• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011
    Howard Shore will not attend the Festival?

I hope that finally he can attend the press conference and the concert
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt wrote
    Howard Shore might not be able to attend due to scheduling conflict.

This actually doesn't surprise me. Martin Scorsese mentioned in New York last week they're currently recording the score for Hugo. I was wondering how Shore would squeeze in Gent in the meantime. As it turns out, he couldn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wrote
    You have to order these? You can't just order a single dinner dish?

I guess it's logistics for such a large group, I'm glad to see the veggie option lick
    Plus you can always have your choice meal drowned in a Belgian beer of choice :D

Would be a shame if Shore isn't there, one of the highlights of last year, a true gentlemen.
  1. Other composers who should be at the meeting are:

Alex Heffes
    Lorne Balfe
    Paul Leonard-Morgan
    iZLER

Of course there is something with Shore again. We have bad experience with him as well last year in Krakow. He did not show up at a closed meeting, because he was too tired. He was present at a dinner afterparty where guests of the festival (including Ad and me) were invited.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011
    (something is wrong with my Outlook, so to Bregt and Bob: thanks for the parking info, but I thought I had read somewhere that the Ibis hotels have paid parking for guests. So we'll see what we do with the car. It feels comfy to have the car close and in the city centre. The only thing too far to do by foot will be the concert I guess?)

Then, we still haven't figured out what to do with the whole group and what we do by ourselves. One whole day with film score geeks could be too much?? Just a question: is everyone coming alone or are there more partners coming?

So far my guess is: together we'll do the meet & greet and then dinner and concert. The rest of the day apart or just: we'll see? I don't know yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    This is the menu for Yanko (because we are a large group, they prefer we choose from this).

How large is this group exactly?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Will the meet & greet be more like a press conference?
    Or also a chance to shake hands or have covers signed and stuff? There must be many people there?
  2. Bregje wrote

ATM we have 53 people for dinner
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Wow, that's impressive! I'd like to be part of that. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Bregje wrote

ATM we have 53 people for dinner

Seriously?
    (Siriusly? biggrin God. Name jokes are SO immature. shame )
    Wow, I'm so sorry I'm missing it....but it can't be helped. Family really comes first these days. )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    (Siriusly? biggrin God. Name jokes are SO immature. shame )

NP I am used to it also on SST. But hey Why so Sirius? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011 edited
    Hooray, I got a brief interview with Goldenthal on Saturday (with two other journalists)!!

But now I need to prepare some questions. I was told there wasn't supposed to be an interview. I'll do it on the plane, inbetween nasalsprays and jawning. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Hooray, I got a brief interview with Goldenthal on Saturday (with two other journalists)!!

But now I need to prepare some questions. I was told there wasn't supposed to be an interview. I'll do it on the plane, inbetween nasalsprays and jawning. smile

you lucky bastard biggrin

enjoy it buddy, make your dream come true
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Thor, it's yawning.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Nice one! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Would it be a good idea if we all wear a badge with our MT-name and an image of our avatar, so we know who is who?!

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's cool Thor!

I'm in Ghent with Jordi and Thomas, and waiting for the others to arrive. See you all later!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Don't forget your kazoo btw!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I will Merrigold! you all in heart and mind!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Other composers who should be at the meeting are:

Anyone know if there are any others? Is Shore definitely not coming now?
  6. Shore is definitely not coming. Heard it on the radio today.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If I had been on my way to Ghent that news would be a major bummer for me. Only a slap up meal in the most expensive restaurant paid for by Bregt would be able to console me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011 edited
    Someone not turning up is a bit of a bummer.

I remember at a SONCINEMAD it was announced that David Shire wouldn't be coming - I was gutted. And we were sat in the auditorium on the first day!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    If I had been on my way to Ghent that news would be a major bummer for me. Only a slap up meal in the most expensive restaurant paid for by Bregt would be able to console me.

Beer-stewed beef do ya?

Belgians are GOOD. VERY good!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes please! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2011
    Had a great time yesterday! Here are some pics from the press conference & concert:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 70a0237e91
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011 edited
    Nice Francis! Such a great idea to take pictures from the concert as well!!
    I was too polite again I guess... I didn't because it wasn't allowed, but I saw people around me taking pictures... Going through my photos last night I really missed those, since the concert was so awesome.

