• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011
    Try to include us anyway in the meet & greet. That would be great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm not going back untill Monday, so I need something to do on Sunday!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Of course as always I'm late with booking and everything...

Most hotels and nice B&B's want two nights at least!

So, we'll probably end up in the ugly Ibis Opera, which is cheap and near the city centre (I've seen it back then, it looks bad). But they do one night, so that's good. No breakfast so I think we'll go find a nice place in the old city centre to have breakfast on sunday.

I was thinking of two nights for a little while, so that we don't have to get up so early on saturday... I'll discuss it tonight. It means the kids have to stay at their grandma for two nights as well...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Remembering my childhood, I'm sure they don't mind staying another night with gramma! smile
    Take the two nights, why not?
    Worst-case scenario: you simply won't use your second night. So you lose a few Euros.
    I'd say it's worth it seeing the whole gang!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bob and a friend are in Ibis Opera as well.

Two nights in Ghent, what a great idea. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm more worried about grandma! She's not the most energetic and healthy anymore.
    However the kids are so old they can take care of her instead!

I'm thinking again of the advantage of going on friday. No parking stress on saturday morning in the city centre and if we would go on saturday we would have to get up really early: drop the kids of first, drive to Gent and then be there at 11:00...

Or... we drop the kids of on friday, sleep at home and then leave early on saturday morning, that will save some time as well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011 edited
    Bregje, you can park your car for free (at least, that was last time like that) at Flanders Expo, and then easily take the tram to that hotel, or the city centre. Line 1 is the one to get and it goes straight from the parking lot to the centre. smile

http://www.parkeerbedrijf.gent.be/nl/pa … sExpo.html
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    Bob and a friend are in Ibis Opera as well.

Two nights in Ghent, what a great idea. smile

Nice!

We'll decide tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    I'm more worried about grandma! She's not the most energetic and healthy anymore.
    However the kids are so old they can take care of her instead!

smile
    Sounds like a perfect set-up for everyone involved!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    Bregje, you can park your car for free (at least, that was last time like that) at Flanders Expo, and then easily take the tram to that hotel, or the city centre. Line 1 is the one to get and it goes straight from the parking lot to the centre. smile

http://www.parkeerbedrijf.gent.be/nl/pa … sExpo.html

Thanks! Will take a look into that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Or come by train from Tilburg? No parking issues and Gent is easily navigable.

Jordi, Marcel, Thomas and I are in and around Ghent on Friday, and will welcome all people arriving (Thor, Bob and a friend, Stefan and others). In the evening, we go out and have fun in some bars in Ghent.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Is the Ibis close to Cathedral, where I'm staying?

I'll be arriving at about 18:30 on Friday (same as last year), and if anyone with a car could pick me up and drive me to the Kinemapolis where I can pick up my press card before they close at 19:30, that would be awesome. If not, I'll take a cab. Then I need to unload my luggage at the hotel and then I'm ready for a few bars (although with no alcohol for me! sad). If we learned ANYTHING from our London get-together, it's the importance of unloading your luggage BEFORE you hit the town! smile

PS. Would it be better to take the train to Dampoort if I'm staying at Cathedral? It's closer, right?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote

I'll be arriving at about 18:30 on Friday (same as last year), and if anyone with a car could pick me up and drive me to the Kinemapolis where I can pick up my press card before they close at 19:30, that would be awesome. If not, I'll take a cab. Then I need to unload my luggage at the hotel and then I'm ready for a few bars (although with no alcohol for me! sad). If we learned ANYTHING from our London get-together, it's the importance of unloading your luggage BEFORE you hit the town! smile

PS. Would it be better to take the train to Dampoort if I'm staying at Cathedral? It's closer, right?

Hey Thor, Dampoort is indeed closer if you want to go to the hotel.

