• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Well I'm now listening to Memoirs of a Geisha, let me just say I was wrong about this score. I once said only Sayuri's theme was the standout and not much else. I totally take back these words. Since seeing the movie already 3 times now (I love it) the music just has grown on me. It's not one of Williams' more energy-filled scores, but this one has his trademark thematic developing style and lyrical sound. The various themes all appear more then plenty and they're among his best. The chairman's theme is just so gorgeous. Also the japanese instrumentation is so un-Williams like I applaud his ability to experiment with it. He is the maestro.

May Indy 4 rule the planet.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    Could still be another April Fools joke but the JWFAN main page states the following...

"John Williams' score for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be released on the Concord label on May 20, 2008. The company will also re-release the other three Indiana Jones soundtracks at a later date."

There no news of it on the Concord site
    http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/

But HMV UK has it listed
    http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd … oon-793656

As does moviemusic.com
    http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/indianajones4

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Could still be another April Fools joke but the JWFAN main page states the following...

"John Williams' score for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be released on the Concord label on May 20, 2008. The company will also re-release the other three Indiana Jones soundtracks at a later date."

There no news of it on the Concord site
    http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/

But HMV UK has it listed
    http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd … oon-793656

As does moviemusic.com
    http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/indianajones4

-Erik-

I can't see it being an 'April fool', if it is it's a very pitiful attempt!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Odd. HMV listing it seems to give it legitimacy. But surely a little more fuss would have been made of the re-release of the other three soundtracks?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Great news (assuming it's true). I've wanted to get CD copies of the first 3 scores for ages now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Great news (assuming it's true). I've wanted to get CD copies of the first 3 scores for ages now.

I really hope so too because aside from having them on LP I don't have 'Doom' or 'Last Crusade' on CD.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wasn't Concorde a bootleg label that released a couple of expanded Williams boots and stuff (I think HOOK and LAST CRUSADE, at least)?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Yeah, I don't really buy it. Well, the information, then. If it's true (and I highly doubt it), I'd most definitely buy that. But I don't see any reason for the new Indy score to be released at something like 'Concord'? Surely it'll be a label like Sony BMG. And it was Concorde indeed that 'released' bootlegs a while ago. It's all very obscure, so I'd say it's a belated and pittiful attempt at an april fool's joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Wasn't Concorde a bootleg label that released a couple of expanded Williams boots and stuff (I think HOOK and LAST CRUSADE, at least)?

ConcordE is the bootleg label. Concord is a well known and legit jazz label.

BTW, here is the pre-order link.
    http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Kin … amp;sr=1-1

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

Yeah, but why in Indiana Jones' grand fedora would THEY release the upcoming INDY score?!?

Methinks it's a late april fool's or something and that the someone posting it meant to say ConcordE (to give us a hint about the joke). But hey, it could be true, too. Let's wait and see.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, I just found out about that amazon thingy myself, and it does look strangely legit... Maybe they said to Williams that if they'd get Indy 4, they'd be happy to rerelease Indy 1, 2 and 3 again, and that made him really happy? I dunno, but I'll believe it when I see it in stores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

Yeah, but why in Indiana Jones' grand fedora would THEY release the upcoming INDY score?!?

Methinks it's a late april fool's or something and that the someone posting it meant to say ConcordE (to give us a hint about the joke). But hey, it could be true, too. Let's wait and see.

I don't think it's that strange... I mean, how in the world did DCC Compact Discs win the rights to do the Raiders of the Lost Ark expanded release? And if you go to the Concord site you will see that they also do work in the classical field. Maybe this is how they enter the film music world.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well I'm now listening to Memoirs of a Geisha, let me just say I was wrong about this score. I once said only Sayuri's theme was the standout and not much else. I totally take back these words. Since seeing the movie already 3 times now (I love it) the music just has grown on me. It's not one of Williams' more energy-filled scores, but this one has his trademark thematic developing style and lyrical sound. The various themes all appear more then plenty and they're among his best. The chairman's theme is just so gorgeous. Also the japanese instrumentation is so un-Williams like I applaud his ability to experiment with it. He is the maestro.

Couldn't agree more; top work, very rare beauty.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Great news!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...very rare beauty.

Ever thought about patenting that? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...very rare beauty.

Ever thought about patenting that? biggrin

A RARE BEAUTY TM cool
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    It seems very odd that Concord will be releasing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I would've expected Varese, Decca or Sony to release the soundtrack.

Perhaps Concord was the only one willing to shell out the money for expanded releases (with re-use fees for Temple and Crusade), provided it got the rights to re-release Raiders and the CD/digital download release of Crystal Skull.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope we get completes of them all. I've got Raiders, but not the others! smile
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Regarding Memoirs of a Geisha, I do hope we eventually get a proper recording of the concert version of Sayuri's Theme.
    The only time I've heard it was from this radio broadcast -
    John Williams conducts the USC Thornton Symphony - October 18, 2007 - Bovard Auditorium
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008 edited
    Possible track listing for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as posted over at JWFan.com

1. Raiders March (4:21)
    2. New Mexico, 1957 The Lost Artifact (3:56)
    3. Mutt’s Theme (2:57)
    4. March Of The Soviets (2:27)
    5. “Hello Marion” (1:27)
    6. Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)* (2:35)
    7. Pursuit Through The Campus (4:27)
    8. Abner’s Tale (3:35)
    9. Hound Dog* (2:17)
    10. The Crystal Skull (2:27)
    11. Jungle Chase (6:28)
    12. Spalko’s Deal (1:22)
    13. Unforgettable* (3:10)
    14. Betrayed (3:05)
    15. Just Like Old Times (2:14)
    16. Chances Are* (3:04)
    17. "Come On Genius” (3:18)
    18. The Visitors/All Of You*/End Credits (Raiders March) (14:07)

* Denotes song tracks

I certainly don't like the idea of non-original song tracks taking up space for score tracks, but as of now, this list is unconfirmed.

steb74 wrote
    Regarding Memoirs of a Geisha, I do hope we eventually get a proper recording of the concert version of Sayuri's Theme.
    The only time I've heard it was from this radio broadcast -
    John Williams conducts the USC Thornton Symphony - October 18, 2007 - Bovard Auditorium

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Williams and Yo-Yo Ma will perform two concerts of his music from Memoirs of a Geisha in August to be recorded with a live audience and released later by Sony/BMG Masterworks.

http://www.cso.org/main.taf?p=3,11,6,1&EventID=2483
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Songs??? shocked slant
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008 edited
    David wrote
    I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Williams and Yo-Yo Ma will perform two concerts of his music from Memoirs of a Geisha in August to be recorded with a live audience and released later by Sony/BMG Masterworks.
    http://www.cso.org/main.taf?p=3,11,6,1&EventID=2483

Splendid man, it does sort of ring a bell now, here's hoping beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Songs??? shocked slant

I second that! Let's hope there will certainly be no songs on the CD, and that tracklisting is false!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008
    David wrote
    Possible track listing for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as posted over at JWFan.com

FAKE FAKE FAKE!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Any official sources that prove/disprove the track listing rumor, Erik?
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  2. Can we remove the track listing from this thread and put it in the Indianna jones specific thread so details of the film are kept from innocent eyes please?

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ng/#Item_0
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Songs??? shocked slant

I second that! Let's hope there will certainly be no songs on the CD, and that tracklisting is false!! shocked

You don't have songs in an Indy film. Look what you did Dan. Shaiman and Newman have taken over! cry biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, Temple of Doom opened with a song (Anything Goes), so it's not as if it's totally unbelievable... that's what makes this tracklisting so scary.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Well, Temple of Doom opened with a song (Anything Goes), so it's not as if it's totally unbelievable... that's what makes this tracklisting so scary.

And Williams version of Anything Goes is absolutely corking! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    David wrote

FAKE FAKE FAKE!

-Erik-

You know it's fake or you hope it's fake?