• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2008
    But the drugs, they won't let me!!!11! dizzy
  1. My finger. a ball bent it back at cricket practice and now it feels all fuzzy and hurts if I try and bend it forward all the way!!

Add that to a whole host of other injurys (groin, hamstrings, elbow, knee, shoulder, eye!!) And I think I'm the most injury prone person since Darren Anderton!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2008 edited
    What's annoying Erik currently?

innit.

I absolutely hate that.... word?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

innit.

-Erik-

Depends what kind of accent it's said in. I say it, but not in the way you're probably thinking of - I.E. I don't say 'innit geeze'... only for ironic purposes. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Went to play Lost Season 3 for the first time - opened the package which has just been sitting on my shelf for a week or so, and it dawned on me that they only sent me the first disc. Damn it!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Went to play Lost Season 3 for the first time - opened the package which has just been sitting on my shelf for a week or so, and it dawned on me that they only sent me the first disc. Damn it!

The second wasn't hiding behind the first was it? Ouch. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

innit.

-Erik-

Depends what kind of accent it's said in. I say it, but not in the way you're probably thinking of - I.E. I don't say 'innit geeze'... only for ironic purposes. wink

Agree, it's how it's said......innit! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote

Well musically speaking, you aren´t loosing much. The second cd bored me to death. Only the last four tracks had something interesting to say. In the case of track 33 ("Looking Glass Half Full") and track 36 ("Flash Forward Flashback"), very interesting things in fact.
    The first cd is the best of the three seasons though. Awesome material.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Southall wrote

Look on the positive side - does that make it a collectable? It would have been worth more if you had not opened it.
    rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

Well musically speaking, you aren´t loosing much. The second cd bored me to death. Only the last four tracks had something interesting to say. In the case of track 33 ("Looking Glass Half Full") and track 36 ("Flash Forward Flashback"), very interesting things in fact.

But considering he's paid for both. rolleyes tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

Are you serious?!?

Listen.Again.and.then.reply.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008
    Greatest Hits?
    Flying High?
    Manifesting Destiny?
    Jintimidating Bernard?
    Benonimation Of The Temple?
    Diving Desmond?
    Through The Locke-ing Glass?

NOTHING?! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Greatest Hits?
    Flying High?
    Manifesting Destiny?
    Jintimidating Bernard?
    Diving Desmond?

NOTHING?! shocked

He's talking about non liking the 2nd cd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

Oh and i couldn't agree more on this one. punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Greatest Hits?
    Flying High?
    Manifesting Destiny?
    Jintimidating Bernard?
    Diving Desmond?

NOTHING?! shocked

He's talking about non liking the 2nd cd.

That is the second CD... rolleyes tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    what? I got an.....erm *cough* advanced electronic copy *cough* till my damn colosseum cd finally arrives ( i hope that will be Monday ) and on the 2nd cd everything reads 'through the looking glass" and "gratest hits" only! angry rolleyes shame shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    what? I got an.....erm *cough* advanced electronic copy *cough* till my damn colosseum cd finally arrives ( i hope that will be Monday ) and on the 2nd cd everything reads 'through the looking glass" and "gratest hits" only! angry rolleyes shame shame

That's what you get for STEALING!!!!! Terrible ID Tags.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

But considering he's paid for both. rolleyes tongue

Well I was talking MUSICALLY. Of course they have to send James back a complete copy of the soundtrack wink

Anthony wrote
    Greatest Hits?
    Flying High?
    Manifesting Destiny?
    Jintimidating Bernard?
    Diving Desmond?

NOTHING?! shocked

Actually, the best cues, IMO, are the last 4-5 tracks. The rest left me cold. Maybe it was because I listened them right after the first (amazing) cd, so the contrast was very heavy. I have to relisten the second one, but in a first listen the standout cues were the last ones.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and ask whether you think this music would stand up alone if # 1 - You weren't a fan of LOST ( I'm not ) and # 2 - You'd never seen a single episode of LOST ( I have seen plenty ). I ask this because I have many scores in my collection that have become favourites where I've never seen the film and many that became favourites years before I eventually saw the film.

