melodic and that end credits cue is easily one of my favorite Giacchino piece. Glorious piece for orchestra and chorus.

-Erik-

WANT!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Want all the unreleased LOST material ever.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    Here are my numbers:

Goldsmith 131
    Newton-Howard 89
    Zimmer 70
    Horner 54
    Silvestri 52
    Delerue 51
    Williams 45
    Poledouris 39
    Barry 36
    Kilar 32
    Hisaishi 28
    Preisner 28
    Newman (Thomas) 22
    Lorenc 20
    Desplat 18
    Elfman 18
    Iwashiro 18
    Kaczmarek 17
    Jones 16
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I have honestly never heard of a composer named "Lorenc" before. sad my knowledge is so small.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I must admit that I love to see people with stuff other than the typical 1.Williams 2.Horner 3.Goldsmith 4.Zimmer 5.'nother Hollywood-composer.

Sure, the above composers are all great and they certainly deserve to be collected, but the world has countless other amazing talents. Scoring Hollywood blockbusters doesn't automatically make you the film score champion of the world.

Bhelpuri's list was great, and Althazan's list contain several names that deserve a great deal of recognition. punk

Peter smile
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    BTW, I wasn't trying to show off. Not my intent at all. I merely wanted to point out that Giacchino has done A LOT OF WORK in the past ten years or so and some people might not have heard of those titles above.

-Erik-

I seem to recall you saying some time ago that there was little chance of any of Michael's currently-unreleased material being released. Is this still true? (As far as you know.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Scribe wrote
    I have honestly never heard of a composer named "Lorenc" before. sad my knowledge is so small.

Michal Lorenc is one of the best Polish film score composers, he worked in States once or twice (on Blood and Wine, a psychological thriller by Bob Rafelson starring Jack Nicholson and Jennifer Lopez)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009
    plindboe wrote
    I must admit that I love to see people with stuff other than the typical 1.Williams 2.Horner 3.Goldsmith 4.Zimmer 5.'nother Hollywood-composer.

Sure, the above composers are all great and they certainly deserve to be collected, but the world has countless other amazing talents. Scoring Hollywood blockbusters doesn't automatically make you the film score champion of the world.

Bhelpuri's list was great, and Althazan's list contain several names that deserve a great deal of recognition. punk

Peter smile

What do you mean, there is film music outside Hollywood?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Here's the Giacchino list...

you sir are insane shocked cheesy
    makes we want to trade with ya rolleyes
  5. Althazan wrote
    Here are my numbers:

Goldsmith 131
    Newton-Howard 89
    Zimmer 70
    Horner 54
    Silvestri 52
    Delerue 51
    Williams 45
    Poledouris 39
    Barry 36
    Kilar 32
    Hisaishi 28
    Preisner 28
    Newman (Thomas) 22
    Lorenc 20
    Desplat 18
    Elfman 18
    Iwashiro 18
    Kaczmarek 17
    Jones 16

the man barely posts, but he's got a list anyone's only dreaming of wink
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    Scribe wrote

Because you don't live in Poland... wink Give a chance to Lorenc (Psy, Zabic Sekala, Bandyta) - you will not be dissapointed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Althazan wrote
    Newton-Howard 89

Wow, a bigger JNH fan than me (with a whole 3 more albums)! shocked

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009 edited
    LSH wrote
    Althazan wrote
    Newton-Howard 89

Wow, a bigger JNH fan than me (with a whole 3 more albums)! shocked

biggrin

Yeah, Howard is my number 1. smile 42 from my Howard's albums are japanese pressings smile

Do you have "Wayward Son" promo (by Howard and Steve Porcaro)? I'm looking for this one for a long time...
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009
    Compared to many of you guys, I think I have a rather small collection:

John Williams (56)
    Danny Elfman (44)
    Jerry Goldsmith (41)
    Michael Giacchino (19)
    John Barry (18)
    Hans Zimmer (17)
    Alan Silvestri (14)
    James Horner (14)
    James Newton Howard (13)
    Marco Beltrami (13)
    Basil Poledouris (11)
    David Arnold (10)
    Harry Gregson-Williams (10)
    Howard Shore (10)
    Bernard Herrmann (7)
    Ennio Morricone (7)
    Brian Tyler (6)
    Carter Burwell (6)
    Christopher Young (6)
    Elliot Goldenthal (5)
    Vangelis (5)
    Don Davis (4)
    John Powell (4)
    John Debney (3)
    Klaus Badelt (3)
    Mark Snow (3)
    Steve Jablonsky (3)
    Bruce Broughton (2)
    Henry Mancini (2)
    John Ottman (2)
    Theodore Shapiro (2)
    Tyler Bates (2)

Plus a lot of composers, where I only have one cd...

The good thing about making such a list is, that you realize what names are missing. For instance, I only own one cd by Michael Kamen, although I like a lot of his work. Gotta fix that smile