Perhaps I can come pick you up at the station, then I prefer St Pieters (which I know a whole lot better) wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It would be great if I could meet you outside the station, like last year! Just let me know. St. Pieters is no problem (and closer to the Kinepolis, now that I think about it). Otherwise, I'll take a cab or tram. Perhaps we should take the details pr. PM.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    It would be great if I could meet you outside the station, like last year! Just let me know. St. Pieters is no problem (and closer to the Kinepolis, now that I think about it). Otherwise, I'll take a cab or tram. Perhaps we should take the details pr. PM.

I"ll contact you soon as to how and where we are gonna meet that particular Friday.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Have a great time guys, I (we) expect pics.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote

we"ll photograph the amount and type of beers we'll drink that weekend. I'm gonna show Marcel and Jordi why Belgium is the walhalla of the beers wink

Thor already knows that smile , and now he has to pay the price sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

we"ll photograph the amount and type of beers we'll drink that weekend. I'm gonna show Marcel and Jordi why Belgium is the walhalla of the beers wink

I wish I could be there, I could drink for Thor. sad beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011
    Thor wrote

Well, there are two Ibis hotels. Next to St.Baafs Cathedral is one, and Ibis Opera is near the shopping area. So you will stay at St Baafs Ibis and Bob will stay at Opera Ibis...

I haven't decided yet, because with two nights there are more possibilities. I thought the location of Ibis Opera would be nice because it's exactly in the middle of the Marriot area and the Citadel Park. But I guess it's all just close enough to walk? A hotel in the historical centre is much nicer of course... There's a nice B&B at Hoogpoort too.

Where is everyone else staying?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Thor wrote

Well, there are two Ibis hotels. Next to St.Baafs Cathedral is one, and Ibis Opera is near the shopping area. So you will stay at St Baafs Ibis and Bob will stay at Opera Ibis...

I haven't decided yet, because with two nights there are more possibilities. I thought the location of Ibis Opera would be nice because it's exactly in the middle of the Marriot area and the Citadel Park. But I guess it's all just close enough to walk? A hotel in the historical centre is much nicer of course... There's a nice B&B at Hoogpoort too.

Where is everyone else staying?

Thanks for the info. I'm actually not staying at an Ibis, but at an actual hotel called Hotel Cathedral, about 1 km west of Daamport.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    OK, St. Baafs it is. Two nights. Yoohoo!! cheesy
    Seeing all these photos of the city again makes me look forward to it very much!!
    I really love Ghent. Beautiful city.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thor wrote
    Thanks for the info. I'm actually not staying at an Ibis, but at an actual hotel called Hotel Cathedral, about 1 km west of Daamport.

Oh, I see where that is on the map. It's close as well. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    OK, St. Baafs it is. Two nights. Yoohoo!! cheesy
    Seeing all these photos of the city again makes me look forward to it very much!!
    I really love Ghent. Beautiful city.

I wanted to hit the "like" buton.
    I'm on Facebook too much. shame
  4. Bregje wrote
    Thor wrote

Oh, I see where that is on the map. It's close as well. smile

it's actually close to where I live, and I live close to het Kuipje, so it's all convenient wink
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

I wish I could be there, I could drink for Thor. sad beer

I'm sure you can smile
    You must come to Ghent one time, I could present you a couple of beers that will make you want to immigrate to Belgium immediately smile
  6. I wonder if the music from Scarface is going to be performed by a orchestra or synths.
  7. yonythemoony wrote
    I wonder if the music from Scarface is going to be performed by a orchestra or synths.

Ok, this is only a rumour but before the conductor comes on, Al Pacino will anounce him in his accent from the film: SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND . As for the music I've heard it's going to be performed by machine guns...

Free bulletproof vests will supposedly be handed out before the concert. But only while supply lasts.

tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011 edited
    Oeh. Better not come late then. Did anyone else sign the "the organization of this festival can not be held responsible by any sudden and unexpected deaths during the Giorgio Moroder section" agreement? I thought they were talking about the Take My Breath Away segment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin applause

....and yes Thomas, I really must make it to Ghent, next year?