• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007
    Steven wrote
    Right, third time lucky... will this friggin' post survive!!? (Something's up with the site today.)

Die Hard 4.0 | Marco Beltrami

Just seen the film, and I thought the score was very exciting. Fun, non-melodic action score!

Saw the film the other week too, man it was preposterous but I was entertained all the way through and I quite enjoyed Beltrami's score but not enough to want to own it.

Maybe if I see it cheap? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PETULIA - John Barry

Fantastically chilled out early Barry score full of melody, melancholy and jazziness......cool as f**k! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Unrealeased and Remixed Pirates of Caribbean

And read this : I LIKE THE REMIXES! Am I the only One??

rolleyes

Hmmm.....YES.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HOUSE OF SAND AND FOG - James Horner

Underrated score IMO cool

p.s. Is it just me or has it been really quiet on the board since Friday?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Bee Movie - Rupert Gregson-Williams

spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Pirates Of Caribbean Trilogy (Zimmer and friends)

Not so bad...Seriously....Not so bad. In fact it's a cool trilogy!

Now With the third and the suites that are what I expected, I can enjoy much more the second one, wich is darker and more agressive.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think if you pressed Erik or James, you'll find they genuinely found it quite average. wink

Nope. I refuse to play it. I don't think I ever will again. I hated it I tells ya... HATED IT!

NP: Titanic - James Horner

Revisiting an old friend. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love this score. I played it countless times back in '97 but haven't revisited it in quite some time. You know what... this is one of the best produced album I've ever listened to. A very nice flow from one cue to the next all the way to the end. And this was Shawn Murphy's last recording for Horner... too bad really because Simon Rhodes has only managed few good recordings (The Mask of Zorro, The Four Feathers just to name few) since teaming up with Horner for Deep Impact... one of the worst recordings of all time!!! Murphy managed to shine when recording for Horner... too bad he couldn't do the same for John Williams. slant

-Erik-

Ahh... I thought It was just me (speaking Horner/Murphy). I went through recent and older Horner's works and I tend to agree overall, I prefer what Murphy did than Rhodes is doing right now. Sometimes, with Rhodes' recordings, it really sounds like synth (esp. the strings section).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007 edited
    NP The Prince of Egypt (Hans Zimmer)

shocked

Long time no see, and still one of Zimmer´s best. The themes are amazing, the songs well integrated in the film and with the score´s themes (not only reasons to sell cd´s) and with a trio of final cues ("When you Believe" - "The Red Sea" - "Goodbye Brother") totally gorgeous.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Constantine Promo (Tyler)

MY first listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    NP: Soldier - Joel McNeely

Wonderful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Pirates Of Caribbean trilogy

Wow! really...the cd's sounds much better than the Mp3 even with a 320 bit rate!

and How I said..a very interesting trilogy.... the score trilogy, a 50 minutes cd with suites and the making of the music (even if its mediocre) ? Yes please!

it's Zimmer's Star Wars (for the popular aclamation). It's Pirates Of Caribbean Antologhy. I can't wait for the RCA/Victor 2 cd's version tongue
  1. NP: Alien (Goldsmith)

Pretty good as these things go. cool
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Alien (Goldsmith)

Do you not think the main theme is a little bit annoying?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Pirates Of Caribbean trilogy

Wow! really...the cd's sounds much better than the Mp3 even with a 320 bit rate!

That's called a placebo affect.
  2. Nautilus wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

If you mean the fluttering flute, no. I love it when flutes are used for eerie effect in film scores. The echoing effect reminds me of Goldsmith's use of that device in PATTON and PLANET OF THE APES.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007
    franz_conrad wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

If you mean the fluttering flute, no. I love it when flutes are used for eerie effect in film scores. The echoing effect reminds me of Goldsmith's use of that device in PATTON and PLANET OF THE APES.

No, I like the flutes and this effect sounds. I love it!

Im talking about the main theme.....Wich is presented in the "main title" crazy
  3. Southall wrote
    Anyway, a bit of a step down to NP: Neighbours - Bill Conti. Why oh why did I spend my hard-earned money on this? Will I never learn?

