• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Olympus Has Fallen is on the playlist for later.

(Sorry for the on-topic post.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    James Horner

What about him?

Stick around long enough and it might become clear.......and maybe not!?#:& dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Olympus Has Fallen is on the playlist for later.

I quite like what I've heard of Morris work, let us know what you think of it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    James Horner

What about him?

He's the poster child for off-topic here at MT. Lurking pays sometimes...
  3. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    James Horner

What about him?

He's the poster child for off-topic here at MT. Lurking pays sometimes...

Ach so. Danke, Edmund!
    I see. Thanks, Edmund!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Olympus Has Fallen is on the playlist for later.

I quite like what I've heard of Morris work, let us know what you think of it?

I wish he would get more chances to write beautiful melodies like he did in Season 3 of The Tudors (Jane Seymour's Theme). That was gorgeous, but most of his body of work is pretty stereotypical and mundane, albeit occasionally pleasant.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013
    I thoroughly like Morris' work on all of The Tudors seasons as well as on Pillars Of The Earth.
    Like Murray Gold, he goes for a melodic approach with a strong moody yet contemporary feel, which works a treat!

I rather like his little foray in game music on Command & Conquer 3 as well. smile

Wasn't very keen on The Borgias, but all in all I certainly remain interested in what he has to say, so I'm looking forward to Alan's views on Olympus Has Fallen!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You'll find his views on the NP thread Martijn. Not good ones either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked
    Blimey.

<heading on over there>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2013
    Thankfully Borgia now gets an Eric Neveux treat wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    trevor morris never scored "Borgia". so "The Borgias" has still his music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know i know, i just brought it up 'cause of the same-titled nature and my pleasure for Eric Neveux's new assignment (he's really good) smile
    • CommentAuthorLars
    ah, ok. sorry for the misunderstanding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't be silly, it wasn't clear on my part either smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interview with Morris

http://www.filmmusicmedia.com/interview … ormorris-1
  4. My review of OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/04/09/olymp … or-morris/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2013
    Anyone seen THE VIKINGS yet?

The music is actually quite good.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2013
    Soundtrack Details to "Vikings":
    http://www.sonymusic.ch/Trevor-Morris/T … P/2886502/

So far so good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    Anyone seen THE VIKINGS yet?

The music is actually quite good.

I've seen it! And yes the music is quite good indeed! Mister Morris is doing an excellent work with his scoring of series. The Tudors, The Borgias, The Pillars of the Earth, The Vikings ... all very nice to listen to!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014
    I finished watching The Tudors and now I'm exploring the music. It's a shame I didn't hear the music while watching, because there's some wonderful wonderful music there. Listening now I'm even thinking of watching the whole series again with headphones just to hear the music with it! But, alas, other series are waiting...
    wink

The thing with Netflix is Maykel and I are both watching different shows on our iPads so we keep the volume rather low. The weird thing is putting on headphones feels too isolated but each watching a different show on separated devices is not?!

Started with the music from Season 1, fell in love with A Historic Love and Wolsey Commits Suidicde / Finale, then jumped to Season 4 (for no reason) and man, Surrey Found Guilty is a gorgeous track. On to Season 2 and 3 now. I think they are wonderful scores although sometimes a bit like a guess-the-score game, but it doesn't bother me at all.
    wave
  5. The last 5 cues on the fourth season score CD are among the very best in tv scoring that I have ever heard. Transcendental!

wave back

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014
    The german film music magazine presents an exclusive First Listen of Trevor Morris' score for "Vikings II". 50-second sound clips from every track plus three tracks in full length:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1802/exklusi … gs-ii-2014

Check it out!
  6. Review of ADMIRAL / Michiel de Ruyter.

Thanks for reading smile
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015
    I just found that score last weekend after having no idea that Morris was working on any film scores. I really enjoyed it, I've been waiting for an epic adventure power anthem score like that ever since hearing his work on King Arthur and Stealth 10 years ago. Finally he gets the right project!
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015
    very good review and i also like this score alot. morris can write very epic and emotional themes. its a good mix of orchestra and samples, although some parts are a bit to bombastic and to modern. the last track is the highlight of the album. but i think the lenght of the album is 93 min and not 78 min. a bit to long i would say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I don't mind, I love getting 14, 8, and multiple 6 minute long powerhouse tracks. They're interesting enough not to be dragging. The style is of course not for everyone but I'm glad to get so much out of this unique entry in Morris' career.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I had no idea Morris had done this! Definitely makes it worth looking out for.
  7. Trevor Morris seems to be releasing some of his previously-unreleased music as digital downloads. The last couple of days has seen the release of his music for titles such as Stolen, Beautiful Boy, a few "music sketches" from Vikings and some unused tracks from a pilot episode for a series, Kings.

Just search for "Trevor Morris Unreleased" in your favourite download store.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2016
    I'll have to check it out.
    listen to more classical music!