• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    I hope a better score than Road to El Dorado...

Anyway...beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Fun? Like the 'fun' that was the rubbish SIMPSONS MOVIE (score and movie)? No thanks! wink

I wouldn't say it was rubbish but it was deeply disappointing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

Anyway...beer

Then you will be disappointed, that's a tough score to top.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Anyway...beer

Yeah, Road to El Dorado is one awesome score! I doubt anything will top it too easily...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Anyway...beer

No is not.

Did you hear the expandeds around? Too synthy.....

Too many diferent ideas and Styles...Zimmer tracks are too small and dramatic, and the powell ones to epic.

It's uncoherent.

the 3 tracks fom the Album are very good (specially the Powell One), but the whole score from the movie has too weak parts to make a good score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And it sounds like RC in my books, so I dislike it by default. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Anyway...beer

No is not.

Did you hear the expandeds around? Too synthy.....

Too many diferent ideas and Styles...Zimmer tracks are too small and dramatic, and the powell ones to epic.

It's uncoherent.

the 3 tracks fom the Album are very good (specially the Powell One), but the whole score from the movie has too weak parts to make a good score.

Well you're wrong. It's great fun and that's all that matters, so stop getting so hung up on coherency and synths and just enjoy the bloody thing! rolleyes
  1. wave wave wave wave

Hey !

Wake up !!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    wave wave wave wave

Hey !

Wake up !!! biggrin

Bonjour, Hybrid Soldier!

Nice to see you here! biggrin
  2. Little analysis of the King Arthur complete score...smile

