• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Now, this is really sad.

Peter angry

WTF

If you don't want to feel impotent anger at moronic cretinous god botherers and retards I suggest you DON'T read this.

yeah like I said...
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. That just sickens me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Recent images from Channel 4 news, it just goes on and on, terrible!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011 edited
    Geology will solve all of humanity's problems in time. Like Israel? The Red Sea Fault runs right through the country and in a couple of million of years, it will all be under the wave... There, problem solved.

It's a good thing that life ISN'T fair, because if it were, half of this planet's population would be dead by now...tsunami, drought, killer virus, meteorite impact, missile misfunction, you name it.

I'm a particularly ghastly mood today, my apologies. crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Everyone is entitled to one of those days ChrK, ride it out and feel good soon. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    I was talking with my old friend Tim today, he said he couldn't take his eyes away from all the news coverage, such was the horror he felt.
    Some of you from the old ScoreReviews forum will remember how concerned I was during the 2004 tsunami knowing that Tim was hollidaying in Thailand on Phuket, obviously he survived but he witnessed the kind of appalling events that I hope none of us will have to, he tells me that even to this day he can't relax when he's on a beach, any beach, even here in Britain.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    I was talking with my old friend Tim today, he said he couldn't take his eyes away from all the news coverage, such was the horror he felt.
    Some of you from the old ScoreReviews forum will remember how concerned I was during the 2004 tsunami knowing that Tim was hollidaying in Thailand on Phuket, obviously he survived but he witnessed the kind of appalling events that I hope none of us will have to, he tells me that even to this day he can't relax when he's on a beach, any beach, even here in Britain.

That's terrible. I really feel for him. I imagine that experience would leave such a lasting effect.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Now, this is really sad.

Peter angry

Fools. The lot of them.
    I can't imagine how people could be so hateful over an event that took place 70 years ago.
    Very few Americans are actually like this.
    We absolutely do not have any reason to be sore for Pearl Harbor.

By the way, I have no idea what religion would have to do with this.
    The fact that these people mention prayer with these bigot remarks is terrible.

I can't help but laugh at people that have not "forgiven" Japan for bombing Pearl Harbor. I guess they are forgetting a couple of other bombs the US dropped.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wave

Don't read it, it really is in the most exceptionally poorest of taste and decency.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    Miya wave

Don't read it, it really is in the most exceptionally poorest of taste and decency.

I certainly didn't mean anything by it. I was just saying that only Japan would have the right to hold a grudge.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    eek! no no Gardner, nothing was aimed at you or anybody else, heaven forbid, I just wanted to warn Mia, I know that you and everyone else here found this as grossly insensitive as I did.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    ^
    Ok! :sigh of relief: I was just making sure. Your comment makes perfect sense by the way. That was all me.
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    omaha wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Now, this is really sad.

Peter angry

Fools. The lot of them.
    I can't imagine how people could be so hateful over an event that took place 70 years ago.
    Very few Americans are actually like this.
    We absolutely do not have any reason to be sore for Pearl Harbor.

By the way, I have no idea what religion would have to do with this.
    The fact that these people mention prayer with these bigot remarks is terrible.

I can't help but laugh at people that have not "forgiven" Japan for bombing Pearl Harbor. I guess they are forgetting a couple of other bombs the US dropped.

Well said. beer

It's a weird mentality indeed. They don't seem to realize that the world has changed and moved on since then.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Miya, how are you coping there? I hope you are safe! Martijn any news from your brother?
    I've been following the news too and I have a heavy feeling all the time! Such a tragedy. sad But on the other hand, I saw the picture of a baby girl born yesterday in the midst of all this death and I felt optimistic. Life always find a way!Hold on Japan!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The nuclear factor is very dangerous from now on. Very upsetting.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    More horrifying videos.....first-person view of tsunami hitting

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=01f_1300076167
  2. Stavroula wrote
    Miya, how are you coping there? I hope you are safe! Martijn any news from your brother?
    I've been following the news too and I have a heavy feeling all the time! Such a tragedy. sad But on the other hand, I saw the picture of a baby girl born yesterday in the midst of all this death and I felt optimistic. Life always find a way!Hold on Japan!

