• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote
    But I see the problem with not getting back on the return flight. Do you land too late for the busses or trains to your hometown (or where you can have your car parked for free)?

Yes, that's the problem. It'll be 11PM in Charlerloi airport. I've no idea where I could park my car for free without taking a bus then.

The shuttle bus for Brussels goes untill midnight, but then you'd obviously need to find a place to park in Brussels (for free) or spend the night with someone you know there. There's also the train, but I'm not sure about where you live, so I don't know if it goes there.

But yeah....you've probably done all this research yourself already. It's a hassle.

I'll be landing at 11:20 PM myself, and the airport is more than an hour away from Oslo. There's a corresponding bus that leaves at midnight, but when I arrive in Oslo at 1AM, there will be no more trams. So I'll have to walk at least 30-40 minutes with all the luggage (taxi is too expensive!). So it's a bit of a hassle for me too, but a bit easier than you.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2012
    I will be going via Ryanair, cheapest option for me (I also don't like that long drive). I signed up with SST to join their group and activities. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2012 edited
    I'm not comfortable being associated with BIG groups while I'm travelling (FREEEEEDOM!), but I also aim to mingle a bit with the SST crowd....I just need to get a reply from the press lady person before I book, so I have that in order. Haven't heard from her in a week, despite two e-mails.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012
    Pawel, last time I was in Poland (Warzawa, 2009), they used Zloty. Has that changed? Can you also use Euro?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Zloty only. We're not going Euro for many years to come, I think.

What will be the way of contacting you in Krakow? We have to meet up somehow.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Zloty only. We're not going Euro for many years to come, I think.

What will be the way of contacting you in Krakow? We have to meet up somehow.

We'll find a way. Right now, the most pressing matter is getting Aleksandra to return my mails. I've sent two over the last week, but she has not responded.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    By the way, airplane tickets have been ordered. Stupidly, I waited a few extra days, which meant that I had to pay 100 NOK more (dammit!), but there were so few tickets left that I had to order now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012 edited
    And hotel booked too. Hotel Alexander.

If I still don't hear from the press guys, maybe you can help me out, Pawel (since you said you know them).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Another film music festival for you! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Another film music festival for you! punk

Yeah!

And Krakow too....one of the cities I've long wanted to see!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    And hotel booked too. Hotel Alexander.

If I still don't hear from the press guys, maybe you can help me out, Pawel (since you said you know them).

I'll talk to my contacts pretty much today, yes.
  3. francis wrote
    I will be going via Ryanair, cheapest option for me (I also don't like that long drive). I signed up with SST to join their group and activities. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces smile

Great. Looking forward to meet you.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
  4. Due to some cancellations, we have some Karnets A left (row 7th and 8th, Price is 150 PLN)
    Also we have 2 single Goldenthal concert tickets (70 PLN).

If you still need tickets and you want to sit with the SST members, let me know through PM or a post here. I will contact our polish member who ordered all the tickets.

I also posted this message on our SST facebook page with a note that we will process the messages in order of receiving.
  5. There are still tickets available.
  6. Any of the MT members who are not a member on SST wants to meet the SST group during the Festival?
    You always can visit us at the Stand before and after the concerts of course in the 'lobby' of the venue.

I will drive to Krakow and before that I will visit Wiesbaden, Prague and Žilina. My trip starts next Thursday May 17th.

And yes still tickets available (see previous posts for details)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012
    Have a nice trip Stefan!
    Kazoo
  7. tnx
  8. Just saw this very nice list of special guests this year in Cracau

Also some interesting Festival Academies
  9. Some extra information for our members who do not speak polish, I received a message from the organizer that all Festival Academies are open for everyone who are interested and they will be translated into english, if needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    Nice to see Kaczmarek there too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Just wanted to let everyone know smile

http://filmmusiccritics.org/2012/05/ifm … -festival/

Jon

Cool! Will you be talking about fans who dislike Completely & Chronological presentations, in particular? wink
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Jon Broxton wrote
    Just wanted to let everyone know smile

http://filmmusiccritics.org/2012/05/ifm … -festival/

Jon

Well I did say a very nice list of special guests in my previous post wink
  11. Thor wroteCool! Will you be talking about fans who dislike Completely & Chronological presentations, in particular? wink

Well, if you come to our session, you can ask Robert Townson that very question yourself! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Thor wroteCool! Will you be talking about fans who dislike Completely & Chronological presentations, in particular? wink

Well, if you come to our session, you can ask Robert Townson that very question yourself! smile

He, he...I actually had a chat with Townson a couple of years ago (in Ghent), but we didn't talk about that, in particular.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. I'm really looking forward to meeting you there, Thor (and everyone else who's going of course). Our session is immediately before Elliot Goldenthal's session about his Alien score, so hopefully we can have a chat between them, as I'll definitely be staying around for his talk too. We can make some plans for your LA trip too - I've been following your posts on FSM and here about your adventure! smile
  13. Jon, I'll also be there and I intend to attend every possible meeting.
  14. Here a picture of me at one of the Academie in 2010. A discusion about filmmusic on the internet (streaming or downloading) Left of me in the picture you see Robert Townson, who did not really saw the potential in it. I tried to tell him that it can be a big influence, like me before I discovered the SST station I had only 5 soundtracks on CD and on that moment I bought over 600 (now over 800) CDs mostly because I heard them on SST.

Discussion Panel durin Krakow Film Music Festival 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012 edited
    Typical!

Krakow has been so summery for so long, and this happens EXACTLY as I arrive next week:

http://www.yr.no/place/Poland/Lesser_Po … /long.html

Damn it, it's Rome all over again! It's like my holidays are cursed with constant rain this year, wherever I go.

crazy

Wouldn't be surprised if it clears up immediately after my departure as well, which happened in Rome.
    I am extremely serious.
  15. No worries Thor, I will be in Krakow, normally I will take the sun with me