Track Name-------------------------------Appears--Appears--------------------Comment---------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------in movie--in album--------------------------------------------------------
    CD1------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1------Prologue---------------------------Yes-------Woad To Ruin---------------/------------------------------------
    2------Prologue (Short Version)-------No--------/-------------------------------Alternate--------------------------
    3------Prologue (Alternate)------------No--------/-------------------------------Alternate---------------------------
    4------Woads Attack--------------------Yes--------Woad To Ruin---------------/------------------------------------
    5------Enemy Life------------------------Yes--------/--------------------------------/---------------------------------
    6------Back To Hadrian's Wall (Alt I)--Yes/No---/------------------------------Only first part is used in film---
    7------Back To Hadrian's Wall (Alt II)-No--------Do You Think I'm Saxon?-Alternate--------------------------
    8------Back To Hadrian's Wall----------No/Yes---/------------------------------Only second half is used in film
    9------Into The Castle-------------------Yes-------Hold The Ice-----------------/------------------------------------
    10----To Freedom!----------------------Yes--------/--------------------------------/----------------------------------
    11----Final Orders-----------------------Yes--------Do You Think I'm Saxon? /------------------------------------
    12----Mercy For My Knights------------Yes-------/--------------------------------/-----------------------------------
    13----Lancelot & Arthur-----------------No--------/-------------------------------Film version is the alternate---
    14----Lancelot & Arthur (Alternate)---Yes-------/-------------------------------/------------------------------------
    15----On The Road----------------------Yes-------/-----------------------------Appears between track 23 & 24
    16----Saxons------------------------------Yes-------/-------------------------------/-----------------------------------
    17----Saxon's Leader--------------------Yes-------/-------------------------------/-----------------------------------
    18----The Knights March----------------Yes-------Woad To Ruin---------------/------------------------------------
    19----Saxon's Plan----------------------Yes-------/-------------------------------/-------------------------------------
    20----Woads Trap-----------------------Yes-------/-------------------------------/------------------------------------
    21----Marius' Evilness------------------Yes/No---/-------------------------------Film version is slightly different
    22----Ready To Go----------------------Yes-------/--------------------------------/-----------------------------------
    23----Prison Of Hell---------------------Yes-------/-------------------------------/------------------------------------
    24----Guinevere-------------------------Yes-------/--------------------------------/-----------------------------------
    25----Destruction------------------------Yes------/--------------------------------/-----------------------------------
    26----Burn It All---------------------------Yes------/--------------------------------/----------------------------------
    27----Fairy Tales-------------------------Yes------/---------------------------------/----------------------------------
    28----A Bad Omen-----------------------Yes-------/--------------------------------/-----------------------------------
    29----Looking At Her--------------------Yes-------Hold The Ice-----------------/------------------------------------
    30----Arthur & Merlin (Memories)----Yes-------Hold The Ice (Shortened)-/-------------------------------------
    31----Marius' Death - Help Or Die----Yes-------/--------------------------------/------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CD2------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1------Your Rome Doesn't Exist-------Yes------/------------------------------------/---------------------------------
    2------The Ice Battle (Part 1)-----------Yes-----/-------------------------------------/-------------------------------
    3------The Ice Battle (Part 2)-----------Yes---An. Brick In H.'s W. (Shortened)-/--------------------------------
    4------Back Behind The Wall-----------Yes-----/-------------------------------------/--------------------------------
    5------Free--------------------------------Yes----An. Brick In Hadrian's Wall--------/-------------------------------
    6------Dragonet's Funeral--------------No-------/------------------------------This track doesn't appear in film
    7------Blessed & Cursed----------------Yes---An. Brick In Hadrian's Wall--------/--------------------------------
    8------The Scar Of Disgrace------------Yes-----/--------------------------------------/-------------------------------
    9------Arthur & Guinivere---------------Yes---All Of Them!-------------------Appears between track 11 & 12
    10----Last Night--------------------------No-----/--------------------------------This track doesn't appear in film
    11----War---------------------------------Yes----/---------------------------------------/------------------------------
    12----Goodbyes - Woads Are Here---Yes---All Of Them!--------------------------/--------------------------------
    13----Face To Face Speech------------Yes----/---------------------------------------/-------------------------------
    14----Rus! (Part 1)----------------------Yes---An. Brick In H.'s W. (Shortened)--/--------------------------------
    15----Rus! (Part 2)----------------------Yes---Do You Think I'm Saxon?-----------/--------------------------------
    16----Rain Of Arrows-------------------Yes---D'You Think I'm S.? (Shortened)-/---------------------------------
    17----Gates Of Hell - Fire--------------Yes----Budget Meeting (Shortened)----/---------------------------------
    18----Second Trap----------------------Yes-----/--------------------------------Appears between track 19 & 20
    19----Woads Charge--------------------Yes----/----------------------------------------/------------------------------
    20----Arthur's Charge-------------------Yes----/----------------------------------------/------------------------------
    21----Into The Battle-------------------Yes----Budget Meeting (Shortened)-----/--------------------------------
    22----The Last Battle--------------------Yes---Budget Meeting (Shortened)-----/--------------------------------
    23----Lancelot's Death------------------No-----/----------------------------------------Is a Final Fight Alternate-
    24----Final Fight--------------------------Yes---Budget Meeting----------------------/-------------------------------
    25----The Legend------------------------Yes--All Of Them!----------------------------/------------------------------
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008 edited
    Hiya Stephane wave

Just looking at you're profile don't you like anything other than Zimmer and MV?

French composers?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008 edited
    Nice one! Hopefully there'll be a better quality version of the King Arthur complete tongue
  3. Timmer wrote
    Hiya Stephane wave

Just looking at you're profile don't you like anything other than Zimmer and MV?

French composers?

No really... biggrin biggrin biggrin

French composers are too much in a "classical" style, like Rombi or Desplat (French Qualité slant )... The only French I like is Erwann Kermorvant...

But I'm a huge fan of JNH, Poledouris and some other great names of the film music world : Silvestri, T. Jones, Goldsmith, Williams...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hiya Stephane wave

French composers?

No really... biggrin biggrin biggrin

French composers are too much in a "classical" style, like Rombi or Desplat (French Qualité slant )... The only French I like is Erwann Kermorvant...

But I'm a huge fan of JNH, Poledouris and some other great names of the film music world : Silvestri, T. Jones, Goldsmith, Williams...

Cool Stephane cool

But are you not familiar with the likes of Legrand, Delerue or Philippe Sarde? Three of my very favourite composers.

