• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012
    At the WSA of course! cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    In my hotel room. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I suggest you all bring a rain coat! It will be warmer then next year though. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    I suggest you all bring a rain coat!

freezing
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Still in for West-Vleteren and Ypres on Thursday Marcel? I'll have a look then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Still in for West-Vleteren and Ypres on Thursday Marcel? I'll have a look then.

Sure! smile

BTW, Alex might join us on saturday.
  1. Bregt wrote
    I suggest you all bring a rain coat! It will be warmer then next year though. biggrin

it will indeed be warmer
    ah West Vleteren for thursday? Looks (sorry tastes) good beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012 edited
    I have a bit of a predicament. Like last year, I have problems acquiring a dictaphone for my interview with JNH. The one that my staff editor has is broken and the other is being used for other purposes this weekend.

So...what I wanted to ask is this:

In case I don't work something out in time, does anyone have an iPhone with a recording app I can borrow for my interview???

This is VERY important.

Thanks.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorLWhitehead
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Does anyone have an iPhone with a recording app I can borrow for my interview???

I have an iPhone that you'd be welcome to use. I could also bring a field-recording device which would capture better sound quality, if you prefer. I won't be arriving in Ghent until 13:30(ish) on the Saturday though, so I don't know if that would fit in with your arrangements for the interview...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LWhitehead wrote
    Thor wrote
    Does anyone have an iPhone with a recording app I can borrow for my interview???

I have an iPhone that you'd be welcome to use. I could also bring a field-recording device which would capture better sound quality, if you prefer. I won't be arriving in Ghent until 13:30(ish) on the Saturday though, so I don't know if that would fit in with your arrangements for the interview...

Thank you, Lawrence, but that may be too late. In all likelihood, I'll get to interview him right after the press conference in the morning (if at all). That's what I did with Goldenthal last year, anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorLWhitehead
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012 edited

Thank you, Lawrence, but that may be too late. In all likelihood, I'll get to interview him right after the press conference in the morning (if at all). That's what I did with Goldenthal last year, anyway.

Not to worry. I'll bring the field recorded with me just in case.

I wish I had know about all the Saturday morning events prior to booking my trip!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You can use my phone Thor, but remember to test it before. Never used that function on this one.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great, thanks for coming to the rescue, Bregt. If you have the app, it should be fine.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2012
    I have an iPhone too. If you need it right after the press conference, then you're welcome to use mine too. If you need it later on or in the evening, then I need the phone myself.

Thinking about it, I believe we have a voice recorder too...
    I used it once in my class. I was wearing it with a chord around my neck and I used it to listen to my voice and instructions later on, to evaluate my teaching.

I'll bring that one too, if I can find it. It's easy because you can just wear it or put it in a pocket on your shirt or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    The weather will be weird... 20 C! And even a bit of sun.
    It's sort of an unwritten rule that the WSA weekend is sunny.
    The weekends I've been there always had clear blue skies! So that's what it will be.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

Yeah, but often cold and windy! But it's great for pictures. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    The weather will be weird... 20 C! And even a bit of sun.
    It's sort of an unwritten rule that the WSA weekend is sunny.
    The weekends I've been there always had clear blue skies! So that's what it will be.
    wink

Well, back in 2010, it was windy, rainy and chilly -- which eventually gave me pneumonia and chest issues for more than a year! If I learned anything from that, it was to bring TWO sets of shoes, even though I have to be very strict with luggage (I only have carry-on luggage).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. well, the weather (up to Monday) promises almost every day 20 degrees, with the weekend being rather sunny, only tomorrow temp would go up to 18 degrees with chances of rain

meaning it looks pretty good cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Who's there on Sunday? I only think Thor is having a full day?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Who's there on Sunday? I only think Thor is having a full day?

Isn't Marselus? We long-distance travellers should stick together!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2012 edited
    I was just checking this Belgian Weather forecast. Bring it on! wink

I'm not staying on sunday sadly, going to the PTC snooker tournament in Antwerp. I take it you guys are visiting breweries again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    francis wrote
    I was just checking this Belgian Weather forecast. Bring it on! wink

I'm not staying on sunday sadly, going to the PTC snooker tournament in Antwerp. I take it you guys are visiting breweries again?

I don't know what will happen if it's only Bregt and I. Worst case scenario, I have to find something to do on my own.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thomas and I'll be there on Sunday. I've ideas which we'll talk about with a beer. Not sure about Marcel on Sunday. Christian, LSH and other all leave on Sunday. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I wonder at times, for foreigners who leave on Sunday....isn't it cheaper to take monday off from work than to pay expensive Sunday return tickets with the airplane?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    What composers will be in the Meet & Greet Saturday morning?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    well, the weather (up to Monday) promises almost every day 20 degrees, with the weekend being rather sunny, only tomorrow temp would go up to 18 degrees with chances of rain

Wow, this might change my luggage plans completely. Me like.

Off to bed now. I have to get up insanely early to get on the plane at 7AM.... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012
    I'll be arriving in Ghent later on this evening. Looking forward to meeting some of you - I wish you all a safe journey.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012 edited
    I'd say: see you tonight!

Oh, and for those who've met me already:
    Don't forget your kazoos!
    Kazoo
  3. LSH wrote
    I'll be arriving in Ghent later on this evening. Looking forward to meeting some of you - I wish you all a safe journey.

cool

yeah, join us already this evening, tonight it will be the first (of many) beer tasting evenings beer
    have a safe trip as well, and of course anybody who will be joining us this weekend
  4. I have nothing planned yet on sunday. After checking out of the hotel I could stay a bit longer, but have to be home in the evening. Monday another working day for me smile
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)