• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011
    kilar30 wrote
    Will be a conference with the composers this year in the Marriot Hotel the saturday 22nd of october? What time?

11AM.

Will you be there kilar? Shall I add you to the list?
    Kazoo
  1. I will be present as well. But I will be there as respresentative of StreamingSoundTracks. So see you at the Meet and Greet and dinner
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's cool with the Dutchbat thingie! I'm there.

I still haven't heard back from the press office regarding the possibility of personal interview in relation to my magazine, nor when the more general conference is supposed to be held (I don't arrive untill 18-ish on Friday).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011 edited
    So people from both maintitles and SST, two of my favorite places, will be there? wow.
    (Hi Dutchbat! wave )

I have no :money: to go there though slant

(is there a :money: icon?)

(no)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Hi,

I´ll be there in the morning too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011 edited
    Who's there on Monday afternoon? I'm looking into a brewery visit, but that's mostly during the week (at least in region Ghent).

There are two options, close to Ghent. Vansteenberge (Augustijn is a great Tripel), but that's only on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. A real family brewery.
    http://vansteenberge.com/en

Or, Delirium. Also an independent, and the producer of the most variety of Belgium beers. If we are with 15 persons, we can perhaps arrange a visit during the weekend. Otherwise, it'll be during the week as well.
    http://www.delirium.be/

I will look if there are other options close to Ghent, but these are the most well known, and have really good beers.
    Kazoo
  2. on monday, count me in

both are fine for me; haven't tasted neither one beer shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Who's there on Monday afternoon? I'm looking into a brewery visit, but that's mostly during the week (at least in region Ghent).

There are two options, close to Ghent. Vansteenberge (Augustijn is a great Tripel), but that's only on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. A real family brewery.

Or, Delirium. Also an independent, and the producer of the most variety of Belgium beers. If we are with 15 persons, we can perhaps arrange a visit during the weekend. Otherwise, it'll be during the week as well.

I will look if there are other options close to Ghent, but these are the most well known, and have really good beers.

I'm in for the brewery visit!

Can you taste the beer during the visit?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011
    Yes, of course! biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Bregt wrote

I'm in for the brewery visit!

Can you taste the beer during the visit?

You'll be lucky to get away with it, I downed as many as possible until security spotted me and then I ran like hell. Make sure you don't get caught Marcel, they have spiked metal cages hanging 50ft up in the ceiling, there was two Scotsmen and a Frenchman writhing in agony above me but they still bravely applauded me when I escaped. They have a fully operational guillotine for repeat offenders.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, of course! biggrin

^
    this is why Bregt is smiling......at the thought of you dangling high above in metal misery.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, of course! biggrin

^
    this is why Bregt is smiling......at the thought of you dangling high above in metal misery.

'metal misery' biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2011
    Someone knows if more composers will be in Ghent this year? (with Goldenthal, Shore, Zimmer and Korzeniowski)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2011
    kilar30 wrote
    Someone knows if more composers will be in Ghent this year? (with Goldenthal, Shore, Zimmer and Korzeniowski)

Moroder will apparently be there too, although I don't think any of his music will be performed??
    I am extremely serious.
  3. kilar30 wrote

always difficult to tell, could be a surprise appearance the same day of a composer (like they did with James Newton Howard)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2011
    Bregt, am I in time to sign up for the Zimmer meet 'n greet? I'll be in Gent with a friend of mine, so can I sign up for both of us?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2011 edited
    What's Zimmer meet'n'greet, and where do I sign up? Or have I already done so and forgotten about it already?

Btw, Bob, Bregt is in Iceland for three weeks so probably won't read your post for a while.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Hi all,

I have a little question. I have a friend who might want to join us the 22nd, but he still needs to buy a ticket and doesn't want to sit alone. Are there still people out there who need to buy a ticket? Or who know people who still need to buy a ticket?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  5. Thor wrote
    What's Zimmer meet'n'greet, and where do I sign up? Or have I already done so and forgotten about it already?

Btw, Bob, Bregt is in Iceland for three weeks so probably won't read your post for a while.

