• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Believe me Alan, it gains a whole new dimension and meaning after you've watched the film

That´s true. Some nice variations of "Leave no Man Behind" that are worth listen to if I´m not mistaken (it´s ages since I´ve watched the film). Not one of my favs from Zimmer, but surely one that is perfect within the film.

Is perfect like Score , Like And Album? Like Influence?

Is perfect the music realesed officially? the music in the movie? The Whole thing heard as one?

Dude...I really can discuss a lot about all the BHD music thing.

Is perfect IN the movie, I think the score captures the mood and the feeling of the script in a perfect way.
    So, as a score I have to say it´s perfect too, ´cause it serves the film as it has to, and it was a very difficult film to put music to.
    As an album, I´m afraid I haven´t listened it more than two or three times, I simply can´t enjoy the music outside the film.
    As an influence, well, I´m saying nothing new, it has influenced ALL the scores produced later for war films.
    As for the released score I couldn´t care less, as I don´t enjoy it at all.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    Batman Score, `Frost/Nixon,' Concert Tour Keep Hans Zimmer Busy

When Zimmer wraps up his movie work, he'll start preparing for a worldwide concert tour, his first full-length performances in eight years.

"You have to risk everything from time to time,'' he said. "The death of creativity is getting set in your ways.''

Gerrard may join Zimmer on his worldwide tour next year. In the meantime, he's trying to pare down a preliminary set list that contains eight hours of music.

"I've done more than 100 movies,'' Zimmer said. "I should be able to find some pieces that are enjoyable to play and listen to.''

-> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … U13G3Od_0c
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    ``I've been sitting here all night trying to find out what else to do with those two notes,'

Oops! Two notes... crazy

anyway...8 hours of concert! ( I will not complaint about this one) beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow!

We'll need to be there.
    Ghent! Ghent! Ghent!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hehe... good old Hans. I'd probably go to a concert - imagine it would be a lot of fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcbain
    I sure would go... if it's in Europe! Can't believe I missed the concert in Ghent sadsadsad
  1. Mcbain wrote
    I sure would go... if it's in Europe! Can't believe I missed the concert in Ghent sadsadsad

I was there, what a great experience it was. I hope he returns to Gent because he really had a lot of fun here, as it was his first real concert.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    ``I've been sitting here all night trying to find out what else to do with those two notes,'

Oops! Two notes... crazy

Have faith! Hans has done wonder with just two notes before. Remember that he expanded the original "two notes" Batman "theme" into the longer version for the Batmobile chase.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I hope he'll go to Seattle or California!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Oops! Two notes... crazy

Have faith! Hans has done wonder with just two notes before. Remember that he expanded the original "two notes" Batman "theme" into the longer version for the Batmobile chase.

Don't remind me of that, I've just eaten!
  2. I've only seen BHD once, but my lasting impression of the music in the film was of the fairly brutal surgery done to the Lisa Gerrard - Deniz Prigent track in the film's closing minutes. Way to go to make a very good piece sound awkward and rushed.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008 edited
    Only it's nothing like that, in reality.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've only seen BHD once, but my lasting impression of the music in the film was of the fairly brutal surgery done to the Lisa Gerrard - Deniz Prigent track in the film's closing minutes. Way to go to make a very good piece sound awkward and rushed.

It´s Ridley Scott after all. He likes to mess around with the music in his films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I thought the score was the best thing about BHD. Better to experience it on album though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    Don't remind me of that, I've just eaten!

Ummm, you weren't my target audience! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008 edited
    Y'all probably seen this off the HZ site -- but for the rest, there's a new article posted -- touching
    on Black Knight, and future plans!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … U13G3Od_0c
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    plus one of the most heartbreaking main themes ("leave no man behind") Zimmer has ever written, how can you not like it? Have you watched the movie?

You mean written by Simon and Garfunkel. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    plus one of the most heartbreaking main themes ("leave no man behind") Zimmer has ever written, how can you not like it? Have you watched the movie?

-Erik-

'fraid tis the truth he speaks!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Which song is it btw?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Which song is it btw?

Scarborough Fair

It's actually a traditional English folk song from the 16th century.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Similarity is there, but not a copy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Harry Gregson-Williams think so...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Soo...? Where's the link?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Oh come on, I can whistle and is sure it will sound like something too. If you want to criticise Zimmer, do it right, not with sooooo weak arguments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Soo...? Where's the link?

Link to what?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Oh come on, I can whistle and is sure it will sound like something too. If you want to criticise Zimmer, do it right, not with sooooo weak arguments.

It's not weak... it sounds like a carbon copy of Scarborough Fair.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

rolleyes
    Whatever.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

rolleyes
    Whatever.....

It's not my fault that you can't hear it.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

rolleyes
    Whatever.....

It's not my fault that you can't hear it.

-Erik-

And it´s not mine that you hear what you want to hear wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I hear it too. sad
    Sorry.

It's there for at least the first half of the theme; then it takes a bit an other bow. Again (!!!) a dream crashed.
    Kazoo