• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKing Rao
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    The Cinematic Sound Radio Show -

*Yaaaawn*

I Know Who Loved Me - Joel McNeely
  1. King Rao wrote

Nobody loves you, o great King. wink

NP: Little Children (Newman)

Music that makes me want to give a cookie to someone as a sign of friendship. Is this not great film music?

This message is simply testing to see whether anyone reads the little blurbs under the score listed.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    My opinions may upset some of you guys regarding the following, you have been forewarned...

Just listened to Erik's Top 10 score lists for 2007, and I have to say I am unimpressed with the picks, save for I Know Who Killed Me (very impressive Herrmann homage by McNeely), Atonement, Angel and Island of Lost Souls.

Mr. Magorium Wonder Emporium is very impressive in terms of orchestration and detail, but I really don't get the hoopla surrounding it (I wished you had embraced Golden Compass like the rest of the film music community did). I know Zodiac is a minimalist suspense score, but it didn't hold my interest. Eastern Promises -- very beautiful in places with the violin and clarinet solos -- but it just didn't do anything for me. Ratatouille and POTC 3, while enjoyable, are just highly overrated.

And Erik, why did you pronounce Naomi Watts' name as "Nomi Watts"? wink
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    Matt C wrote
    My opinions may upset some of you guys regarding the following, you have been forewarned...

Just listened to Erik's Top 10 score lists for 2007, and I have to say I am unimpressed with the picks, save for I Know Who Killed Me (very impressive Herrmann homage by McNeely), Atonement, Angel and Island of Lost Souls.

Mr. Magorium Wonder Emporium is very impressive in terms of orchestration and detail, but I really don't get the hoopla surrounding it (I wished you had embraced Golden Compass like the rest of the film music community did). I know Zodiac is a minimalist suspense score, but it didn't hold my interest. Eastern Promises -- very beautiful in places with the violin and clarinet solos -- but it just didn't do anything for me. Ratatouille and POTC 3, while enjoyable, are just highly overrated.

And Erik, why did you pronounce Naomi Watts' name as "Nomi Watts"? wink

Well, you are entitled to your opinion which is just fine. Don't be afraid to post your own feelings. No one said that my list was perfect. I'm glad you enjoyed at least 4 of the 10 picks. wink I've given my reasons why I picked the 10 scores that I did during my show so I won't repeat them here.

As for Naomi Watts... I can't recall the mistake right now. It happens. wink Actually, I just listened to the clip and it sounds like to me and my wife that I said Nye-omi instead of Nea-omi Watts. Oh well...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    King Rao wrote
    The Cinematic Sound Radio Show -

*Yaaaawn*

Yaaaaawn to the show overall or I Know Who Killed Me?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Matt C wrote
    (I wished you had embraced Golden Compass like the rest of the film music community did)

Yes Erik. Embrace it, like the rest of the film music community did! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Matt C wrote
    (I wished you had embraced Golden Compass like the rest of the film music community did)

Yes Erik. Embrace it, like the rest of the film music community did! wink

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

-Erik-
  3. Search your feelings, you know it to be true... from a certain point of view.

Oops... got my jedi adages of wisdom mixed up! dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Rock | MV Peeps

For when you want to listen to something that just KICKS ASS.

Still one of the best examples of the MV sound!

punk

Horrible beyond belief IMO! vomit

....film too vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea-Paul Smith.

Only available as a download. I really like the score even though it is quite predictable. Kirk Douglas singing is well?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The Rock | MV Peeps

For when you want to listen to something that just KICKS ASS.

Still one of the best examples of the MV sound!

punk

Horrible beyond belief IMO! vomit

....film too vomit

biggrin

C'mon, you know you love it. We all know you do!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    THE ROCK [score] RULES! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Monsters Inc. - Randy Newman

Still Newman's best Pixar effort in my opinion, even if it's just tons of short cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    THE ROCK [score] RULES! punk

One of the best action scores of the nineties.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ eASILY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I agree. It's the McDonalds of the film music world - may not fill you up that much, may not even be that healthy... but damn it tastes good, and sometimes it's all you want!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I agree. It's the McDonalds of the film music world - may not fill you up that much, may not even be that healthy... but damn it tastes good, and sometimes it's all you want!

I can't stand McDonalds!

Nuff said!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

I can't stand McDonalds!

Nuff said!

KFC then. Or Burger King.

Come on, admit it. We won't think any less of you. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    wink
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

I can't stand McDonalds!

Nuff said!

KFC then. Or Burger King.

Come on, admit it. We won't think any less of you. biggrin

Oh all right then, just like a Kebab it only taste good when drunk wink
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Neither, I enjoyed the show. That was a reference to you yawning and then accidentally referring to I Know Who Killed Me as I Know Who Loved Me.

franz_conrad wrote
    King Rao wrote

Nobody loves you, o great King. wink

Ummm... Ok...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    King Rao wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Neither, I enjoyed the show. That was a reference to you yawning and then accidentally referring to I Know Who Killed Me as I Know Who Loved Me.

Ooooooh. biggrin Ya, I was shocked that I left THAT in. Now it's fixed but it was funny and embarrassing! I was having a hard time breathing while recording that show so that was actually a deep breath not a yawn. wink

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Curly Sue - Delerue

Some lovely cues, with some really jarring tracks .
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Medal Of Honor | Michael Giacchino

Seeing the new Indy trailer put me in the mood for this type of scoring. Bloody awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    NP: White Oleander - Thomas Newman

A haunting and somewhat dream-like experience, especially in the dark. Perfect bedtime listening.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: White Oleander - Thomas Newman

A haunting and somewhat dream-like experience, especially in the dark. Perfect bedtime listening.

cool

totally agree, one of my all-time favorite Newman scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    n.p. Possibly Iglesias' best score to date, HABLE CON ELLA (talk to her)

Top stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Last week we went to see two movies: Bee Movie and National Treasure Book of Secrets.

So after that I have been listening to the scores. Bee Movie is a lot of fun! And so is the movie.
    I don't have the score Book of Secrets so I listened to National Treasure which is a lot of fun too. Kind of monothematic, but I like it anyway. The action tracks are entertaining and perfect when doing some activities and I also made a short playlist without the action stuff, just the highlights of the main theme, which I think are in Finding Charlotte and Declaration of Independence, rather than the finale Treasure.

I have also been listening an awful lot to Elizabeth the Golden Age lately. I must be the only one who likes it?
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    n.p. Possibly Iglesias' best score to date, HABLE CON ELLA (talk to her)

Top stuff.

'Soy Marco' is one of my favourite cues! He does string soli so beautifully.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP - Nothing!

For the first time in ages I've been enjoying silence. shocked Hopefully my mood will switch and I can return to AVPR.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    NP - Nothing!

For the first time in ages I've been enjoying silence. shocked Hopefully my mood will switch and I can return to AVPR.

From silence to AVP:R....that´s a BIG change of mood actually wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you