• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014
    Both are essential to the essence of life.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. That's metametaphysics for you!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Unlike most film score fans (I think), if you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between deleting my Williams collection and my Zimmer collection, I'd have a very hard time choosing indeed.
  3. I would struggle actually. I like THE THIN RED LINE that much.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. @Steven:
    That is true. Still I find myself listening to Williams' music less than I used to. That has to do with the fact that I can play back most of his themes with my neural/mental music player. But when I listen to one of his scores again, I discover every time how very much more there is to them than the themes.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    if you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between deleting my Williams collection and my Zimmer collection, I'd have a very hard time choosing indeed.

That IS a tough one? uhm

I guess when push comes to shove then I'd have to keep Zimmer and let Williams go.

Would that also have to include everything he did with Take That?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Who did what with Take That? Zimmer? Williams? Robbie or Johnny?

Oh, I see. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That dilemma wouldn't be tough for me at all. As big a fan as I am of Zimmer, Williams is firmly planted in cement and will not be chosen away for anything in this world.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    With Thor I am.
    (I find it's always safer to side with the Gods.
    Except in theological debates, where they generally tend to disappear in a puff of logic.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. If you have a gun to your head over a Williams and Zimmer collection, it's probably [b]Thor[p/b] trying to get more Williams' scores. But don't worry, drunk people can't aim well.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I already have everything both commercially and non-commercially that is available by Williams since the dawn of time, so that would be an unlikely scenario.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Yes, but factor in drunkess. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    True. Always fashion in drunkeness.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: BEATLES (Magne Furuholmen)

One of the year's best 'pop' scores by the former songwriter of a-ha. And although there are 1-2 interpretations of Beatles songs, none of the score has any relation to the band's music.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. NP: JAWS - Der weiße Hai (1975) - John Williams

The LP recording. Awsome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Unlike most film score fans (I think), if you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between deleting my Williams collection and my Zimmer collection, I'd have a very hard time choosing indeed.

Highlight "Zimmer, Hans" in iTunes, right click, send to trash. Empty trash.

All too easy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Der weiße Hai (1975)

Ah! The original Klingon version!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote

All too easy!

biggrin Imagine my shock.
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Unlike most film score fans (I think), if you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between deleting my Williams collection and my Zimmer collection, I'd have a very hard time choosing indeed.

All too easy!

-Erik-

That is ultimately the conclusion I would reach, rest assured, but it would take me a smidgeon longer than you to reach it I think. wink
  10. Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Der weiße Hai (1975)

Ah! The original Klingon version!

The German title has a special ring for me, like Krieg der Sterne.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I understand, but I have to say to me that's like....well, in keeping with the subject.
    wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I understand, but I have to say to me that's like....well, in keeping with the subject.
    wink

Did you notice it was a Great White Shark that is fed to the Mosasaur in the JP IV trailer!? biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Of course I noticed the Pliosaur was fed Bruce! That's the moment I though 'THIS is gonna be GOOD!'
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The watersauras was one of the better things about the trailer, for sure.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Of course I noticed the Pliosaur was fed Bruce! That's the moment I though 'THIS is gonna be GOOD!'

Freeze frame on the side view, it's a goddamn PLIOSAU...... dizzy ...goddamn MOSASAUR!!!! crazy

M-O-S-A-S-A-U-R

dino FISH HEADS dino
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote

The silly dolphin act was the worst thing about the trailer, in addition to the cheesy theme park with torkoise water and train highlines or whatever it's called in English. It only gets good after Spielberg's name appears.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

The silly dolphin act was the worst thing about the trailer, in addition to the cheesy theme park with torkoise water and train highlines or whatever it's called in English. It only gets good after Spielberg's name appears.

Monorails. Cheeze!!! You never lived in a past where the future looked like this. rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Exactly. We call it Futureworld. What could possibly go wrong?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Exactly. We call it Futureworld. What could possibly go wrong?

Exactly!

Oh!? hang on??
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    M-O-S-A-S-A-U-R

You are, of course, wrong.

EDIT:
    Also, please ignore this page.