• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010
    Sorcerer's Apprentice is being scored by Rabin? Interested to hear what he delivers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, a 4-letter word i am afraid, if he follows the quality of his last 2 years' output.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i remember hearing from everyone that it was utter crap. How this actor continuously chooses to play in such great movies as The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans and simultaneously at the complete opposite, is beyond me.

I seem to remember something about him having money problems and selling his properties ( he even owns one only 10+ miles from me in Bath ), I expect he's just picking up as much work as possible.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, if true, that'd make perfect sense. Very sad though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, a 4-letter word i am afraid, if he follows the quality of his last 2 years' output.

Well, ha has not worked that much the last three years: "Hot Rod" (0), "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" (** 1/2), "Get Smart" (** 1/2), "Race to Witch Mountain" (**1/2), "12 Rounds" (*) and "G-Force" (***1/2). Have faith D, have faith wink

Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i remember hearing from everyone that it was utter crap. How this actor continuously chooses to play in such great movies as The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans and simultaneously at the complete opposite, is beyond me.

I seem to remember something about him having money problems and selling his properties ( he even owns one only 10+ miles from me in Bath ), I expect he's just picking up as much work as possible.

How one of the most popular actors in Hollywood has money issues is beyond my comprehension.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't know either? Bad investments maybe?

Edit : Real estate and tax problems according to wikipedia.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Yeah, it is due to his property investments which didn't pay off. The guy just loved buying properties and the crisis hit him.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A lot of celebrities have money issues due to bad investments, from what i read around.

Marcel, those ratings...you're generous man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

Not with "Hot Rod" tongue And "G-Force" is pretty good!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Christodoulides wrote

First Bates, and now Rabin? angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    Oh, excuse me. rolleyes
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, excuse me. rolleyes

that's better wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

G-Force is quite a fun score. Reminds me a bit of how Debney would have done it, a la Cats & Dogs.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

G-FORCE is his best score since THE GUARDIAN. it has great heroic themes (in good old rabin-style),
    a cool spanish guitar theme and a wonderful "friends"-theme also played by guitar. and the orchestra sounds most of the time like a real one mixed with some synth strings. the drums are CON AIR-style. sadly there is no official release.
  4. I would call G-Force fun, but nothing more
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    SEASON OF THE WITCH

Original Music by

Aaryk Noctivagus
    Atli Örvarsson

Remember Aaryk? He used to post here. smile

trailer

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/inde … fthewitch/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good for Aaryk, I'm pleased for him smile cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Boy, did this get horribly delayed, or what? I thought the score was released digitally months ago?
  5. It did. I've had it for a while.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2010
    I think Atli's scoring this new Roman epic-swords-n-sandals movie?

Trailer
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the-eag … s/11127457
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Good for Aaryk, I'm pleased for him smile cool

Ha!
    That's an interesting turn.
    I think he did once mention he was working on this (or was starting work on it? Something like that? That was a LONG time ago, though, on MainTitles, so at least three years, as we have just celebrated this week).

I'm very pleased to see it all went well for him though, and the film's getting a proper release. beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, very interesting development! Congrats Aaryk, if you're reading this.
  6. Congratulations, Aaryk!

I remember telling him one time he should, even though I completely hate RC/defunct MV, he should get into their camp -- it would be a way into scoring. He said he didn't think he wanted to get into heafty scoring (or something like that).

I wonder, was it perhaps that I brought his name to light on my Rejected Scores site, and put sound clips up of some of stuff, that he got any attention.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    I think Atli's scoring this new Roman epic-swords-n-sandals movie?

Trailer
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the-eag … s/11127457

Yes, recorded months ago, as I recall, replacing Heffes, who ended up not being able to score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    another one i'm going to miss
    listen to more classical music!
  8. Oops... this is a little embarrassing shame

I'm guessing Christodoulides got his information from IMDb... I was hoping they had cleared it up by now.

I have not worked on the Nicholas Cage 'The Season of the Witch' with Atli Örvarsson. I am due to be scoring a completely unrelated micro-budget feature called 'The Season of the Witch' early next year (after over a year of delays). The one I am scoring was directed by Peter Goddard. IMDb seems to have got somewhat confused between the two films. The Director has said he has explained things to IMDb and it should be cleared up soon.

Thank you Justin for emailing me a congratulations and thus making me aware of this thread. Thank you also to the others here who have congratulated me. Alas, this news is an error. I have not come upon a high profile gig.

Sorry guys.
    MYSPACE = http://www.myspace.com/aaryknoctivagus (Where you can hear some of my music)
  9. PS... I have just checked and IMDb have corrected their error.
    MYSPACE = http://www.myspace.com/aaryknoctivagus (Where you can hear some of my music)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010
    No worries Aaryk, we are glad for you regardless and no project is pointless or unworthy so please keep us posted! Cheers and all the best.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010
    yeah
  10. Some praise for Orvarsson's score to The Eagle from Sheri Lindon of the LA Times:

"If this episodic quest still manages to feel too flat and mild, at least it gives us the mysterious Highlands and the Celtic dirge of Atli Örvarsson's outstanding score."

Sounds promising?