• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011
    We want more pics! smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    So, Hans Zimmer in concert. The 2011 concert was dedicated to Ronni Chasen, the agent / assistant who passed away last year and Hans chose to perform the first score she heard by him, Driving Miss Daisy, and the last score she heard by him, Inception, which was a beautiful thing to do.

Driving Miss Daisy was performed by a small ensemble with Hans on the piano of course and soloists on violin, clarinet en the drummer was beat boxing. Really nice. Then it was time for Inception. Perhaps I must add that when we sat down after the intermission we already noticed some… well, let’s say ‘equipment’ that wasn’t there before. Two laptops and synthesizers and more electronic stuff. Hans brought his own musicians and was going to perform on synthesizer and piano himself. So, everyone was ready, Hans at the synths, the orchestra ready to go, the solo musicians, conductor Dirk Brossé put on his headphones and there it goes. Some noise with deep bass was coming from the electronics filling the concert hall with anticipation (Half Remembered Dream) without the orchestra even playing anything yet. I think it was followed by We Built Our Own World, like on the album, slowly building up. Strings started to come in, still together with the electronic sounds and loud bass. I just sat there in awe, being impressed by the loudness and darkness of the music, knowing what had yet to come. Then the hightlight for me started to fill the concert hall: The Dream is Collapsing. The build up of that track is so awesome on it’s own, just imagine what it’s like in a huge concert hall, feeling the bass in your stomach, strings come in, brass comes in and seeing Hans Zimmer on stage on synths. I thought I was going nuts inside. What a blast. And then some more, building up, getting louder and darker and bigger as it went along. I thought the whole world was collapsing!! I don’t remember what music from the album was played next because I was blown away by the opening and The Dream is Collapsing so much. I know of course Mombasa was there. Not my favorite track, but exciting to see performed live. I do know Waiting for a Train was there too, or at least the second half part where he the ¾ comes in and the song. Awesome track too. The finale was, needless to say, Time, with Hans on piano. Beautiful how it builds up and fades away.

I was very much impressed by this performance of Inception live and it was nothing like I expected. I mean, what do you expect? I expected an excellent orchestra performing music from Inception. I thought that would be it! But Hans wouldn’t be Hans if it wasn’t loud of course. So, he brought some good noise and it was a blast. Everything beyond my expectation. Orchestra mixed with synths, live on stage, with Hans Zimmer on stage and the typical Zimmer-loudness and awesomeness he brought put a smile on my face, the chills down my spine and tears in my eyes.

Looking back at the concert the highlights for me were definitely A Single Man, LOTR: Mount Doom and Inception.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Impressive!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <rumble> Most impressive. </rumble>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm uploading photos on Facebook right now. People who want a photo orginal size can PM me with an e-mail adres where I can send the file to.

I have no idea if people like it to be tagged? Some may find it useful, others find it annoying. I don't know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cool! Will you make it generally available? (So also for non-friends? smile )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Make sure you make the facebook album available to all, and non fb users smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje, very nice summary, thank you!

2 points though:

1. If you were here more often you'd certainly know about Abel's gorgeous and high-praised work to A SINGLE MAN wink
    2. oh and, hm....well: JORDI ATTACKED ZIMMER?!?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I uploaded 13 photo's so far. These are the best I think.
    I'll add more tomorrow, make a selection, because there is often 'more of the same' (Zimmer in slightly different poses... you know, sometimes less is more).

Here is the album so far:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … c2ab93569a
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Excellent! Excellent! LOVE the group photos!
    Looks like you had a marvelous time. You all look great! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011 edited
    Bregje, as you're pretty much the only one reported in yet: how did Thor's ears hold out? Was/is he OK?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Great group photos! Thanks for sharing, the one with you Abel, Bregt and Thor is awesome! It'd be a good idea to write the names below the maintitles group photo too (i know of the faces but some do escape smile )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I will!

Unfortunately I spent much less time with the whole group than expected. It didn't go as planned for me personally. But I'm glad I met everyone in the morning!!

