• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013 edited
    Steven wrote
    Certainly not on this forum, no.

I think this forum may have the record in terms of how many have met Hans Zimmer. Make of that as you wish.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. A World Apart (My personal Zimmer favourite.)
    Rain Man
    Driving Miss Daisy
    Green Card
    Backdraft
    Thelma and Luise
    K2
    Millenium
    The House of Spirits

I love the early Hans Zimmer.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013
    Oh good, more lists.
  2. Steven wrote
    Oh good, more lists.

I was under the impression sombody here made a comment about liking early Hans Zimmer scores. I might be mistaken though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    wink You are not. Lists just bore me. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    GLI EQUILIBRISTI by Francesco Cerasi, orchestral, piano, music-box, string-driven, melancholic and beautiful. More like these please!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Happening James Newton Howard

Even after seeing the film, the score almost fools you into believing there is a film worth watching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Even after seeing the film, the score almost fools you into believing there is a film worth watching.

Absolutely gorgeous and beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thanks! But what do you think about the score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    wink

More discoveries through 2012's gems!

Francesco De Luca and Alessandro Forti - HELENA & GLORY
    , for tv. Small scale and chamber musica, sad but melodic music. Harp, guitars of all kinds, piano, string orchestra. Great work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    GUSTAVO SANTAOLALLA - On the road (2012)

Love it, jazzy and surprising!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2013
    Unlike the hideous movie, john debney - a thousand words is quite sweet and enjoyable!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This year, KLAUS BADELT has produced two of the most beautiful, bitter-sweet romantic scores you'll hear (in 2012). Thankfully completely orchestral wink

KLAUS BADELT - Un plan parfait (fly me to the moon) and 30° Couleur - Klaus Badelt. Totally recommended.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

You must be kidding! It's shit!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

You must be kidding! It's shit!!

yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The score is shit?!?

DEAD SOULS, music by Matthew Llewellyn and Jonathan Bartz - orchestral horror scoring at its best! Mega creepy and grand!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    The score is shit?!?

DEAD SOULS, music by Matthew Llewellyn and Jonathan Bartz - orchestral horror scoring at its best! Mega creepy and grand!

The film D, The FILM!!!!

do pay attention old chap rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Demetris wrote
    whut?

Blake Neely - Arrow (2012)

Why do people rave about this, again?

I think the score works well in the show. I didn't know it's available to buy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Even a big M. Night Shyamalan fan like me agrees that The Happening is shit. His worst movie.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Cristian wrote
    Even a big M. Night Shyamalan fan like me agrees that The Happening is shit. His worst movie.

The Happening is a terrible, terrible film. Even Newton Howard's score is one of his weakest for Shyamalan (although that finale cue is a stunner).
  3. lp wrote
    Demetris wrote
    whut?

It is not. This is a promo.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Josh B wrote
    Cristian wrote

The Happening is a terrible, terrible film. Even Newton Howard's score is one of his weakest for Shyamalan (although that finale cue is a stunner).

I agree about the score. JNH weakest score for Shyamalan. The last two cues are stunning though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Josh B wrote
    Cristian wrote

Not worse than Last Airbender wink
  4. Steven wrote
    wink You are not. Lists just bore me. sleep

cheesy OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Josh B wrote
    Cristian wrote

Not worse than Last Airbender wink

One of the few times I'll blow my own trumpet, but I made a pretty decent 40 minute album of that score that fares much better than the official album presentation. It's bloody fantastic.
  5. I continue my exploration of the BBC/Rumon Gamba/Chandos series with CDs dedicated to Clifton Parker, Richard Addinsell and William Alwyn (Vol. 2). I am spending much too much money on this but anyhow ... I can't fathom how this stellar anthology (in the best tradition of Charles Gerhardt) could escape my attention the last decade. No more so. I am happy!

Cheers!
    Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    I continue my exploration of the BBC/Rumon Gamba/Chandos series with CDs dedicated to Clifton Parker, Richard Addinsell and William Alwyn (Vol. 2). I am spending much too much money on this but anyhow ... I can't fathom how this stellar anthology (in the best tradition of Charles Gerhardt) could escape my attention the last decade. No more so. I am happy!

Cheers!
    Volker

:like:
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    I continue my exploration of the BBC/Rumon Gamba/Chandos series with CDs dedicated to Clifton Parker, Richard Addinsell and William Alwyn (Vol. 2). I am spending much too much money on this but anyhow ... I can't fathom how this stellar anthology (in the best tradition of Charles Gerhardt) could escape my attention the last decade. No more so. I am happy!

Cheers!
    Volker

I only have the one with Georges Auric, but I've always wanted to check out the others. Damn procrastination!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    lp wrote
    Demetris wrote
    whut?

It is not. This is a promo.

Ahh. From watching the show, the score seems to be heavily rhythmic and textural, even with the main character's thematic material. It's certainly not a score to listen to on a regular basis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A new release from Kritzerland. Hot Spell from Alex North. It has that edged jazz style recognizable for North fans immediately.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!