• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    I always feel like a kid. tongue

I remember we had Where The Wild Things Are at our home but I don't remember I actually read it!? Maybe I was scared by the cover... I have to check it out again.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone who lives his current life rather than the past is a poor soul confused

It's a good point: why look back when you can enjoy the now? But there's a bit more to it than that. Re-living or re-visiting your childhood is for most people a pretty special thing, regardless of how good their life is at the moment. Have you never experienced that thrill of seeing, hearing or experiencing something that was from your childhood and rekindling that 'magic' of being a kid?

I can't imagine not having those special things, like Star Wars, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters etc. As Erik has said, watching them makes me feel like a kid again, and that's a really wonderful feeling.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What Erik and Steven said.

-: Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's monster voice :-

' Child-like? good Gooooooooooooddddd!

'Childish? bad Baaaaaaaaadddddddddd!!'
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone who lives his current life rather than the past is a poor soul confused

It's a good point: why look back when you can enjoy the now? But there's a bit more to it than that. Re-living or re-visiting your childhood is for most people a pretty special thing, regardless of how good their life is at the moment. Have you never experienced that thrill of seeing, hearing or experiencing something that was from your childhood and rekindling that 'magic' of being a kid?

I can't imagine not having those special things, like Star Wars, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters etc. As Erik has said, watching them makes me feel like a kid again, and that's a really wonderful feeling.

That's exactly what I miss. Up until a few years ago I could feel total excitement for the newest things coming out, films, music, videogames, whatever. That feeling is slowly fading. Nothing I can do about it. I used to be impatient whenever I was looking forward to something. That has also changed, part of getting older I guess. But I cherish those moments I get to re-experience that 'magical' feeling from my youth, wether it is by watching a much-loved film or hearing a great tune from back in the day. I truly hope that magic never goes away.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    The vast amount of new things and their uncontrollable and instant availability in all multimedia genres is killing the excitement for all, esp. when put versus the obviously not adequate time to enjoy them all.

Stepping back, limiting down your choices to the stuff that you actually have greater possibilities to really enjoy PERSONALLY rather than maniacally collecting everything that comes your way, is a great "new" way to see things imo and it works wonders.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I'm doing that subconsciously, I seriously have no longer the time nor will to watch every major film that's coming out, unlike before. Now I just pick the ones that interest me. Needless to say I miss quite a lot of great flicks, but my brother manages to fill the void somewhat. He's much more on top of new releases and all. IMO the greatest films are still the ones from my youth, but I guess that goes for everyone or every generation.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    That's the only way to keep things sane and up to an interesting level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    I can't remember the last time i've seen something as awful as this and this one here.

What are these people thinking?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...agreed. Especially the first one. Looks like a cheapo HERCULES TV thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I can't remember the last time i've seen something as awful as this and this one here.

Unbelievably bad!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Don't judge a book by its cover I suppose...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, ok. If it's THAT bad, i am not touching it, especially since it's not a book, but a CD! wink
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    I'm doing that subconsciously, I seriously have no longer the time nor will to watch every major film that's coming out, unlike before. Now I just pick the ones that interest me. Needless to say I miss quite a lot of great flicks, but my brother manages to fill the void somewhat. He's much more on top of new releases and all. IMO the greatest films are still the ones from my youth, but I guess that goes for everyone or every generation.

yep, I try to do the best I can smile

It is fair by seeing / hearing all you encounter the gems and the duds you would normally have missed. But I still do it for the gems I occasionally discover
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Christodoulides wrote

If ever there was an argument for a move to download-only releases!!

Imagine someone coming across one of these CDs by accident, lying around your house. shame

NP: "Red Alert" - Star Trek: First Contact - Jerry Goldsmith
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    My God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    My God.

GEEZES! The gorgeous Anna Karina looks like a bloody zombie! shocked
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    My God.

shocked freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor

THE WIZ is an oldie, but yeah, hard to believe they can come up with that stuff in this day and age.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    With so many BAD COVERS being shown I thought that I'd present what I consider to be one of the finest CD covers I've ever seen. A cue from this album just played so I glanced down at the cover art in iTunes and this is what I saw...

What a beauty!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    With so many BAD COVERS being shown I thought that I'd present what I consider to be one of the finest CD covers I've ever seen. A cue from this album just played so I glanced down at the cover art in iTunes and this is what I saw...

What a beauty!

-Erik-

Absolutely Erik, one of the truly great cover designs, right up there with Chinatown IMO.
  6. Totally agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Absolutely stunning, Erik!
  7. Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    My God.

GEEZES! The gorgeous Anna Karina looks like a bloody zombie! shocked

biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010
    Seriously. My buckit, someone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, America; you've always provided the world with brats to unleash their hate upon. Her or Justin Bieber, the choice of whom you want dead first is a very tough one indeed biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously. My buckit, someone.

Take mine. I warn you though, I've already used it.

Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, America; you've always provided the world with brats to unleash their hate upon. Her or Justin Bieber, the choice of whom you want dead first is a very tough one indeed

Ditto.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, America; you've always provided the world with brats to unleash their hate upon. Her or Justin Bieber, the choice of whom you want dead first is a very tough one indeed biggrin

Shut up D, I bet you've already ordered 20 copies of that because you know you'll wear them out playing 24/7.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    I can't remember the last time i've seen something as hideous as this:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1103/p … nfront.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    I can't remember the last time i've seen something as hideous as this:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1103/p … nfront.jpg

I don't know...I find it kinda interesting. Very lean and minimalistic, yet with the obvious double entendre of an "eye that is watching you". I would perhaps have chosen a different (and smaller) font to showcase the image in its purity, but not bad, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.