Not sure if I'll get any un-biased answers here?

p.s. I've not heard anything of season 3.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and ask whether you think this music would stand up alone if # 1 - You weren't a fan of LOST ( I'm not ) and # 2 - You'd never seen a single episode of LOST ( I have seen plenty ). I ask this because I have many scores in my collection that have become favourites where I've never seen the film and many that became favourites years before I eventually saw the film.

Haven't you read my review? http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/lost-season-3 rolleyes tongue

Christodoulides wrote

So you have 37 tracks named Greatest Hits and Through The Looking Glass?

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/5346036 … oduct.html wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    Well I was talking MUSICALLY. Of course they have to send James back a complete copy of the soundtrack wink

Sadly, they won't, since it was a promo. I'm actually going to have to (gasp!) pay for it - already ordered.

I can see Timmer's point. I don't know if I would like it so much if I hadn't seen the show, but it beats any other television music around at the moment, that's for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    What annoyed me last night was the unbelievable electrical storm we had here. I was sitting typing away at a review with thunder and lightning all around when I saw a lightning bolt hit the top of the building opposite our house. I thought I'd better switch the computer off (danger of a power surge) until the storm was over - which turned out to not be until two hours later. So I didn't get to finish the review. But on the other hand, I drank a bottle of wine and watched Eyes Wide Shut.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

Actually, the best cues, IMO, are the last 4-5 tracks. The rest left me cold. Maybe it was because I listened them right after the first (amazing) cd, so the contrast was very heavy. I have to relisten the second one, but in a first listen the standout cues were the last ones.

Re-listen when in the mood mate. There's a lot of good material in the second CD, most of the highlights already posted by Anthony above. Good stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote

Sadly, they won't, since it was a promo. I'm actually going to have to (gasp!) pay for it - already ordered.

I can see Timmer's point. I don't know if I would like it so much if I hadn't seen the show, but it beats any other television music around at the moment, that's for sure.

Joel Goldsmith's television scores are certainly a worth contender, and McCreary's work on Battlestar Galactica. I think Giacchino's scores for Lost give the series so much of its personality that when listening to it on CD, it's an experience as well as a damn good score. This is why I love the Lost scores so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote

Joel Goldsmith's television scores are certainly a worth contender, and McCreary's work on Battlestar Galactica. I think Giacchino's scores for Lost give the series so much of its personality that when listening to it on CD, it's an experience as well as a damn good score. This is why I love the Lost scores so much.

Not even close, they are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote

Not even close, they are.

If you say so. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven mate, just put the disc in. Listen to " Ocean's Apart" loud, feel it. There's nothing in any tv music now that comes even close to that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven mate, just put the disc in. Listen to " Ocean's Apart" loud, feel it. There's nothing in any tv music now that comes even close to that.

I've listened to it 4 times, though I'm afraid I can't put a disc in anything since I use my HD at uni. wink

It is great, but it's not the only TV score that's good IMO. It is perhaps the one of the best examples of where the music is imperative to the story, perfectly suited for the show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote

Re-listen when in the mood mate. There's a lot of good material in the second CD, most of the highlights already posted by Anthony above. Good stuff.

Ok, I´m doing a Jordi, sorry, but I´ve relistened cd 2 and I have to change my mind completely shame
    Maybe I was too excited about the greatness of the first cd to fully appreciate the music of the second one. But that´s why a relisten is useful to isn´t it? tongue
    But the thing is that not only the tracks that Anthony mentioned are the highlights of the season finale. A lot of good music, not reaching the greatness of the first cd IMO, but GOOD music after all, and finishing with the last five tracks, which make for a perfect ending, both musically and dramatically (" Looking Glass Half Full" has to be THE track we all wanted, as it reminds us the cliffhanger of season 3, with Charlie´s fate).
  3. Timmer wrote

I've never seen a single episode of Lost so I would not call myself a fan of the series! But I do have CDs 1 and 2 and I'm awaiting the arrival of the new 2-CD set, probably because I think that Giacchino has a lot to offer as a composer and I'm interested to hear what he has done with this franchise.

I'd say that these scores are okay and I'm sure that I am losing out in terms of listening experience by not having seen the programmes. But this is true for a lot of Giacchino's music - which is fine.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn