• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited
    lol biggrin

Anyway, here you go Captain...

On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited
    A brief history of that 007 theme...

From Russia With Love ( used twice in the film )

Thunderball ( gets it's biggest and best workout here, used multiple times, 'Underwater Mayhem' is a brilliant variation )

You Only Live Twice ( used during the 'Little Nellie' sequence )

Diamonds Are Forever ( used at the films climax )

Moonraker ( dreary, snooze inducing version and the last time it was used in a Bond film )

It wasn't used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, a variation complete with moog would have been appropriate for the attack on Piz Gloria sequence instead of what we hear which is an out-of-place James Bond Theme shoehorned in ( nothing to do with Barry from what I've read ), it's the Dr No version and sounds seriously out of place.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I meat this. The first introductory notes seem to be in the trailer too.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. LEVIATHAN: THE MAKING OF HELLBOUND:HELLRAISER 2 - A very decent 3 hour+ documentary on a film i think is just okay (and apparently that's how most of the people involved feel about it). The only problem is the music that is all over the thing is mixed very high against the interviews. It made me want to find and break the arms of the sound-mixer/director/ or whoever was involved in okaying that decision (i can get very tough in hypothetical situation). Seriously, it does nearly ruin a good doco.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015
    Giant Squid
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What a magnificent beast!
    (Or should I say 'tentaculair!'?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wouldn't want to swim with it, you'd have to be a sucker to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey, it's only fair the poor cephalopod gets something for his trouble. Squid pro quo, eh what?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    Squid pro quo

face-palm-mt suicide
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2015
    Steven wrote
    Game of Thrones Season 5

After all my defense of this show, this season has subsequently bored me. I'm on ep. 8 (I think), and it's not pulling me back to watch the final two episodes. It's a trudge.

Season 5 is the weakest season by far! Great last two or three episodes though.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2015
    Martijn wrote
    Hey, it's only fair the poor cephalopod gets something for his trouble. Squid pro quo, eh what?

Stop it, you're Kraken me up!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2015 edited
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Stop it, you're Kraken me up!

Not bad! biggrin

Martijn wrote

Oh, very good, very good! applause

I'd like to think you beak me to it, but I won't ammonia about it, I had an inkling you'd out-pun me.
  4. Just saw for the first time in a long while: THE THIN RED LINE, that aired on TV tonight.

Stunning visuals, although I think Malick goes a wee bit over the top with his metaphors. Some strong acting. The story is overall a bit lacking. The score is maybe the best thing Zimmer has ever done. Marvellous! Wiki sais, Badelt had a hand in the score, IMDB doesn't.

Volker kill
  5. Badelt and Powell worked on the score. Badelt is credited for "additional arrangements" and Powell has a credited track on the album (while he's, as far as I remember, the only credited "additional composer" in the film).

I'd like to know more about how much Powell influenced the score, but there are elements of TTRL in his smaller scores, like I Am Sam and United 93.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. Ah. Thanks for responding, Pawel! smile
  7. One could also wonder if that bassoon bit in the beginning of The Village isn't by Powell... though I'd have to compare that motif with the lone Bourne bassoon theme (I've been on a Bourne roll recently).

While being at Bourne. Walk to a meeting you're a bit late to with the Bourne ostinato playing in your head. +100 to urgency biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2015
    Listening to 'Waterloo' when walking through Waterloo station is a must.
  8. Reminds me of an incident when a student of mine was surprised to discover that Waterloo actually isn't a place in England.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a district in London. Which is in England.
  9. Is it? Well, that's copyright infringement then. wink
  10. Timmer wrote
    Giant Squid

That's ace. I definitely want to watch 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or Warlords of Atlantis now.
  11. Steven wrote

Should I do the same thing with Tangiers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is the pope Catholic?
  12. Apollo 13

In my opinion one of the most perfectly scored films of all time.
  13. And what a film it is...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Steven wrote

Should I do the same thing with Tangiers?

Definitely NOT! I've been to Tangiers and you need your wits unencumbered by music.
  14. I have walked down Baker Street with Gerry Rafferty playing on my CC Walkman. Long years ago.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have walked through the gates of Mycenae, playing '1000 ships' from Yared's Troy.

Beat THAT!
  15. I roamed the ruins of Tintagel (the same vacation mentioned above) playing Siegfried's Funeral March. smile Indeed I mixed a tape quite carefully in preparation of that trip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Damn!