• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008 edited
    Here are mine (alphabetically)

Atonement -- Dario Marianelli
    Bioshock -- Garry Schyman
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Video Game) -- James Hannigan
    Mass Effect -- Jack Wall and Sam Hulick
    Medal of Honor Airborne -- Michael Giacchino
    Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium -- Alexandre Desplat and Aaron Zigman
    At World's End -- Hans Zimmer
    Ratatouille -- Michael Giacchino
    The Story of the King's Four Gods -- Joe Hisaishi
    The Water Horse -- James Newton Howard

And my favorite songs!

Le Festin from Ratatouille As much as I like the score, I probably listened to this song more than anything else.
    Happy Working Song from Enchanted
    Still Alive from Portal
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008
    My favourites (not ordered):

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Hans Zimmer
    Ratatouille - Michal Giacchino
    Rescue Dawn - Klaus Badelt
    Bee Movie - Rupert Gregson-Williams
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    David wrote

Le Festin from Ratatouille As much as I like the score, I probably listened to this song more than i]

Did you watch Ratatouille???

A masterpiece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    David wrote

Le Festin from Ratatouille As much as I like the score, I probably listened to this song more than i]

A masterpiece.

Naaaaah!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    David wrote

A masterpiece.

Naaaaah!

-Erik-

In my Humble opinion it is.

I watched the incredibles yesterday and I still think the same about the first movie of this guy. Boring and pretensious. The Oposite thing to Ratatouille.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    It's my favorite of Pixar's films for sure. It has the absolute perfect balance of humor and heart. I also have a big love for the culinary arts though, so my opinion might be a bit biased.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Brilliant film. Erik doesn't know what he's talking about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    ALMOST a masterpiece. A bit of editing here and there would have been perfect. But overall a great film, and I´m not very fond on animation. And the score, well, what can I say, PERFECT within the movie (I found brilliant the homage / joke to one of the themes of Medal of Honor) and a great listening experience.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Naaaaah. Ratatouille is a typical Dsiney formula movie... which the earlier Pixar films weren't.

The Incredibles and Toy Story 2 are masterpieces.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    (I found brilliant the homage / joke to one of the themes of Medal of Honor)

He did that in the masterpiece The Incredibles as well.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    David wrote

A masterpiece.

Naaaaah!

-Erik-

In my Humble opinion it is.

I watched the incredibles yesterday and I still think the same about the first movie of this guy. Boring and pretensious. The Oposite thing to Ratatouille.

How is The Incredibles "pretentious?"

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Naaaaah. Ratatouille is a typical Dsiney formula movie... which the earlier Pixar films weren't.

The Incredibles and Toy Story 2 are masterpieces.

-Erik-

The Incredibles is a masterpiece. Ratatouille is almost a masterpiece, VERY close. Toy Story 2... naaahh! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Toy Story 2... naaahh! tongue biggrin

tongue wink

-Erik-
  1. Toy Story 2?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

-Erik-

I have not watched "The Incredibles", but the moment I mean in "Ratatouille" is when Collette is introducing the staff to Linguini and she talks about one of the members saying that "he was in the "resistence" "(then we see this character and it sounds the theme I mean from MOH). I dunno if I make myself clear, but that´s the moment I mean. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Toy Story 2?

Hell yes. A perfect sequel and far more entertaining and emotional than the first. And the first is pretty f__king amazing to begin with!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

How is The Incredibles "pretentious?"

-Erik-

Something tells me he's not quite sure what that word means.
  2. Toy Story 2?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

-Erik-

I have not watched "The Incredibles", but the moment I mean in "Ratatouille" is when Collette is introducing the staff to Linguini and she talks about one of the members saying that "he was in the "resistence" "(then we see this character and it sounds the theme I mean from MOH). I dunno if I make myself clear, but that´s the moment I mean. dizzy

I know about that cameo. I was just pointing out that he did something similar in The Incredibles with his V2 theme from the first MOH and Frontline. When you see the gigantic rocket on the island Michael plays the V2 theme on the... piccolo or flute. Not sure which one but it is indeed in the movie.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes Michael. I agree. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Toy Story 2?

Hell yes. A perfect sequel and far more entertaining, better jokes and way more emotional than the first. And the first is pretty f__king amazing to begin with!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    dizzy
    Kazoo
  3. Of course, as far as Pixar is concerned, the real question is:

Toy Story 3?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Of course, as far as Pixar is concerned, the real question is:

Toy Story 3?

I'd would absolutely LOVE that!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Me is sad that nobody else has Partition or The Last Sin Eater in their lists sad
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Scribe wrote
    Me is sad that nobody else has Partition or The Last Sin Eater in their lists sad

I have Partition in mine (2- Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem - Partition (Brian Tyler)). wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I can't remember which films I saw this year and which I saw last year....and I've not seen that many films in either year! I must me losing my memory.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Sorry Matt! Partition didn't do much for me. Which is not surprising, of course.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote

The Last Sin Eater is in my Top 15. Partition is waaaaaaaay down the list!

-Erik-