Actually, I'm listening to Inception with the headphones right now and crying my eyeballs out with the Dream is Collapsing because it was so impressive to hear Inception live. And loud. How cool was that. It's the first music I listen to since the concert, so... wham!!

I'll go upload my photos now and write a little report.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011
    I'll do the report first, to prevent I write too much comments with my photos. wink
    I really need to express my experience first.

On saturday morning we were meeting up with the people from MainTitles at the Marriott. It was really nice to meet some people again and some people for the first time! It was really good. Then we went inside and took a seat in the press conference room. First Abel Korceniowski came in and had a seat. Then it took a while and you could feel everyone waiting in anticipation. People looking over their shoulder to the door to see if Hans Zimmer was arriving. Then the moment was there, we looked and a clump of people was slowly walking in, I guess somewhere in the middle of the clump was hans Zimmer and then he took a seat as well. I joked to my husband that it was a bit like children waiting for Sinterklaas to enter. You know, nervously waiting and looking at the door and then Sinterklaas slowly walks in, with his Pieten around him and then children start singing. Well, we didn't sing, but there was applause when Hans walked in. Which, by the way, made me feel bad because no one applauded for Abel when he walked in! Whicj was painful I guess, looking back.

The press conference started although Goldenthal hadn't arrived yet... He sort of 'walked' in later on, too late and with sun glasses on, and I won't spend too many words on him, except two things: that I am very curious how the press will try to make sense of his answers writing the interviews down, that will be a hell of a job. Also, Maykel took some pictures of him at one point when we thought he had fallen asleep or had passed out. It was an embarrassing and painful appearance of Elliot Goldenthal.

I really really enjoyed the press conference when Hans Zimmer or Abel Korzeniowski were talking and most of the hour it was questions from the audience that were answered. Very nice. There were lots of laughs as well and some good questions and answers too. What I really love about Hans Zimmer is that whatever the question is, his answer is about passion for music, love for music and appreciation of the people he works with and people whose work he admires and so on. It is obvious that he loves what he does and he does not try to make things more complicated or more impressive. Very down to earth and honest. And very much with love for his work. He is a wonderful man.

Abel was kind of new and less experineced with these kind of things I guess, but he did well and I liked his answers. And he said he was lloking forward to hear his music performed live by the orchestra, that was special to him and I'm glad he had that experience because it was a wonderful performance that evening. I'd like to thank Bregt and the people from Streaming Soundtracks to make it possible for me to attend this press conference. It was really great. It was my first actually and well, Hans Zimmer was there so that means a lot to me. Really!

When the press conference was over the composers walked out the room and then everyone else. We waited a bit but when we walked out we saw they were still there in the entrance hall, signing covers and doing interviews and things like that. Of course, where the crowd was, there was Mr Zimmer somewhere so I tried to go there but there were so many people around him! And then suddenly he had to leave, so that was that. I did not meet him personally. He did come back and Jordi caught him haha, but Hans really had to leave and he was taken away by someone of the Filmfestival I think and with his body guards... I was thinking, what if we had left the room earlier like most people did, but what if is just what if. No use thinking like that and I really enjoyed the press conference. I did meet Abel personally, although I must admit I had YouTube'd his score to A Single Man only the day before, to get an idea... In other words, I didn't know any of his music. Yet.

The concert was great. The location was not as bad as I expected from the outside. A concrete building made me wonder how any music could sound nice in there, but inside it was good. It looked great, it was warm, the light was nice and the sound was good! I'll skip some stuff and write the most important parts for me.

When Abel's Korceniowski's music started.... wow, it was beautiful. That score to A Single Man is great and this performance was very emotional to me. I thought, whatvere happens next in this concert, no one can take this away from me anymore! It made the concert to a success for me already, no matter what had yet to come. After the intermission there was Goldenthal's music. His music didn't do much to me before, so I gave it another try, but still, it doesn't do anything to me. Then Howard Shore's music came and of course the highlight was Mount Doom. The first part of Mount Doom gave me goosebumps everywhere and tears in my eyes!! I've never been a fan of later part, the cheesy theme, when the ring is destroyed, but the first part: awesome!!!!! With choir and a wonderful soprano soloist.

[I have to go now, so I'll do my report of Zimmer's part of the concert later on]
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011
    francis wrote
    Had a great time yesterday! Here are some pics from the press conference & concert:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 70a0237e91

Great pics, who's the other guy with the hipster glasses? smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.