• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Super karate monkey death batch from Quartet Records:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012
    I love the fact that Santa Claus: The Movie is frequently referred to during the press release as being an 85-minute score and yet they've managed to turn it into a 3-CD set. When the soundtrack album lasts longer than the film, you just know that people (and by people I mean Thor and myself) are unlikely to find it of much value.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    I love the fact that Santa Claus: The Movie is frequently referred to during the press release as being an 85-minute score and yet they've managed to turn it into a 3-CD set. When the soundtrack album lasts longer than the film, you just know that people (and by people I mean Thor and myself) are unlikely to find it of much value.

Indeed.

Unless CD 2 and 3 contain pictures of naked women!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ah... now that would certainly make a difference.

I think me and you should start our own record label.
  2. Ta Ta Land Records
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Super-racks

(This post will only be understood by those who have been buying soundtracks for more than a decade or so.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Score Monthly

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. IntraDDa
  4. The last FSM CD is estimate to be out in January, according to this updates a few minutes ago at FSM, from SAE:

FSM release will be January, from last I heard.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. New from Perseverance Records: one re-issue of an LP, on CD, one unreleased score, and an update on upcoming things:

Perseverance Records PRD 054
    MSRP $12.98
    Will Ship Third Week of December

Just in time for the holidays, Perseverance Records is proud to announce the reissue of the Three Amigos soundtrack. Originally released by Warner Bros Records in 1987, it features a mix of score and songs performed in the movie by its stars, Steve Martin, Martin Short and Chevy Chase. Randy Newman wrote the songs and performs on a track as the "Singing Bush". The legendary Elmer Bernstein composed the score.

Previously reissued by Collectors Choice Music, this was one of their best selling releases. We felt that a lot of people missed out on this release so we asked Warner if we could put it back out. Fortunately they agreed as the rights languished due to the Collectors Choice label being shut down by its new owners who didn't want to own a record label and only wanted the catalog and distribution assets. We are proud to add this title to our growing catalog of excellent Warner Bros LP reissues.

Some facts about this recording:
    - As usual, Warner Music handed us the masters. The sound is excellent.
    - Limited to 3,000 CDs.
    - This is a straight reissue of the original album (or even the Collectors Choice CD)
    - Reasonably priced CD.
    - Original LP art. We did improve upon the art that Collectors Choice used. If you've purchased any of our previous Warner LP reissues, then you know what we mean by this comparison to the CCM releases.

Track Listing:
    1. THE BALLAD OF THE THREE AMIGOS* (Vocals: Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short)
    2. MAIN TITLE**
    3. THE BIG SNEAK***
    4. MY LITTLE BUTTERCUP* (Vocals: Steve Martin, Martin Short, Fred Asparagus)
    5. SANTA POCO**
    6. FIESTA AND FLAMENCO***
    7. EL GUAPO**
    8. THE RETURN OF THE AMIGOS**
    9. BLUE SHADOWS ON THE TRAIL* (Vocals: Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short)
    10. THE SINGING BUSH*** (Vocals: Randy Newman)
    11. AMIGOS AT THE MISSION**
    12. CAPTURE*** (Dialogue: Steve Martin, Alfonso Arau)
    13. EL GUAPO'S BIRTHDAY***
    14. THE CHASE**
    15. AMIGOS, AMIGOS, AMIGOS**
    16. FAREWELL**
    17. END CREDITS**

* composed by Randy Newman ** composed by Elmer Bernstein *** dialog from the movie

Make use of our 10% discount offer for this item when you order Dana Kaproff's "Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters" CD before January 11, 2013. (Details on the "Three Amigos" page in our Yahoo Store.)

Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters by Dana Kaproff

Perseverance Records PRD 061
    MSRP $13.95
    Available Now

From the composer of "The Big Red One" and "The Golden Seal" comes a very different score: The music for the award-winning documentary by Ben Shapiro is minimalistic in approach, with sparse instrumentation and a very personal feel. I had a hard time picking just three audio samples because there are just so many wonderful tracks, so I am giving you SIX! (Also to make up for just one sample on the latest Phillip Lambro CD.)

The first 50 copies will be signed by Dana Kaproff. Limit 1 per customer.
    Limited Collectors Edition of 500 units.

Track Listing:
    01. Entering The Landscape 1:33
    02. Gregory Crewdson Main Title 1:59
    03. Stepping Into The Picture 1:22
    04. First Sound Stage 1:00
    05. Gothic Attic 1:51
    06. Park Slope 1:29
    07. The Madison 1:02
    08. Water Not Right 1:31
    09. The Perfect Moment Twilight 1:56
    10. Unusual Student 1:19
    11. Blue Velvet Change 0:52
    12. Pittsfield 2:37
    13. Kent Demolition 0:58
    14. Piles Of Dirt 2:39
    15. Portable Toilets 1:23
    16. The Crewdson Vision 4:01
    17. Describing Hatch 1:37
    18. Confined Area 1:10
    19. Demo Baby Pictures 0:48
    20. Baby's Feisty 0:48
    21. Heating Blanket 1:09
    22. No One Else Will 0:51
    23. Right Time And Place 0:39
    24. New Tracks In The Snow 1:16
    25. Prepping The Last Shot 0:42
    26. Brief Encounter 1:07
    27. Cinecitta 2:30
    28. Crewdson Trailer 1:50
    Total Time: 44:39
    To order this CD, click here.

