• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2011 edited
    The US billion I would imagine. I don't think anyone uses the "million million" definition of a billion. And when people did, was it only in the UK that a billion was a million million?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2011
    But that is way waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy below a BILLION, I don't believe it, what I believe is that they falsify those numbers to stroke their monumental egos.

That's my theory anyway.

coming soon, I have a theory about the Brontosaurus
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The US billion I would imagine.

biggrin applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is it a US billion or the other billion? 1,000,000,000 or 1,000,000,000,000?

1000,000,000,000 = One Trillion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is there really a us billion?!? I'm scared.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. That quoted figure of a billion includes worldwide live and recorded viewing figures.

Levy, Emanuel. All About Oscar: The History and Politics of the Academy Awards. New York: Continuum, 2003. ISBN 0-826-41452-4
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is that right!? Next thing you'll be telling me the world is round rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It is round? Then why do they say "at the edge of the world" ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FUCK! You got me there buddy, so the world has an "edge"? It's driving me round the bend!! crazy

can you go round a bend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am confused. I must book a session with my local priest to enlighten me this Sunday.
  2. Going round a bend? That's all relative.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But what about the Academy Awards?
    Kazoo
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Jim my friend, if you could write anything close to The social network, you wouldn't be here talking about it but out there making a huge load of money, like Ross and Reznor, two very good and respected artists in their circles. Of course film music fans won't like them, but what they do they do it good and social network works good in the movie and makes for a very good electronica album nevertheless.

I'm with Jim on this matter, I too had the feeling I could do something much better. Of course I can't but that was my initial response. For me scores don't have to be orchestral to enjoy them, and I should know. I'm from the 80's and I love and appreciate the sound of the artists that made electronic scores commendable.

But The Social Network's biggest problem for me is class! For me, Brian Tyler on autopilot is still 50 times better because there's a least a sense of musical direction and creative craftsmanship involved! The one and only reason why The Social Network or 127 Hours is on board is because it is found in a movie that's nominated for best motion picture. Meaning a respected and will liked motion picture.

Let me reverse the question. What if the score of either of those 2 were ever found in for instance Gulliver's Travels, Vampires Suck, The Last Airbender, meaning movies that are now nominated for the Razzie award! Would they have received a nomination then?

Don't think so.

For me movie music is still about the craft of filmmusic, in and outside the picture, no matter what film it supports.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Still, your point is the nomination which i don't comment.

My point is that neither Jim or you could write that album.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Still, your point is the nomination which i don't comment.

My point is that neither Jim or you could write that album.

true, I don't have the potential nor the talent to do something they wrote, but that doesn't mean it qualifies for an Oscar, because it's far from talented gifted scores that were offered a nomination in the past as well. If we're gonna accept scores like this as a reference point for upcoming films, then filmmusic is truly doomed!

everybody says Tron deserved a nomination too, but unfortunately it was featured in a non friendly Oscar movie. Put the score of Daft Punk in Inception, it would have been nominated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Again, about the nomination. face-palm-mt

It doesn't have to do with the quality of the music on album, for its genre.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Again, about the nomination. face-palm-mt

It doesn't have to do with the quality of the music on album, for its genre.

yeah the nomination, I know

about the score, it is a load of crap! But I'm glad they made money with it

Better? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2011 edited
    I hope it wins just to piss people off, those - at least - who are so close to the whole Oscars thingy biggrin
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    I hope it wins just to piss people off, those - at least - who are so close to the whole Oscars thingy biggrin

I was expecting something like that biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am sure the duo will be pissed by Rahman first. biggrin
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    I am sure the duo will be pissed by Rahman first. biggrin

I just hope that common sense prevails shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    So, I'm in the UK for the moment. Where can I see the bloody show? The TV package we have is called Freesat, and it doesn't include the Sky Movies channel, where I think the Oscar show will be broadcast. Any other Freesat channel where the show will be on?

Or is there any place online where one can watch it live?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Are you planning on staying up all night?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote

Yep. Have done that for years now every time the show is on.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I will NOT be one of the 237 billion people watching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Damn, I hoped you'd be one of the people who'd know where I could see it.

It seems so absurd that there's so much talk about the Oscars, and when the show is finally on there's no where to see the bloody thing.

Peter slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Online is probably your best bet. I don't think it goes out on any other channels than Sky Movies.
  8. I don't think it is broadcast anywhere else other than on Sky Movies. So, unless you find somewhere online that uses their feed then you may be stuffed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote

Yep. Have done that for years now every time the show is on.

Peter smile

Daammmmn
  9. plindboe wrote
    Damn, I hoped you'd be one of the people who'd know where I could see it.

It seems so absurd that there's so much talk about the Oscars, and when the show is finally on there's no where to see the bloody thing.

Peter slant

Do you have some German stations there? Pro7 is renowned for broadcasting the Oscars.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website