• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008
    I concur with Alan.

And I *have* seen the show shocked (well, up to season 2 anyway).

I never noticed the music as a stand out in the show (which is fine), and I think it's OK on CD (which is fine as well). To be honest I can't really see why there are some valued contributors here going absolutely bananas over it.

Guess they're a bit...lost?

shame
    Sorry.
    Truly awful pun.
    I will castigate myself severely.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008 edited
    You are soooo going to be depowerized!

*setups Smokey to flash you*
    *sends evil eye patched and undead Russian to your house*
    *ice bear fights in your bedroom (no more sleep!)*
    *magnetic anamolies and purple eye blinding lights reach your kitchen*
    *Michael killing your lolcats by accident*

Your house will become World Worst Meeting Place!

:thunder:
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    :scowl:

Do NOT trifle with ME, young man...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Some people living near me are having a dinner party. They're all making a lot of noise and sound very drunk. No point in me trying to go to sleep now... rolleyes slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008 edited
    And I envy anyone who was able to go to Dark Delicacies today! sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    I concur with Alan.

And I *have* seen the show shocked (well, up to season 2 anyway).

I never noticed the music as a stand out in the show (which is fine), and I think it's OK on CD (which is fine as well). To be honest I can't really see why there are some valued contributors here going absolutely bananas over it.

Guess they're a bit...lost?

shame
    Sorry.
    Truly awful pun.
    I will castigate myself severely.

I totally agree with you and Alan.

Exceptional scoring for a TV series but at the same time nothing that makes me go "bananas" over the music. Good and worthy, very listenable, but nothing that would lead me to the 'gushing' accolades that some people here heap upon it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008
    My poor sunburnt arms... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    An almost sublime piece of hypocrisy last night.

Watching the UEFA Cup final between Glasgow Rangers and Zenit St Petersburg - all around the stadium, anti-racist posters and billboards.

And the hypocrisy? Zenit St Petersburg does not allow any black players to play for it.
  1. As a rule? shocked

Maybe those anti-racist posters were against them and the recent scandals in Poland?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Southall wrote

Watching the UEFA Cup final between Glasgow Rangers and Zenit St Petersburg - all around the stadium, anti-racist posters and billboards.

And the hypocrisy? Zenit St Petersburg does not allow any black players to play for it.

Good too, to see that Football violence is as alive and healthy as ever rolleyes slant sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Good too, to see that Football violence is as alive and healthy as ever rolleyes slant sad

The Scots generally put us English to shame when it comes to behaviour... so it was strange to see it coming from them.
  2. Southall wrote
    The Scots generally put us English to shame when it comes to behaviour... so it was strange to see it coming from them.

I was quite surprised to hear of the trouble - I'd heard that there was some fighting amongst Rangers fans, too!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Southall wrote

I'm happy the Gers lost !

Go Celtic ! beer

And go l'Olympique Lyonnais, MY club ! punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    sad
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Whatver, a sad day. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008 edited
    Last night at about 2 in the morning I had a serious case of the munchies (no, not because of that wink) and decided to cook a steak. As they so often are, my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I couldn't finish the rest. So I plated it up and put it on the stove to have in the morning... guess which stove I didn't turn off.

Got up this morning to the smell of cremated cow. I'm kinda in the doghouse with my flatmates at the moment. Oops.
  4. My neighbours...

Burning something... I don't know what... slant

But it's forbidden, and my house is now full of smoke & dust... crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Last night at about 2 in the morning I had a serious case of the munchies (no, not because of that wink) and decided to cook a steak. As they so often are, my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I couldn't finish the rest. So I plated it up and put it on the stove to have in the morning... guess which stove I didn't turn off.

Got up this morning to the smell of cremated cow. I'm kinda in the doghouse with my flatmates at the moment. Oops.

"munchies" eh? wink

I did a similar thing not too many years back, put a Lamb joint in the oven at about 12.30 early morning, that 1 hr 20 min cooking time turned into nearly 5 hours because I fell asleep watching some rubbish on TV.There was a tiny piece of barely edible meat in the centre of the incinerated joint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

"munchies" eh? wink

I did a similar thing not too many years back, put a Lamb joint in the oven at about 12.30 early morning, that 1 hr 20 min cooking time turned into nearly 5 hours because I fell asleep watching some rubbish on TV.There was a tiny piece of barely edible meat in the centre of the incinerated joint.

It still smells! vomit It's HORRIBLE.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    perhaps loads of garlic, cabbage and onions cooked to death will help mask it? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Dunno. We sprayed a fair amount of Febreze in there already, but it just adds a strong smell of Febreze on top of cremated cow. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008 edited
    Oh, and I think I might have mentioned this before?

The quick version...

1999 , I'm off to Nepal for two Months so the day before I leave I want a last roast dinner before leaving and cook up a chicken.

Mel's at Uni in Cardiff, 3 weeks after I left Mel comes to Bristol to visit friends and stays at my place.

Mell decides to heat up a frozen pizza and so pre-heats the oven.

Guess who left the remains of a half eaten chicken carcus in the oven rotting for 3 weeks......in AUGUST! shame wink

I'm sure glad I wasn't there to smell that! shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You went for two months to Nepal?

I knew you did and you already told some fabulous stories, but ... two months! Wow.

You've to tell a lot when I'm in Bristol man!
    What an adventures you did.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Last night at about 2 in the morning I had a serious case of the munchies (no, not because of that wink) and decided to cook a steak.

You had a steak at 2AM? You have successfully passed the manliness test! Only true men would have a steak at that hour! wink biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Last night at about 2 in the morning I had a serious case of the munchies (no, not because of that wink) and decided to cook a steak.

You had a steak at 2AM? You have successfully passed the manliness test! Only true men would have a steak at that hour! wink biggrin

biggrin cool

Different from the 2 AM kebab I guess? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    You went for two months to Nepal?

I knew you did and you already told some fabulous stories, but ... two months! Wow.

You've to tell a lot when I'm in Bristol man!
    What an adventures you did.

On three different occasions! ( six Months in all ) cool

I have no intention of boring anyone to death though! spin smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

biggrin cool

Different from the 2 AM kebab I guess? wink

Do 15 euros worth of McDonald's at 4 a.m count as well?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    No offense, but all the INDIANA JONES debates - which over-analyze the hell out of everything - annoy me a lot lately. Yes, i know, my problem.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    No offense, but all the INDIANA JONES debates - which over-analyze the hell out of everything - annoy me a lot lately. Yes, i know, my problem.

Me too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008 edited
    But... but... but I was just preparing an extensive post detailing the psychological Freudian background of Indy's fear of snakes and how it is referenced musically throughout in Williams' use of woodwinds in Always (note how clever the title of the film references the concept of "perpetuity " which of course is a pre-eminent aspect of a severe psychological disorder), and Spielberg's pre-empting it by instilling a sense of "fear" into the earlier Jaws as well (which -coincidentally? I think not!- was scored by John Williams as well!)...

...but I think I'll just forget it then. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Me too.

You have no idea how often I feel like that with new releases I won't get anyway.
    Oh well, it saves you some time on the forum! Just skip any post with Williams, Indy or Skull in it.
    cheesy