• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Nice article. Have not watch the videos yet. (And no my norwegian is not that good so I used google tranlate)
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011 edited
    Listening to the Youtube clip of the Inception concert again. Brings a smile to the face. What a mindblowing live performance. cheesy punk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCjeHwYYhLo
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011
    I was wondering after the break why there were 7 trombones in the orchestra. Then I knew why. I think it is that recording was from a guy sitting in front of us.

Oh and hi btw. ;-)
  2. Caliburn wrote
    Oh and hi btw. ;-)

[off-topic]
    Hello cal welcome to MainTitles
    [/off-topic]
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011
    Part 2 of the coverage, the concert and award ceremony:

http://montages.no/2011/10/gjeve-kompon … og-zimmer/
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2011
    Someone was the thrusday in the presentation of the CD "For the record" dedicated to Yared? I thought it was the friday. The CD is very good. Dirk Brosse is a wonderful conductor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2011 edited
    So, finally some time to write about the previous weekend!

Jordi arrived in Belgium on Wednesday last week, and apparently walked the whole of Brussels before heading off to Elin's house, where I arrived a couple of hours later. They prepared a great dinner (scampi with a spicy sauce and vegetable mix) followed by chatting and some sleep.

I took a few days off to take Marcel and Jordi to some places in Belgium (Marcel had to cancel last minute and could only join the weekend unfortunately), and the first stop was Antwerp. Elin gave us a tour, both in the city and at her work, which was quite impressive. She predicts river tides and floods, and part of her job is also some cool labo stuff. wink

In the evening, we went to Ghent where Thomas would join us for dinner and Jordi's first taste of Belgian beers. That became funny quickly. Friday was a bit odd with some logistic problems (Thomas was called to work at 5 in the morning, just a few hours after we went to bed!), so Jordi had to guard the apartment while I needed to go home for some bank administration (because banks are only open for their clients when their clients have to work). Anyhow, then Jordi and I visited Ghent where we ended up in a pie shop/bar. Enough for Jordi to eat his heart out with cakes and pie and hot chocolates. Lovely girls too.

Logistic nightmare part 2 came when Thor arrived and we had to find him at the train station (but he took the wrong train so we had to wait for another half an hour after crossing quite a bit of traffic). Right after that, he had to carry his luggage through half of Ghent (because I wanted cheap parking). Luckily soon after that, he had his first beer and off we go for a night of meetings (with their own logistic problems again obviously). In the end, we were joined with Bob, Jeroen and Marcel for a really cool night in de Troll Basement. A name that fits forum regulars quite well. wink

The press conference on Saturday was really interesting, with a good bunch of questions from the public. Comforting to see Hans' colourful socks the whole time. Here we also met up with Bregje and her husband, fommes, Francis, Marie-Lise, Daniel (kilar30) and many others! In the afternoon, some of us went shopping and took home several kilos of Belgian chocolate in all its varieties (Marcel, it was YOU!).

Some other financial problems struck at the restaurant, but after that it couldn't get wrong. Abel, Goldenthal, Shore and Zimmer presented their homage to their agent Ronni Chasen, who was murdered last year. Their speeches were often emotional, especially Goldenthal's was really nice in which he talked about her and a little love.

A Single Man, W.E., Titus and Return of the King were impressive but the absolute highlight was Inception. When Dream is Collapsing started, I feared the whole roof might do the same. Hearing all this live was spectacular: Zimmer on piano, the 'machines' and synthesizer's and the whole orchestra with Dirk Brossé wearing headphones while conducting: it was rather surreal. After the concert, we went for the free festival closing party with great sixties and seventies music, while others had a drink downstairs the Vooruit.

On Sunday, some with a headache, we visited a small brewery in the Flemish countryside. The fine weather (18 degrees) made it a very enjoyable afternoon, when we also did a little walk and visited the Castle of Ooidonk. Evening dinner with some people from Úbeda at a spare rib restaurant before a last beer in the Waterhouse at the Beerside.

On Monday, most had to leave early, except for Jordi, who I took to the region of Ypres and to the World War 8 sites and cemeteries that I think are really worth visiting. The Last Post ended the day there, after which we ate some pancakes at my home.

I had to say goodbye to Jordi early on Tuesday because I had to work. What happened afterwards, that I don't know.

Great weekend, with many faces and good memories. We'll all remember the laughs of Jordi after a few beers, the Zimmer photo moment with Jordi, Bregje getting really enthusiast during the Inception concert, Elin's workplace, ... Jordi and Marcel also had a gift for me: Balada Triste de Trompeta from Roque Baños.

I posted the pictures of our tour on Facebook: here's a non-Facebook url:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 3049f44073

Thanks all of MainTitles for joining. punk cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2011
    Like. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What Bregt said.

It's a testament to the good time I had that I completely disregarded my doctor's advice and had quite a few beers during the weekend (although not as many as if I had been 100%, obviously), as well as fatty food (like two big spareribs). Also, since we had to start the drinking AFTER the concert, it became quite late before tipsiness kicked in. We kept it going to about 4 or 5 o'clock on Saturday night. At least for me, Bregt, Marcel and Jordi. I love the fact that there are still places to go in Ghent after other places close around 3.

Of course, I still got a cold when I came home, as I already had one brewing before I left...the ear infection and all that. But at least the weather was much better than last year, so no pneumonia this time! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Man I see those photos and am so envy !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    wow, great report Bregt!

Certainly another great experience with the MainTitles gang (and the rest of the very nice people I met there). I'll certainly come back next year, no matter who the guests of the WSA are....and fortunately it will be more than a weekend. I loved what I saw (and felt) in Gent (and its countryside) in only a couple of days.....and no, I'm not talking of the beer(s)...well, not ONLY wink

Seriously, what a blast to see you guys again, and meeting new buddies: Thor is the man, so good to have met him. Hopefully, we will meet again sooner than later (I can't wait to see you at 100%). Thomas, Bregt, Elin, Bregje (and husband), Bob (I won't forget the tips of your New York trip!) and many others made for a pleasant and unforgettable trip.