See this post:

Bregt wrote
    Good news! Dutchbat (see above) has talked with the organisation of the festival regarding a fan moment for StreamingSoundtrack. I invited him to to do a good word for MainTitles as well, and he did. So usually, there's a press conference in the morning, on Saturday. This year, this is replaced Meet & Greet on Saturday morning in the Marriot Hotel. Most composers will be present (depending on the situation).

Dutchbat arranged that StreamingSoundtracks and MainTitles can be there. I'll need the names of the MT guys who will be present in the morning (10:30) to join StreamingSoundtracks for this event. In the evening, we will have a dinner at a restaurant (not the same as last year) with both groups. It's close to the venue, so we'll have plenty of time.

Thanks Ad (Dutchbat) for his help here.

Our SST group is growing and growing, this will be our biggest SST gathering so far.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011
    Yeah, I believe I already signed up for that, if memory serves, but if not -- I hereby do! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Bregt wrote
    Good news! Dutchbat (see above) has talked with the organisation of the festival regarding a fan moment for StreamingSoundtrack. I invited him to to do a good word for MainTitles as well, and he did. So usually, there's a press conference in the morning, on Saturday. This year, this is replaced Meet & Greet on Saturday morning in the Marriot Hotel. Most composers will be present (depending on the situation).

Dutchbat arranged that StreamingSoundtracks and MainTitles can be there. I'll need the names of the MT guys who will be present in the morning (10:30) to join StreamingSoundtracks for this event. In the evening, we will have a dinner at a restaurant (not the same as last year) with both groups. It's close to the venue, so we'll have plenty of time.

Thanks Ad (Dutchbat) for his help here.

Just add my name to that... I might have some friends (Tino?) who want to join as well, let me ask them...

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2011
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

I have a little question. I have a friend who might want to join us the 22nd, but he still needs to buy a ticket and doesn't want to sit alone. Are there still people out there who need to buy a ticket? Or who know people who still need to buy a ticket?

Elin

Hi Elin. I have a ticket left (you know for who I bought the ticket, but alas, no hope anymore that person is coming). He can get mine of he wants.

So far, people who want to come to the fan meeting:
    Elin, Bob and friend, Thor, Marcel, Jordi, Thomas (Gilles?), Tino, fommes, Marie-Lise and myself. I think.
    Kazoo
  7. Bregt wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

Elin

Hi Elin. I have a ticket left (you know for who I bought the ticket, but alas, no hope anymore that person is coming). He can get mine of he wants.

Elin, Bob and friend, Thor, Marcel, Jordi, Thomas (Gilles?), Tino, fommes, Marie-Lise and myself. I think.

Gilles' not coming, or he has to change his mind in the next couple of days
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Will be a conference with the composers in the Marriot Hotel, finally? When? I would like to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I will subscribe you kilar, as part of the MainTitles gang. Can you PM me your name and e-mail? Thanks!
    Kazoo
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

Elin

Gilles' not coming, or he has to change his mind in the next couple of days

No, count me out, definitely !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2011
    Hi Bregt,

I´ve sended my name and e-mail for the fan meeting.

Thanks again
  9. kilar30 wrote
    Hi Bregt,

I´ve sended my name and e-mail for the fan meeting.

Thanks again

cool, looking forward to meet you, and the rest of course wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011 edited
    Programme, possible for changes (thanks Dutchbat, SST):

Abel Korzeniowski
    Stillness of the Mind (A Single Man) Abdication (W.E.)

Giorgio Moroder
    What a feeling (Flashdance), Take My Breath Away (Top Gun), Midnigth Express (Midnight Express)

Elliot Goldenthal
    Suite (Titus & Alien) March, Crossroads, Vortex (Titus), Adagio (Alien 3)

Howard Shore
    Concertino (Eastern Promises), Duke of York (Looking for Richard), Mount Doom (Lord of the Rings)

Hans Zimmer
    Piano Theme (Driving Miss Daisy), Suite (Inception)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011
    And these are the nominations for Discovery of the Year:

Alex Heffes – The First Grader, The Rite
    The Chemical Brothers – Hanna
    iZLer – Hamill, Natural Selection
    Henry Jackman – Gulliver’s Travels, X-Men: First Class
    Christopher Paul Leonard-Morgan - Limitless
    Kazoo