I was looking for photos on the website of The World Soundtrack Awards but they are well hidden and invisible too for me... Go to their website, go to features, go to music files, go to WSA 2011. And there should be pictures?

http://www.worldsoundtrackawards.com/fe … edition=38
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Photos don't load for me either, it's a broken link problem maybe.
  1. Well from our SST WSA Gathering there will be pictures uploaded on our SST Gallery

When posting this only from one members the pictures are uploaded. More will follow the next days when I receive them from our other members (Some Maintitles member will see themself at the Press Meeting
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thank you, Sirius, I'll check again in the following days. I've already seen myself and I love girlfriend's shirt haha!
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje, as you're pretty much the only one reported in yet: how did Thor's ears hold out? Was/is he OK?

As Bregje apparently has me on ignore (I didn't even know we had that function! dizzy wink ), does anyone else know how Thor is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I don't know, I only met everyone in the morning and then after the concert for goodbyes. I haven't asked.
    I guess we'll have to wait for them to come back and tell their own stories! Including Jordi and his photo moment with Zimmer.
    smile

I have now added more photos and it's all I have that's nice and not too blurry. 34 pics and the link is still the same of course:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … c2ab93569a
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    I don't know, I only met everyone in the morning and then after the concert for goodbyes. I haven't asked.

Well, I guess if some emergency had arisen it would have been clear. And he seems happy enough in the photos (although that could be the spray and meds of course wink ).

But hey ho, I'm sure we'll hear some more as soon as the other guys and gals are starting to trickle back in.
    Just curious (and a little concerned), is all. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Love the photos, Bregje! Excellent selection!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    no kazoo photos?
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    It seems interesting things always happen far from my country... :P

I wish to go one of these events one day, and get a kazoo! (I want a green one) biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Added some pics!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter … mp;theater
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris

Marcel can you make it open (publicly visible) to non-fb users?
  2. Bregje wrote
    I'm uploading photos on Facebook right now. People who want a photo orginal size can PM me with an e-mail adres where I can send the file to.

I have no idea if people like it to be tagged? Some may find it useful, others find it annoying. I don't know.

let people tag themselves, several people don't like it once they think they don't look good on photo, so let them tag themselves, that way you can never get into trouble

excellent report and photos by the way smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011 edited
    The ear infection problem went surprisingly fine, thanks for asking. And I'm fine now (except for the tinnitus, of course, which is another thing altogether).

Here's one of the major highlights of the weekend for me:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 5873_n.jpg

More pics and reports coming...
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Martijn wrote
    Martijn wrote

As Bregje apparently has me on ignore (I didn't even know we had that function! dizzy wink ), does anyone else know how Thor is?

as we spent a lot of time with Thor, I can honestly say he held out fine. Just at the afterparty at the Vooruit he went downstairs because the music was too loud (and the beer selection was crap anyway wink )
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good to hear, guys! punk beer <- proper beer selection. Like Jillz or Desperados. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    I'm glad that everyone had a good time at the meeting and the concert.
    Thor, that's really an image (You and Hans Zimmer) to blow up wallsize or frame it.

For myself the day had a major setback since the restaurant couldn't deliver what was agreed upon
    and one of the three groups I made the reservation for didn't show up, what gave us no ground
    to claim a discount. I hope you all understand that this is something what happened beyond my control but I certainly have learned from it the hard way.
    Of course I will contact the Maintitles.de group about it, but as the agreement was based upon mutual confidence I think they won't bother much. (there goes german "Gründlichkeit")

My sincere apologies to all of you.
    (but can I still have my kazoo?) shame

Dutchbat
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    The restaurant was excellent up until the bill came; I doubt that had the Germans showed up, the restaurant would have handled things better, they still owe me a dessert. The staff reacted very 'unprofessional' not to mention impolite at the checkout counter. To me a minor flaw in an otherwise amazing day.

No fault to maintitles.net or SST, you guys did a great job of bringing the fans together!

P.S. Great pics Bregje! We need more smile