I've heard nothing by Erwann Kermorvant? I'm interested to know as long as it doesn't sound like Zimmer or MV clones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    And what about Eric Serra? He's pretty contemporary in tone and not that farfetched if you like Zimmer.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    Demetris,

Yes, I'm serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mate, Blackhawk down is perhaps Zimmer's most varied and engaging score, not to mention a hugely influential mix of styles since truly dozens of scores that are heavily influenced by that work have appeared since, some of them by major composers as well! It has so much vigor, originality and power innit - plus one of the most heartbreaking main themes ("leave no man behind") Zimmer has ever written, how can you not like it? Have you watched the movie?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mate, Blackhawk down is perhaps Zimmer's most varied and engaging score, not to mention a hugely influential mix of styles since truly dozens of scores that are heavily influenced by that work have appeared since, some of them by major composers as well! It has so much vigor, originality and power innit - plus one of the most heartbreaking main themes ("leave no man behind") Zimmer has ever written, how can you not like it? Have you watched the movie?

It's a great movie and a great score, possibly my favourite Zimmer score.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I an attempt to maintain balance, I don't like the score at all. For me, one of Zimmer's that just doesn't "click". Though I do admit that I have not seen the movie - and have no plans to watch it either.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it ranks VERY highly for me as well, just on 4th place, after gladiator, the thin red line, da vinci code. After BHD comes the last samurai, pearl harbor, tears of the sun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

I love the movie, One of the best war movies Ever made. And for sure, One of Scott's best movies.

And Yes, BHD is one of the most influential scores, but it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

I appreciate a lot the sound, and the ideas in it.

For Example:"Still" is a 5 minuts track, that really has nothing to do with me. A too pure vocals, wich lacks of feelng; "Synchrotone" too experimental ( I wonder if this lenghty track is by Wesson);
    "vale of plenty", "bakara" or "mogadishu blues" can't be consireted "score" cues. Too pre-fabricated.

"Ashes to Ashes" or "leave no Man Behind" are my favourite ones, one for his atmospheric sound and the other one because it's, yes, one of Zimmer's best melodies.

(And the recent "the greatest Tragedy" reminds me to it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "Still" is full of pain and agony mate, a VERY touching and emotionally intense composition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I an attempt to maintain balance, I don't like the score at all. For me, one of Zimmer's that just doesn't "click". Though I do admit that I have not seen the movie - and have no plans to watch it either.

Believe me Alan, it gains a whole new dimension and meaning after you've watched the film; why not see it btw? Unless you don't like war films, BHD is a spectacular movie in all aspects.
  5. I remember some time ago having the movie recommended to me so that I could "appreciate" Zimmer's music better. I don't have an aversion to war movies, but I have so little time to watch movies nowadays that I have to be really selective as to what I watch - and Black Hawk Down comes way down my list.

The subject matter just doesn't interest me. And there's not enough on CD that really grabs my attention that would make me want to seek out the film.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Believe me Alan, it gains a whole new dimension and meaning after you've watched the film; why not see it btw? Unless you don't like war films, BHD is a spectacular movie in all aspects.

Don't beleve him. Because, A lot of the music in the soundtrack is not in the movie. So ... It can't gains a whole new nothig tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Believe me Alan, it gains a whole new dimension and meaning after you've watched the film

That´s true. Some nice variations of "Leave no Man Behind" that are worth listen to if I´m not mistaken (it´s ages since I´ve watched the film). Not one of my favs from Zimmer, but surely one that is perfect within the film.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Believe me Alan, it gains a whole new dimension and meaning after you've watched the film

That´s true. Some nice variations of "Leave no Man Behind" that are worth listen to if I´m not mistaken (it´s ages since I´ve watched the film). Not one of my favs from Zimmer, but surely one that is perfect within the film.

Is perfect like Score , Like And Album? Like Influence?

Is perfect the music realesed officially? the music in the movie? The Whole thing heard as one?

Dude...I really can discuss a lot about all the BHD music thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You remind me of Thor biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I like Zimmer's score to Black Hawk Down but I particularly love that DVD featurette about the music. Crazy stuff! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Is perfect like Score , Like And Album? Like Influence?

Is perfect the music released officially? the music in the movie? The Whole thing heard as one?

Dude...I really can discuss a lot about all the BHD music thing.

As in it's a truly beautiful and instantly memorable, heartbreaking theme that's hugely enjoyable in all forms.