Special thanks to Thomas for letting Jordi and me stay at his place, where we shared loads of laughs. Actually, we shared laughs everywhere (even during Bregt's hike wink ...which was great, by the way).

Extra special thanks to Bregt, who took care of the 'logistics' of our trip, arranging and organising all kind of events.

See you all very soon guys beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Excellent report guys, good pics too! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am still waiting for that Zimmer jordi report wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2011
    Twas an immaculate inception.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. To all the people who joined us, and to all the people I joined, it was another amazing experience. And I can't wait for next year. Marcel, Jordi & Bregt, it was no problem letting you guys stay the weekend. glad to help on that little part.

I'm glad everyone made it back safe and sound (even though some have to pay the price now with colds and coughs). Still, I'm sure other moments will arive before the festival next year to see some of you again, so until that day.

Maintitles members ROCK beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Urrrrghhhhhhhhh....
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Urrrrghhhhhhhhh....

Don't blame me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, I think that one quite rightfully is chalked up as an act of God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
    Nice to read what you have been doing on the other days, Bregt. And thanks for glueing the activities together and take care of organisation to get everyone together!

I sent my photos to you on a CD-R. Through old-fashioned mail. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    OK, last place I paste in this link, promise....here's my interview with Goldenthal:

http://montages.no/2011/11/filmfrelst-7 … oldenthal/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011
    Thor wrote

Also, I'm thinking about going to the Hollywood Bowl in LA next year, to see Williams live. After all, he's 80 in February and we don't know who much longer he will keep doing concerts. And he will never come back to Europe, so I have to go over there. This will obviously be an expensive trip, and it's not certain I will be able to make it.

Hi Thor,
    The JWC at the Hollywood Bowl is a great concert and atmosphere (bring your lightsabre smile ) It's also a great meeting with other SST-members on the westcoast. So keep an eye on the worldtour forum on SST to get info about this gathering.
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Dutchbat wrote
    Thor wrote

Also, I'm thinking about going to the Hollywood Bowl in LA next year, to see Williams live. After all, he's 80 in February and we don't know who much longer he will keep doing concerts. And he will never come back to Europe, so I have to go over there. This will obviously be an expensive trip, and it's not certain I will be able to make it.

Hi Thor,
    The JWC at the Hollywood Bowl is a great concert and atmosphere (bring your lightsabre smile ) It's also a great meeting with other SST-members on the westcoast. So keep an eye on the worldtour forum on SST to get info about this gathering.

Thanks for the tip! I'm really impressed by how organized you are in terms of realizing these things in real life, with members all over the world. Even more so than FSM and maintitles, it seems.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    Thor, first 'Girlfriend' and me are coming to Norway!!

I am going to meet some SST-heavyweights, guys who supported SST from the early years. One is in Bergen the other one I'll meet in Oslo.
    Our trip will start Dec.26, arriving in Stavanger. Then Bergen(2days)-Geilo(2days)-Lillehammer( New Year)and then Oslo (2 days)
    If you see a chance to meet up with us somewhere please let me know.

Dutchbat
    and thanks for the compliment.
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Dutchbat wrote
    Thor, first 'Girlfriend' and me are coming to Norway!!

I am going to meet some SST-heavyweights, guys who supported SST from the early years. One is in Bergen the other one I'll meet in Oslo.
    Our trip will start Dec.26, arriving in Stavanger. Then Bergen(2days)-Geilo(2days)-Lillehammer( New Year)and then Oslo (2 days)
    If you see a chance to meet up with us somewhere please let me know.

Dutchbat
    and thanks for the compliment.

I'll be in my hometown in the South (Grimstad) during the holidays, but I'm back in Oslo by New Year's, so let's see if we can work something out. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011
    While still enjoying the afterglow of the Ghent weekend, I'd like to add a couple of things that I left out in my report:

I thought Moroder's speech was really entertaining, I enjoyed that a lot! cheesy

I thought the presentation of the awards and concert was excellent. I don't know who that guy was (the program says presenter Thomas Vanderveken?), perhaps some of you know who he is. His English was good and especially his pronounciation, which can be a horrible thing with Dutch or Flemish people... He switched from Dutch to English very smoothly all the time and the presentation just stood out for me. I remember thinking 'wow, that guy is doing well' . If I remember well from the 'Bijloke' years, it wasn't so smooth and they also kept translating everything, telling everything both in Dutch and English and sometimes even French. The way this guy did it, just switching in a way everyone could understand everything, was really well done.

I thought I had seen a photo of David Arnold. Was he there too again? I remember him saying years ago he loved Ghent and the WSA concert.

Perhaps next year they can ask Patrick Doyle again. He was great years ago too. I'm curious what next year will be like. We'll see!
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011 edited
    Hey Marselus, Jordi, Bregt and Thomas!

Is it OK if I put out a video of us discussing the concert around the breakfast table in Ghent? I thought it would be fun.

I'm not putting it out on youtube or anything....just my own private domain, and it can only be accessed from people seeing the link here on the board.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    Guys?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and say YES! I want to see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Guys?

I'd just put a deadline against it.
    "No response within 48 hours wil be considered a confirmation."
    I tend to get loads of results at work with that. biggrin

Less friends, though... slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Guys?

I'd just put a deadline against it.
    "No response within 48 hours wil be considered a confirmation."
    I tend to get loads of results at work with that. biggrin

Less friends, though... slant

Tim approves of this post. biggrin