• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008 edited
    Ok it´s still mid january.....July is veeeery far but we´re looking forward for some news (even if it´s only a bit of teasing) of this year´s event. Anything *cough Demetris cough cough* to say? wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008 edited
    Indeed! I need to start lobying to attract friends to come with me, preferably before they've all made Holiday plans already!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    Can't share any info for the time being i am afraid but here's the CD for ALAN SILVESTRI's live concert in SONCINEMAD 2 last year, for anyone interested:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8467#
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can't share any info for the time being i am afraid

crazy crazy
    When? When? When?! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can't share any info for the time being i am afraid but here's the CD for ALAN SILVESTRI's live concert in SONCINEMAD 2 last year, for anyone interested:

Trying to throw us a bone, hoping we will be busy with it in the meanwhile, till a few weeks before the festival, eh? Not gonna happen my friend biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008
    Go on, convince me to give you my money. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    So is it one composer per year at soncinemad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, lots and lots of stuff but one major concert each year and both of them kicked ass so far, if you haven't already listened to the CD's.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008 edited
    I may well come this year. wink

Ubeda was just too long...and hot...and not on time. sad

Concerts that go on to 3 in the morning are a little excessive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus

I know I know, I was there, but I´m interested in 2008 my friend crazy (arggh...this is gonna be a veeeery long wait).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

Welcome to Spain biggrin

Anthony wrote

Tell the orchestra about it, they were exhausted after Baños huge Alatriste´s suite (this was by the half of the concert)....and then Broughton took the batton. Sincerely I don´t know how did they fisically made it trough.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lol yeah, half the choir on my side was almost asleep at the end. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    Any updates here.

I need to start planning.
    It's my last student vacation. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Zimmer and Howard will Go to Madrid. Ater Zimmer succes in the first edition.

They will present his The Dark Knight score.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiinnnnng!

Oh! time to Wake Up! biggrin
  1. Damn! I thought that it was some sort of announcement!

Nautilus wrote
    Zimmer and Howard will Go to Madrid. Ater Zimmer succes in the first edition.

I'd be surprised if Zimmer would want to go back to Madrid. I never got a chance to speak to him then but from what I saw I'm not sure I'd want to go back if I were him.

Pablo (and co.) have done a fine job in organising both SONCINEMAD meetings but his questions during the Gregson-Williams/Zimmer Q&A session, I thought, were not very good and didn't really focus on anything very interesting. And then, once the audience had a chance to ask questions... rolleyes ...again, they were not very interesting questions. I do remember one particular question where there was more of a point being made by the questioner that took ages to be got across! Both composers seemed very uncomfortable on stage waiting for the translation.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorUbedapress
    Anthony wrote

Pity to hear that Anthony...

Nothing can be done about the hot weather in summer in Spain (although last year was nilder than in Madrid wink )

About the concert, have been reschedule to be around the 100 minutes mark... but sincerely, all of us fans of film music can say that it is excessive when we want to hear and enjoy as much music as possible?... don't think so... specially about the incredible "Alatriste" suite... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008 edited
    Wasn't him Jordi? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nautilus wrote
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiinnnnng!

lol

Right. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Ubedapress wrote
    Anthony wrote

Pity to hear that Anthony...

Nothing can be done about the hot weather in summer in Spain (although last year was nilder than in Madrid wink )

About the concert, have been reschedule to be around the 100 minutes mark... but sincerely, all of us fans of film music can say that it is excessive when we want to hear and enjoy as much music as possible?... don't think so... specially about the incredible "Alatriste" suite... wink

Yes, We can.

We can say it's too much, Even if you are a great fan, If You are waiting more than 1 hour in the street to enter in the concert, and then you have to listen almost 3 hours of film music when you have been assisting to conferences the whole day.....there's a little bit too much.

But the main reason is because We had to listen some other composers, wich only make the concert longer. Nothing more. We can appreciate their music, but not when you are waiting for other music.

A Comparation: You have to be a great fan to listen a Complete score, otherwise you can be bored.

About Ubeda and Madrid...

I enjoyed much More Madrid organitzation.

For people who grew up in Ubeda can be a "magical" city, but in a Objective way: the weather is far too hot, the time goes far to "slow"...It was like be in a lost town.

I will never can do nothing in my town :Vlassar de Mar. I know his limitations.

I was really embraced for some people (Conrado) and some "Awards" from Ubeda.

Sorry, I apprecite your hard work on it, But the truth have to be said. Sorry, Really.And I will be the bad guy, I know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    For people who grew up in Ubeda can be a "magical" city, but in a Objective way: the weather is far too hot,

That´s TOTALLY FALSE. Trust me, the Silvestri concert in Madrid was hotter than any day in Úbeda. It was like being in hell. Great, historical, magic moment and a lifetime recall, but DAMN hot in the Teatro Monumental.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It was that way 'cause of the deadly-HOT body movement of Silvestri.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    It was that way 'cause of the deadly-HOT body movement of Silvestri.

lol wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    For people who grew up in Ubeda can be a "magical" city, but in a Objective way: the weather is far too hot,

That´s TOTALLY FALSE. Trust me, the Silvestri concert in Madrid was hotter than any day in Úbeda. It was like being in hell. Great, historical, magic moment and a lifetime recall, but DAMN hot in the Teatro Monumental.

But At least in Madrid Conferencess had acconsishioned Air, Insteast Just one old Ventilator

( I don't know the correct words for this objects, sorry)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Nautilus wrote
    Howard will Go to Madrid.

You bastard.

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Seriously now, is there any news? Or, when will there be news? We foreigners have to plan in advance wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yeah, we wanna know, we wanna know!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    During the night in Ubeda it was ok. It was nice and warm. I could take that. I kept wandering around aimlessly in the afternoon when all the locals were having their siesta. Now that was heat!
  2. BobdH wrote
    Seriously now, is there any news? Or, when will there be news? We foreigners have to plan in advance wink

I'd go along with this question.

Time is moving on and I'd like to know one way or another for SONCINEMAD 2008. Plans need to be made.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcbain
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    Same here! smile