I've not heard much of Conti's work, but so far I've found his work to be either very good or very bad. And not much in between!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. I have bought one Conti release - GLORIA. The main theme from that is quite enough to tide me over all these other releases.
  5. Southall wrote
    Alan, I've been trying to work out who that is in your avatar. I've narrowed it down to...

Professor David Starkey
    John Major
    Ennio Morricone

At first I thought it was Morricone, but then something doesn't quite look like him...

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … mment_1799
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007 edited
    Rudy | Jerry Goldsmith

Permission to use a terebyte of server space with the punk emoticon?

punk X 3 billion trillion
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Rudy | Jerry Goldsmith

That good!? spin

A good score but it's never blown me away like it has others according to posters on this and other boards.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    ROQUE BANOS - las 13 Rosas

This is one of the most gorgeous scores released this year; sweepingly melodic, lush and lyrical, it's simply irresistible! I still haven't decided which one's best though; this or Segunda Piel.

That's great. I would love to get them both as I trust your judgement (I LOVE Alatriste), but where do I get these stoopid CD's. crazy

The only place I know of is fnac (http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extende … dID=679022). Ebay has proved fruitless so far. Anyone know an english site that sells them???
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Steven wrote
    Rudy | Jerry Goldsmith

This was one of the last Goldsmith scores I discovered after the maestro was gone, and for me it was a kind of final symphony that recaptured all that is great about his music. The penultimate track goes from those famous knightly trumpets to great action stuff and then finishes with a heartbreaking performance of a main theme. Pure brilliance, a joy to behold for all time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was Playing : The Thin Red Line

I always said it was boring because of my experience in my earlier days as a listener, now, I revisited and.... It's one of Zimmer's best works for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light or The Lagoon (I want more of this budhistic chants) are simply amazing!!!!

NP:Batman Begins

Barbastella is one of the best music fits feelings I ever seen. And With Batman's theme played with a touchin piano!(And better in the expanded because it goes followed to the "journey to the ice")

It's a failed score, but with some really amazing moments (But ey! we are talking about 2 guys, so what less?)

Erik...the main theme is in the end credits!!!!! So, You are wrong about what you said about Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Rudy | Jerry Goldsmith

That good!? spin

A good score but it's never blown me away like it has others according to posters on this and other boards.

It's one of those scores that reminds me of a great Christmas a couple years back, so that helps a bit!

Got any scores like that? (The Lion in the Winter for example? wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Thin Red Line (Zimmer)

I builded my opinion about this score in the time i loved things like Con air. So I thought It was boring. Then ZImmer used this style in almost of his posterior efforts so I was more bored.

Now, I listen things like Solaris, United 93 or Birth....And I thought it was moment to re-listen it.

I remember hear the last minutes from the second track when the wife of one of the soldiers leave him and its really touchin, or the seventh track when a guy remember the kiss with his wife.....

And Wow.....It's really a masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I join the people who saw in this score, One of Zimmer's masterpieces. Directly to my Zimmer's top 10.

(Ironically one of the best tracks is by Powell)
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Every single score cd of the Inspector Morse series by Barrington Pheloung, for the last two days. I've been reading Colin Dexter's The Way Through The Woods with them and it's a wonderful experience.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Rudy | Jerry Goldsmith

That good!? spin

It's one of those scores that reminds me of a great Christmas a couple years back, so that helps a bit!

Got any scores like that? (The Lion in the Winter for example? wink)

The Lion In Winter is THE one for me Steven, I think it's more that I've made it a tradition to play it on Christmas day rather than any linked memory of happy times? Regardless, the score has a very christmassy feel to it in a more spiritual way than many Christmas based film scores.

Having Rudy as a special score is no bad thing cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Lion in Winter, Lion in the Winter, The Lion & The Winter, The Lion, The Winter and The Wardrobe... it's all the same. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Lion in Winter, Lion in the Winter, The Lion & The Winter, The Lion, The Winter and The Wardrobe... it's all the same. biggrin

dizzy