• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
  1. The Goldenthal and Desplat scores seem like highlights in particular, for me. James Newton Howard's THE LAST AIRBENDER too.

I can't say Howard Shore's EDGE OF DARKNESS attracts me. His hiring reflects a shift in that project's dramatic ambitions, and I can't say what remains intrigues me at all. Shore's thriller sound is well and truly familiar by now.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I agree with many of your picks, Mikael. A small correction, though...Goldenthal and Taymour have made FOUR feature films together. FOOL'S FIRE (1992) is often forgotten.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I didn't know Silvestri was scoring The A-Team, but that simple combination has put it right on the list of things to look forward to.

I'm also waiting for Green Zone and Lost season 6.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait wait wait. Just let me get this straight..... they're doing a remake of the A-Team?

Hang on, let me repeat that.

THEY'RE DOING A REMAKE OF THE A-TEAM?!?

Jesus. Wept.

Even if it's good, why the hell would they want to make a film about the A-Team!? That's almost as stupid as the other recently Silvestri-scored film; G.I.Joe.

face-palm-mt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010 edited
    Liam Neeson is playing Hannibal.

It's already old news, which cave have you been hiding in? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I liked the tv show as a child. Not sure if I want to watch a film version of it though.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    It's already old news, which cave have you been hiding in? wink

You mean about the A-Team thing? The right cave by the looks of it!
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    I have high Hopes for Clash of the Titans by Craig Armstrong, His choral writing is very impressive, Hope He won't go in the RC zone like he did with second Hulk. I Love Plunkett and Macleane and looking forward to hear something in this vein for Clash of the Titans lick
    Also any New music from Horner will be much expected although He's not singed for anything yet sad
  2. Maybe he'll want to take a rest after the exhausting project of Avatar.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Roy wrote
    I have high Hopes for Clash of the Titans by Craig Armstrong, His choral writing is very impressive, Hope He won't go in the RC zone like he did with second Hulk. I Love Plunkett and Macleane and looking forward to hear something in this vein for Clash of the Titans lick
    Also any New music from Horner will be much expected although He's not singed for anything yet sad

I wish Clash of The Titans was being scored by Elliot Goldenthal. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe he'll want to take a rest after the exhausting project of Avatar.

well I think there has never been (since He started of course smile ) a year without at least one of His score so I guess He will find some project cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Roy wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe he'll want to take a rest after the exhausting project of Avatar.

well I think there has never been (since He started of course smile ) a year without at least one of His score so I guess He will find some project cheesy

I think 2007 was the only year he didn't have any film projects? I kinda hope he has a rest, because by the looks of him he needs it!
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    IMDB says that The Life Before Her Eyes was released in 2007 ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Centurion. London Metropolitan Orchestra. Celtic solo instruments. Fantastic. It was on top of my top-10-anticipated scores already and by the looks of it, it's gonna stay right there. Just hope it's not gonna get tossed and replaced with some 300 sounding stuff on the eleventh hour.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Roy wrote

By the way, Armstrong was awarded the OBE in the Queen's new years honours list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim
    moviescore wrote
    http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/12/t … s-of-2010/

Everything IMO, of course...

mc

Thanks for pulling together this list Mikael. From a purely selfish point of view, it helps me starting scheduling some review posts for my own blog. I appreciate the time and work it took to pull the list together. smile
    FilmScoreClickTrack.com - Tracking musical memories, one click at a time.
  3. There a similar thread here:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 0/#Item_16

If I had to narrow it down to 10, from my list in that thread, it would be -- in no particular order (including some missing for some reason):

1. Christophe Beck: Waiting for Superman
    2. Bill Conti: The Perfect Game
    3. George Fenton: The Bounty Hunter
    4. James Newton Howard: The Last Airbender
    5. James Newton Howard: Wings Over the Rockies (documentary)
    6. Conrad Pope: In My Sleep
    7. William Ross: The Mighty Macs
    8. Alan Silvestri: The A-Team
    9. Marc Shaiman: Flipped
    10. Mark Snow: Fencewalker * The Kings of Appletown (had to include two, sorry)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    justin boggan wrote
    There a similar thread here:

If I had to narrow it down to 10, from my list in that thread, it would be -- in no particular order (including some missing for some reason):

According to IMDb, this is a documentary which is "an exhaustive review of public education"... not sure that will sparkle the most interesting music, but who knows!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Roy wrote

By the way, Armstrong was awarded the OBE in the Queen's new years honours list.

I echo your wish about Clash of the Titans.

I noticed that award for Armstrong with complete bafflement. I can only assume it was for something other than film music? (Look at some of the British film composers who haven't been honoured - like George Fenton and Patrick Doyle - and one for Armstrong is just bizarre.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He got an OBE?

...why? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have no idea but OBE he has.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They just give 'em out like candy nowadays, huh?
  4. moviescore wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    There a similar thread here:

According to IMDb, this is a documentary which is "an exhaustive review of public education"... not sure that will sparkle the most interesting music, but who knows!

mc

something more orchestral and intimate, is what I am hoping for. A number of his film scores have been very lacking, to me, when compared to his Emmy winning work on "Buffy the Vamprie Slayer".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    He got an OBE?

...why? confused

Many composers have been honoured or knighted over the centuries. Sir William Walton, Sir Edward Elgar, Sir Malcolm Arnold...

Ralph Vaughan Williams, arguably ( not by me ) the greatest British composer of them all received no such accolades. I would have to find out more information but I believe RVW turned down all such awards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I meant more why Armstrong? What's he done to deserve an OBE?
  5. He scored "Elizabeth", maybe? (but not in a dirty way)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good answer applause biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    No, no, you all got it wrong. Finally, Armstrong got an OBOE.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What's an OBE?

I wouldn't add A-Team or Iron Man 2 on such list. Those seem not interesting at all. Tree of Life most certainly is the most anticipated one for me I think. And I look forward to the Daft Punk score.
    Kazoo