• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Not anymore, Thor. The amounts of score released on albums raised significantly since there's a new deal with the local Los Angeles players.

Yeah, maybe, but that doesn't necessarily negate the presence of album considerations. Except for the Armstrong HULK ordeal and the recent Giacchino STAR TREK debacle, I can't think of a single recent soundtrack album from big commercial labels where some sort of album production & listening experience consideration have NOT been put into it. It is NOT customary for these soundtracks to be presented C&C, thank God. More music? yeah, maybe, but they still shuffle around and pick out tracks that give the album best possible flow.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011 edited
    This from Roger at INTRADA...

"And, just a tip of our hat for one of our 6/28 releases. We're very excited about this so it's difficult to keep it under wraps for so long, but I will mention that we're launching a new series of albums that day. These are a co-production (and therefore co-branded) with the studio bringing some stuff to light we frankly never thought we'd see happen."

I'm betting this Co-Branding will be with DISNEY!? I certainly hope so, the possibilities are mouth watering.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I suppose Disney would be a good candidate as the company who wants more exposure than most in film music releases.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
    I don't know what says 'Disney' about that announcement, but nothing would be lovelier, of course.

Excited about what it's gonna be, anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I'm betting this Co-Branding will be with DISNEY!? I certainly hope so, the possibilities are mouth watering.

Admit it. You just want an expanded The Black Hole. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Admit it. You just want an expanded The Black Hole. wink

TRUE!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I saw THE BLACK HOLE a year ago or so, and by God, it has to be one of the worst sci fi films I've seen. Can't remember much of the score.

My biggest Disney wish (beyond the classics) is Doyle's SHIPWRECKED aka HÅKON HÅKONSEN. Had a CD-R once, but it deteriorated and I had to throw it away.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011 edited
    Despite some obligatory Star Wars nods ( in the late 70's early 80's almost all sci-fi ripped Star Wars ), cheesy Disneyified friendly robots and a cop-out ending THE BLACK HOLE has some really great moments, superb set designs, an original spaceship in the Cygnus, a truly sinister robot and a fine villain in Maximillien Schell, it's very atmospheric and helped by a great score.
  2. I find the current album a bit repetitive and the lumbering theme is not one of Barry's best. Would an expanded release mix it up a bit and introduce a bit more variety?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011
    Timmer wrote

"And, just a tip of our hat for one of our 6/28 releases. We're very excited about this so it's difficult to keep it under wraps for so long, but I will mention that we're launching a new series of albums that day. These are a co-production (and therefore co-branded) with the studio bringing some stuff to light we frankly never thought we'd see happen."

I see the thread title at FSM has been changed to...

New Intrada / Disney CD Line Coming On June 28th
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm surprised that THE LION KING mentalists* haven't chimed in here yet?

*said with a wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

I see the thread title at FSM has been changed to...

New Intrada / Disney CD Line Coming On June 28th

Yeah, but that's still speculation from Mr. LeBlanc there. Nothing has been confirmed yet re: label. I've never gotten this "jump the gun" mentality among soundtrack fans, I must admit.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but in the meantime I'll reserve the champagne.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me neither Thor but sometimes I can't help getting caught up in it
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    in the meantime I'll reserve the champagne.

Odd statement coming from you!
    Kazoo
  3. Nah, he'll just reserve it for 30 minutes.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote
    in the meantime I'll reserve the champagne.

Odd statement coming from you!

He, he....

Not really, since I don't really like champagne.

Had it been LEFFE BLOND, on the other hand.... wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Champagne? I can't stand the stuff! I'll only drink it if...

a) A toasting ( weddings and such )

b) There's nothing else to drink wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I love it!

I guess if this is Disney, it may well be The Black Hole.

On another note, it seems that the thing that prompted me to start this topic (ie that they were going to make properly-produced albums and not indiscriminate every-last-note ones) turned out not to be the case. Oh well.
  4. If it's a CD line, that means a lot of Disney scores will be released in the future

And then I'm hoping for The Mighty Ducks trilogy smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011 edited
    Disney? Is Disney, the most protective company of them all about their back catalogue, willing to hand their products over to another distributor? Hmm. Unlikely, but if so, there are grand opportunities. Of course, this might just be a deal for the live-action films and such, but IF (and that's a big IF, hence the captions) this includes their classics, there's potential for a certain you-know-what title. Coming off other older releases from MV, and such.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011
    I would be VERY surprised if it included any animations, or at least any of the successful ones (so Black Cauldron would be a possibility, perhaps).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I would be VERY surprised if it included any animations, or at least any of the successful ones (so Black Cauldron would be a possibility, perhaps).

Exactly! Disney wouldn't need any cross branding on a title like The Lion King.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Me too. Disney is way too protective over their classics to ever give it over to another party. Hmm. Maybe this isn't even about the Walt Disney branded catalogue per se, but about films from Buena Vista (Touchstone, Hollywood, etc.). In that case, we could be talking about something like Starship Troopers? At least about films that didn't have a soundtrack release from Walt Disney Records in the first place.