Ganbatte!

They will make it through.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    horrible
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    Martijn any news from your brother?

Just been in contact: they can't get to the Narita airport.
    Well, they can, but that means staying in an area where the radiation levels have now been measured as being up 2100%. Apparently their insurance company, who would be liable for the rebooking fees, sees no problem with this.

So they've given the company the finger and have rebooked from Yokohama to leave at Friday. Costs a bundle, but fuck, it's only money. Already I (and some friends) have offered to help out on that level, but according to the last news it doesn't seem necessary.

I'm relatively relieved, although I will only be properly happy when he's arrived back on European soil.

Miya, my deepest sympathies for this terrible, terrible tragedy.
    I'm so happy that it's spared you and yours so far, but my heart bleeds for Japan.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My thoughts go out to everyone involved in this horrible event.

The nuclear danger is rising minute by minute. Truly, it's a grim situation.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's terrible. I really feel for him. I imagine that experience would leave such a lasting effect.

He's not walking around like some shell-shocked soldier but yeah, these disasters do get to him a lot more than those of us lucky enough to have never experienced it, he was very lucky and so were the friends he was with who were in a solid concrete structure when it struck, I guess mental damage is a small price to pay when you consider what could have happened.

gods knows what it must be like for all those survivors who have lost family, friends, homes, businesses etc, it's unimaginable.
  3. I think I can say that based on my talks to Miya, I have been talking to her everyday since the earthquake, except today, she is doing fine and everybody close to her is also doing fine. I haven't talked to her since the radioactive cloud was supposed to go to Tokyo and eventually missed the city due to winds (which is huge relief) and there are rolling power outages, I think (not sure, they called off it a few times, from what she told me). I am communicating with her through Facebook and Skype. Of course, she is updating the situation on her own here, where she can. But from what I know until today, she's fine and seems to be in good spirits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011
    Thanks for the update, Pawel. beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Martijn, let us know when your brother gets to Europe safe and sound.
  5. Miya told me that she'll give an update as soon as she can, maybe even today (though it's already 10:36 PM there). What I can tell today is that her life in Tokyo, even with the nuclear scare is normal enough that she got back to job hunting.

I think I can quote her saying this, when I passed the information that you are asking questions about her well-being: "Thanks so much for your words. It's great to have somebody thinking about me in a far away land smile".

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    So yes, I'm doing fine in the western Tokyo. smile
    Here we have planned power cutting (not in my area so far), so the transportation network is messed up, and many people rushed to stores for buying foods (but the distribution system of non-suffered areas is still working rolleyes ). Still smaller earthquakes are coming here sometimes. But the real tragedies are still ongoing in Tohoku, some parts of northern Kanto and obviously Fukushima.

As for me, things are going normal - I'm just busy preparing for move-out next week (it's planned way before the earthquake). I'll stay at my grandma & aunt's house probably until I get a job.

Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. People in the suffered areas need more of those.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Martijn any news from your brother?

Just been in contact: they can't get to the Narita airport.
    Well, they can, but that means staying in an area where the radiation levels have now been measured as being up 2100%. Apparently their insurance company, who would be liable for the rebooking fees, sees no problem with this.

So they've given the company the finger and have rebooked from Yokohama to leave at Friday. Costs a bundle, but fuck, it's only money. Already I (and some friends) have offered to help out on that level, but according to the last news it doesn't seem necessary.

I'm relatively relieved, although I will only be properly happy when he's arrived back on European soil.

Miya, my deepest sympathies for this terrible, terrible tragedy.
    I'm so happy that it's spared you and yours so far, but my heart bleeds for Japan.

Where is he now?
    I don't wanna mess up with incorrect information, because of my limited English writing, but there are several websites providing domestic information in English. I think NHK World is streaming the news videos, and Google has useful links here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Timmer wrote
    Miya wave

Well I can read it. Every human population has a certain percentage of this kind of stupidity, like those stupids bashing Korean students when Japanese are kidnapped by North Korea. Sad but it's true! And I saw some disgusting tweets of false rumors about Chinese and Koreans committing crimes in the suffered area. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, we have a saying 'stupid is as stupid does', it's deeply sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt