• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    Atham wrote
    Steven wrote
    Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer | Tom Twyker, Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil

Pretty much a perfect score. I should think it deserves a 5 star rating?

I agree with Steven. It's a rich, multi-textured score that really fires my rockets! Love it!

Agree with both. Brilliant score and PERFECT in the movie, it really creates the right mood for the story.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BobdH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    VANGELIS - El Greco

Soothing, beautifully calming and sacred-colored music for this movie by Vangelis, crowned by the wonderful choral (main theme).

With you all the way on this one! punk

Agree.
    The main theme is very beautiful (both its choral version in the first track and the piano version in the last one), and the rest of the score is so calming and relaxing. Good work.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mogens wrote
    NP: Cassandra Crossing - Jerry Goldsmith

Have had this for a while, but haven't given it a proper listen in some time. What's there to say about it - it's Goldsmith thriller-action music, and it's good stuff! The pop-influenced main theme is quite memorable, too. Yeah, I like it a lot.

Love 'The Incredible Hulk' theme in this score. Harnell must have heard this Jerry score?!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer | Tom Twyker, Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil

Pretty much a perfect score. I should think it deserves a 5 star rating?

Definitely! Haven't played this in a while, on my playlist tomorrow methinks!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Untraceable - Christopher Young

My first listen. Nothing too interesting here at first glance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Bah humbug. Amateurish tripe.

kiss

NP: At world's end + Suites

When More I listen, more I love it!

This Goldsmitthian Fanfarre!

Where was this Zimmer all this years??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bah humbug. Amateurish tripe.

kiss

Strange people.

Raiders of the Lost Ark | John Williams

My god I can't wait for the new film. In the meantime, I've got this classic to enjoy... and I do. Every darn minute of it!!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well, it's snowing heavely here since yesterday and to scenery is truly breathtaking!So I'm listening to my favourite selections form The Lord of the Rings scores.Just wonderful! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    NP : L' AVION - Gabriel Yared

One of my favourite Yared scores, deep and melodic and gorgeously orchestrated in a way that conjures such genius as Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel. I love this! cool
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: Alien vs. Predator: Requiem - Brian Tyler

I LOVE it! Just tons of energy and the subtle references to Horner, Goldsmith, Goldenthal and Silvestri feel appropriate. "Decimation Proclamation" is the highlight of the entire album, but the rest is excellent.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    punk x 2!
    One more for the AVP:R team. We´re almost an army now biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Godzilla 2 CD Complete Score by David Arnold

Just can't get enough of it biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    NP: JUMPER - John Powell

My guess is people are way too eager to put the "drone" label upon a score as soon as they hear electronics overbearing the orchestra. If you look at the film Powell had to work with, I think he did an excellent job in creating a sounddesign that would fit. Especially the electronic-heavy moments are great, while the score wanders a bit uncertain in the middle. Haven't heard the full of it yet, but its mostly the part where the organic instruments come in, that it falls into familair territory. As written for the film, though, this isn't bad at all.

It's the middle part that's the problem in all honesty. The beginning is ok as it introduces a afew good motifs but the middle just drags on with uninsteresting cues. The end luckily picks up again for a while. I'm sure it works great in the film, just on CD it sounds flat for the most part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    MARK MCKENZIE - Saving Sarah Cain

Beautifully calming and deeply melodic piano-led orchestral score with several touching and romantic passages in the vein of THE ULTIMATE GIFT. Needs more listens to grow in you than the afore-mentioned which was evidently a superior score, but still Sarah Cain has a lot of enjoyable music and intensely dramatic pieces - like "those were our tears" which as far as its structure and philosophy is concerned reminds me of Marianelli's brilliant "Elegy for Dunkirk" from Atonement, for those accustomed to such listens to satisfy your needs. Particularly recommended.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PERFUME - Twyker, Heil & Klimek

Brilliant! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Exactly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Independence Day | David Arnold

Need some confident music before I go to the bar...

"Hoi. Wil je wat drinken?.... Hoi. Wil je wat drinken?..." I'm getting there. Big thanks to my good pal Martijn for helping me out there!

"Dit is al het Nederlands dat ik ken... Dit is al het Nederlands dat ik ken...".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

"Hoi. Wil je wat drinken?.... Hoi. Wil je wat drinken?..." I'm getting there. Big thanks to my good pal Martijn for helping me out there!

"Dit is al het Nederlands dat ik ken... Dit is al het Nederlands dat ik ken...".

So, Martijn's meeting you in a Dutch bar? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

No, but that would be cool!

(Dutch girl. Uni student. Goes to the local student bar. Go figure. wink cheesy )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

No, but that would be cool!

(Dutch girl. Uni student. Goes to the local student bar. Go figure. wink cheesy )

Go Steven GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! punk

cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thanks Tim! Oh, and the "I will need some Dutch courage" joke has already been made... by me. shame

Anyway. Is it luck I need, or confidence? I tend to lack both of them, but determination usually wins out in the end!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Thanks Tim! Oh, and the "I will need some Dutch courage" joke has already been made... by me. shame

Anyway. Is it luck I need, or confidence? I tend to lack both of them, but determination usually wins out in the end!

I'd say 'just be yourself' but it's been a long time since I've been on the open market.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote

biggrin

In Dutch. Cool! cool
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Great Debaters - JNH and that other guy

My feelings are mixed about this. The more I listen to it the more annoying it gets. There are some very good cues but also some very bad ones. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    The Great Debaters - JNH and that other guy

My feelings are mixed about this. The more I listen to it the more annoying it gets. There are some very good cues but also some very bad ones. spin

I found it quite boring and uninteresting, very much like Michael Clayton. I watched the movie this weekend (Michael Clayton) though, and now I know why JNH took that musical approach. Not that I like more the score now, but at least it works perfect in the cold mood of the film (the music even shines in the finale).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Steven wrote

biggrin biggrin

You need help to pick it on from there? What if she says "ja, graag, en hoe heet je?" biggrin
  1. NP: The Snow of Killimanjaro / Five Fingers (Herrmann)

A typically romantic pair of scores, re-recording beautifully by the Morgan/Stromberg team.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INDECENT PROPOSAL - John Barry

Only 25 minutes of score on this song filled album but it's a very good, lush 25 minutes. cool