• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010
    it's a great score. some parts have the TRANSFORMERS-style, for example MAIN TITLES or MESSENGER OF WAR. the score has good themes and is fun to listen. for me the most important things, while listening to a movie score. i like his style and his themes. his score for the drama BEAUTIFUL BOY could be also very interesting. the trailer looks very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010
    Great it isn't, not by any means; but it's got some enjoyable parts if you're into this style. Originality is shot in the head btw.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011 edited
    Anyone else here blown away by Trevor Morris´ opening theme for The Borgias?

I can´t believe how incredibly addictive it is. As much as I love his Tudors music (especially what he wrote for Jane Seymore), this is one massive step ahead, I think.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    the opening music sounds really interesting and i'm glad it doesn't sound like tudors/pillars. i like the guitar and vocal part. now i'm looking forward to the cd release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    MORE Borgias???
    I have Delerue's Borgias (which is very good and very Renaissance sounding, which I like a lot) and I have illarramendi 's Borgias which is just exquisite.

But by the looks of things this will be the third Borgias I'm gonna get (I like Morris' work quite a lot). smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Here;s the album details from varese

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … The/Detail

(i didn't think it's exciting or addictive or anything, esp. in comparison with Illaramendi's beautiful score).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I guess I'll have to hear the album first before I can make that call. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Thanks for the album details. Another Morris for the collection, then, and I´m glad it´ll come out so soon.

I don´t know any of the other Borgia scores, so I can only compare it to Morris´ former works, and it sure holds itself quite well against them. BTW, the "addictive" component comes into play after a couple of listens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds good for Morris. But you'll be surprised with the previous Borgias scores too, especialyl Illaramendi. Seek it out.
  2. I´ll try, thanks for pointing it out.

How would you describe Illaramendi´s score? Anything comparable?

I absolutely dig, for example, Goldsmith´s Prologue for "The Agony and the Ecstacy".
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I´ll try, thanks for pointing it out.

How would you describe Illaramendi´s score? Anything comparable?

I absolutely dig, for example, Goldsmith´s Prologue for "The Agony and the Ecstacy".

Hard to say. It has the melancholic lyricism of Delerue at times, at other times dipping into ancient lithurgical music like that of Palestrina. The track "Funeral of Juan" (I believe it's called) is drop-dead gorgeous. The suspense tracks aren't very good, though, and quite grating in their sustained, repetitive way.

But it was the same with Delerue too. I hate his suspense writing, while I absolutely adore his melodies.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Found some sound clips from the Illaramendi score online.

Wow, really beautiful. Totally different, of course, so not really comparable. I can´t really imagine hearing this kind of music in a Showtime series. ^^ But I´d love to get my hands on the full album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011
    it is solemn soothing and utterly beautiful
  4. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Found some sound clips from the Illaramendi score online.

Wow, really beautiful. Totally different, of course, so not really comparable. I can´t really imagine hearing this kind of music in a Showtime series. ^^ But I´d love to get my hands on the full album.

Most of Illarramendi's that I have heard is well worth having - and well worth hunting down also.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011
    FILM AND TELEVISION COMPOSER TREVOR MORRIS WINS SECOND EMMY FOR SHOWTIME’S “THE BORGIAS”

AT THE 2011 PRIMETIME CREATIVE ARTS EMMY® AWARDS

After seeing double gold in both US and Canada, Morris now preps for major release with Relativity’s “Immortals”

Los Angeles, CA September 13, 2011 -- With numerous accolades under his belt, Canadian composer Trevor Morris has received two Emmy nods, won his second Gemini Award for “Best Original Music Score for a Program or Series for Showtime’s THE TUDORS in Toronto, Canada, and just earned his second Emmy Award Saturday night at the 2011 Primetime Creative Arts Emmy® Awards for “Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music” on Showtime’s THE BORGIAS.

The main title theme category, which was almost canceled by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences last year, is very important to composers in the industry and continues to earn respect even in its endangered state.

"I am very proud to have won this award, and thrilled for ‘The Borgias,’ which is only in its first year,” Morris said. “The Academy almost eliminated the category for Main Title music, which we lobbied to get back this year. So winning this particular Emmy is very special for me and I hope it won’t be the last of the category. Neil Jordan and Showtime have been amazing supporters and collaborators, which is good company for me to be in. It’s immensely gratifying to be recognized like this for my music."

“The Borgias” has already been renewed by Showtime for a second season.

In 2007, Morris’ work on Showtime’s “The Tudors” earned him an Emmy for “Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music.”

In the film world, Morris’ cinematic and thrilling score is the driving force behind the highly anticipated action-packed Relativity film, IMMORTALS coming out Nov. 11, 2011. Morris’ music has also be heard in films and TV shows such as Disney’s PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN’S CHEST, Fox Atomic’s THE HILLS HAVE EYES II, Columbia and Warner Bros pictures’ SOMETHING’S GOTTA GIVE, Disney’s PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL, NBC’s THE CHASE, CBS’ MOONLIGHT, CBS’ MIAMI MEDICAL, NBC’s KINGS, and FOX’s JUSTICE.

Currently, Morris is composing music for Universal’s upcoming film, THE SCORPION KING: BATTLE FOR REDEMPTION, as well as Cheetah Vision and Emmett/Furla Films’ FIRE WITH FIRE, starring Bruce Willis, Josh Duhamel and Rosario Dawson.
    Kazoo
  5. Thanks for the info. I hoped for Game of Thrones to win, but the Borgias Main Titles deserved it, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    THE IMMORTALS

(what's possibly the cheesiest looking, cheapest looking most direct 300-copying flick ever, from the trailer at least)

http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2011/ … 11-cd.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    I'm sure Morris score will be far FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Can anyone suggest what the music from the latest theatrical trailer to Immortals is? http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= … EYg31o3RAQ
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can anyone suggest what the music from the latest theatrical trailer to Immortals is? http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= … EYg31o3RAQ

confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ...anyone ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd have a go D but where is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Doesn't the link work ? Is it only for mobile devices ?
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Doesn't the link work ? Is it only for mobile devices ?

No, the link does not work. You will have to link it via a PC perhaps.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sorry. Will get back to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think this is it. The music I am interested it's at the later 2/3rds of the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KToeya51sKM
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think this is it. The music I am interested it's at the later 2/3rds of the trailer.

Jen Eric?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote

One of the commenter wrote "it is all one song that is very difficult to find it is called "defying reality - x-ray dog" the song is not yet released, but in a few months it will be"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    thanks lp!
  7. My review of IMMORTALS, if anyone's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2011/11/22/immor … or-morris/