Final Releases of 2012 from Perseverance Records
    An unusual Eighties musical re-issue from WEA and a new horror score by Dennis Dreith. The "Holy Grail" score from the 80's had to be pushed into 2013, but trust me: It's well worth the wait.

I am very happy to offer another out of print gem to all the fans. I am also happy to read all the kind words and encouragement from all over. Thank you for a great 2012, and have a great Christmas! May the best of the past be the worst of the future.

All the best,

Robin Esterhammer
  6. Intrada ia about to release the complete "Hoosiers" soundtrack.

Frankly I never got the enthusiasm this score is surrounded with. This may have to do with the fact that I never saw the film and that my interest in Basketball is even less than the average American's interest in soccer.

The score's a bit like Goldsmith's answer to "Chariots of Fire", just not as brilliant.

But many people will be thrilled by that release. I'll stay with the original one
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  7. Captain Future wrote
    This may have to do with the fact that I never saw the film
  8. Mike Skerritt wrote
    Captain Future wrote

I'm certainly going to see it if I get the chance. You know, many films about American sports (Basketball, Baseball, American Football ...) aren't that popular in Germany and virutally never get aired on TV. But if it comes up, I'll see it and maybe that will change my opinion about this score.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  9. Kritzerland has two releases in the next batch ("Carrie" is apparently not the next one, but it's coming); one two-fer and one single. The two-fer has been guessed:

"Hot Spell" (Alex North) / "The Matchmaker" (Adolph Deutsch)
  10. Captain Future wrote
    Mike Skerritt wrote
    Captain Future wrote

I'm certainly going to see it if I get the chance. You know, many films about American sports (Basketball, Baseball, American Football ...) aren't that popular in Germany and virutally never get aired on TV. But if it comes up, I'll see it and maybe that will change my opinion about this score.

I sound like a broken record saying this over and over, but it's not so much how the score is all Rah! Rah! Rah! in the movie. It's more about seeing the very specific way Goldsmith uses the elements to reflect what's happening in the narrative. Without that context, the album would sound like a disjointed mess.

The movie is well worth your time even if you don't like basketball. One of Hackman's very best performances.
  11. December 11, 2012
    Charmed Album Officially Canceled

Sorry, folks, but it's official. CBS just doesn't want to work with us. The composer is now trying to shop the album around to other labels. I'll keep you posted.

The 2CD set had been announced, with tracklisting, earlier this year.
  12. It appears the other Kritzerland title has been guessed:

"Who's Got The Action" (George Duning)
  13. More CD's being discontinued from Intrada:

The Day of the Locust (John Barry)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6485/.f

The Kremlin Letter (Robert Drasnin)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6928/.f

The Postman Always Rings Twice (Michael Small)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7515/.f
  14. The remaining unguessed Kritzerland, has been guessed -- and it's a two-fer:

"Hud" (Elmer Bernstein) / "The Lonely Man" (Van Cleave)

Van Cleave's The Lonely Man it is and I have to tell you, it's a GREAT score to an under-appreciated film and it actually pairs perfectly. All that and a Tennessee Ernie Ford vocal.
  15. Low qauntites at Perseverance Records (this is only a listing really low ones; they have others listed):

GAG (Dennis Dreith): 40 copies
    Dark Skies (Hoeing/Snow): 170 copies
    The Prophecy II (David C. Williams): 30 copies
  16. justin boggan wrote
    The remaining unguessed Kritzerland, has been guessed -- and it's a two-fer:

"Hud" (Elmer Bernstein) / "The Lonely Man" (Van Cleave)

Van Cleave's The Lonely Man it is and I have to tell you, it's a GREAT score to an under-appreciated film and it actually pairs perfectly. All that and a Tennessee Ernie Ford vocal.

Less than 280 copies remaining of the Bernstein/Cleave combo.
  17. Posted yesterday at FSM:

More Lee Holdridge is coming in 2013....

Ford A. Thaxton

When a thread asking for more scores by the composer, was finally answered by the Thaxtonite.
  18. New releases from Quartet Records:
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2013
    Saw this on facebook. Definitely getting the Fernando, career seems to be in the elevator as we say.
  19. New Music Box CD's, including a new Delerue:
  20. New releases from Beat Records:
  21. Over at the Underscores forum, Music Box Records posts (in French) that they are working on "The French Revolution" (Delerue):

Nous sommes en train de travailler sur la réédition de La Révolution Française. Nous espérons pouvoir repartir des bandes si le producteur arrive à remettre la main sur le matériel. Il faut savoir motiver nos chers éditeurs français.

They also give an update for low quantities:

- THE HOUSE ON CARROLL STREET (MBR-019) - moins de 150 exemplaires
    - COURTS MÉTRAGES (MBR-018) - moins de 50 exemplaires
    - L'IMPRÉCATEUR... (MBR-016) - moins de 110 exemplaires
    - MAMA DRACULA (MBR-015) - moins de 80 exemplaires
    - DEUX HEURES MOINS LE QUART... (MBR-014) - moins de 90 exemplaires
    - AGENT TROUBLE... (MBR-011) - moins de 150 exemplaires
    - OVERBOARD (MBR-007) - moins de 40 exemplaires
  22. NEW KRITZERLAND: HUD/THE LONELY MAN! BERNSTEIN (Kritzerland)

Fewer than 125 copies left.
  23. New John Barry release coming:

Tuesday Jan 29, 2013 at 1 pm

Never released Barry -- EVER!

Oh, yeah!

MV
  24. Tim will be so pleased smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh