• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    The Seventh Circle of Hell?

You really think he'll come to Holland? Yay! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    Please Erik and Demetris, give me reasons Why you consider Gladiator a good score...

I know you love this Zimmer score.

thanks.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Please Erik and Demetris, give me reasons Why you consider Gladiator a good score...

thanks.

A Zimmer love massage
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

thanks.

A Zimmer love massage

No , because I don't like Gladitor.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

thanks.

A Zimmer love massage

I learn something new everyday!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

thanks.

A Zimmer love massage

You're weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I hate to ask, but what does Jordi like better than Gladiator? Name just one score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008 edited
    At World's End? Just a wild guess.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    I hate to ask, but what does Jordi like better than Gladiator? Name just one score.

The Da Vinci Code is far, far a better score.

The last Samurai is another far, far a better score.

Both more coherents, personals and matures.

At world's End and King Arthur are fore more enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

The Da Vinci Code is far, far a better score.

The last Samurai is another far, far a better score.

Both more coherents, personals and matures.

At world's End and King Arthur are fore more enjoyable.

This is debatable. Da Vinci does not have the length of Gladiator -- nor (in my opinion) as much development -- many of the tracks feel a little repetative.
    Also Gladiator feels much more serious than At World End -- it's a very good score. (Don't forget
    the More Music From as well.)
    I think this is a matter of opinion... as most things here are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi, GLADIATOR and THE THIN RED LINE admittedly surpasses everything that Zimmer has written in his career so far; even your most beloved AT WORLD'S END - which itself carries elements from Gladiator among others. You just have to realize and let go wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jordi, GLADIATOR and THE THIN RED LINE admittedly surpasses everything that Zimmer has written in his career so far; even your most beloved AT WORLD'S END - which itself carries elements from Gladiator among others. You just have to realize and let go wink

I can but hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    The Lion King and The Prince of Egypt are my favourites. Lion King is my #1 loved score actually (along with Return of The King) and I don't think it will ever go down one step from that place! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

Including The Da Vinci Code?
  1. Is everybody here a fan of the superb final track 'Drink up me Hearties' of POTC: At World's End? I'm too and I mixed it completely over the three trailers of the POTC films, the result is really worth it shame

Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (Drink up me Hearties) shortened http://www.mediafire.com/?n4yybighxja
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

In my already stated opinion yes. Da Vinci lacks the development. And, in my opinion again, it's too repetative -- which I believe is linked directly to the fact that it's underdeveloped.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    bartley wrote

In my already stated opinion yes. Da Vinci lacks the development. And, in my opinion again, it's too repetative -- which I believe is linked directly to the fact that it's underdeveloped.

The Da Vinci Code is Zimmer's most coherent and well devoloped Zimmer score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    ...Just as much thought went into the musical score for “Kung Fu Panda” (using an orchestra with instruments!) as into the film’s tapestry of sounds. In a move that mirrored the sound design collaboration of Van der Ryn and Aadahl, filmmakers sought to bring onboard two composers, and were elated when the Academy Award®-winning composer Hans Zimmer and award winner John Powell agreed to work together to create the score.

“We knew from the outset that we wanted an orchestral score with no contemporary songs to disrupt the timeless feel of our story,” says Stevenson. “We also wanted an epic musical soundscape to compliment our spectacular production design and big action set pieces, and we also wanted to be able to downshift and be small and intimate. Lastly we wanted a score that felt Chinese in its orchestration but was accessible to Western audiences. Zimmer and Powell’s beautiful music enriches and deepens the emotional experience of watching ‘Kung Fu Panda’ in ways we could not have imagined.”

Osborne picks up, “We have watched the movie hundreds of times by now — we know it inside and out and there is nothing about it that surprises us as the filmmakers anymore. But, the first time we heard it accompanied by Hans and John’s score, all of us found ourselves moved to tears on more than one occasion. It is a truly beautiful score that binds and unifies the world of ‘Kung Fu Panda.’ We are very proud to have Hans and John’s music in our movie.”...

Good to hear that there will be no songs but we're still waiting for a cd release announcement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No songs!

Wooow! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I wonder if Hans will use the nipple gong in the score. spin I wonder how Hans and John got joined together for the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    lp wrote
    I wonder if Hans will use the nipple gong in the score. spin I wonder how Hans and John got joined together for the movie.

Sure that's the kinda question you wanna ask in the same paragraph as 'nipple gong'? shocked
  2. ...Just as much thought went into the musical score for “Kung Fu Panda” (using an orchestra with instruments!)

Is there an orchestra WITHOUT instruments? spin

On the other hand I think that's called MV
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2008
    Steven wrote
    lp wrote

Sure that's the kinda question you wanna ask in the same paragraph as 'nipple gong'? shocked

Sure. I also wonder if either composer is a nipple gong kind of guy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    Steven wrote
    lp wrote

y'WHAT?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote
    Steven wrote
    lp wrote

y'WHAT?

It was a simple enough question.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Good, no songs. That was one of my main concerns for this movie. I'm looking forward to this a lot more now. It will be interesting to see how they composed cues (together, or seperate like before). As Powell has developed is own sound now, I wonder if it will be easier to tell who did what (or it might just sound like MV again). dizzy beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Reading that piece just makes me laugh. They talk so seriously about this film, and yet they decided to name it "Kung Fu Panda".
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nothing will be so fu_king great than At world's End + suites, But Ey! King Fu Panda score could be fuc_ing amazing!

HOIST THE COLOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!

Nanana nananaananana

tinc
    tinc

Nana nana!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall