• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2008 edited
    To answer your first questions, no there will be no more printed copies of Toomey. Regarding downloads, it really depends on the title. But with very few exceptions can downloads match CD sales of our titles.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    moviescore wrote
    ... with very few exceptions can downloads match CD sales of our titles.

You mean CD sales exceed downloads?
    Really?
    shocked
    mmmm. That's rather disappointing. sad

Oh my... I suddenly feel like I've been dropped into a "Guess The Score" game hosted by Joep. dizzy
    Hmmm...Initial guess: Chris Lennertz.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. moviescore wrote
    Some teasers for you:

http://moviescoremedia.blogspot.com/200 … ement.html

mc

well, that's a fun way to do it smile
    Track 3 and 4 do sound awesome, you of course made me curious as hell wink
    it is nice to see some action scores from MovieScore Media
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Someone suggested Warner Bros, cartoons, for track 18. It's definately ot B:TAS. Could be Superman: TAS, more likely Justice League, but it sounds like some real orchestra and JL didn't ever (as I recall) use real orchestra.

Could be that upcoming JL movie, or the Wonder Woman animated special too.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    justin, I doubt it's the WW animated special because it's probably too early for recording sessions (not to mention hardly any of the WB premiere DTV animated flicks have a budget for real orchestra recordings). Also, the JL animated flick had a soundtrack release by LaLa Land Records.

But track 4 is definitely a Walker/Ritmanis/McCuiston/Karter track for B:tAS. Just the brass writing and the timing of it sounds like it was conducted to picture for a TV episode (possibly a Walker composed track). I'd buy the CD just for that action track... just superb.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In my opinion MC is doing everything right.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008 edited
    Outstanding releases, I buy or download most of them from either itunes or MSM.

sd smile

One of those sounds like it could be the long awaited (more complete) Colin O Malleys Superman Returns Game Score, he should have done the movie.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. Well, it's definately not B:TAS -- at least not any of the first three seasons, and the orchestra size sound too large in areas.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    It sounded very Walker-ish and B:tAS esque... perhaps it's Walker's score for Turbulence that was initally scrapped for a soundtrack release because the film bombed. Maybe MSM got their hands on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2008
    Folks,

If any of you guys have purchased a MovieScore Media album / track via filmmusicdownloads.com some time this year, can you please PM me?

Thanks,

mc
  4. I know Mikael will probably would have liked to post this, but the 4 tracks have received a name, and I'm so excited to hear that the wonderful action piece is of Ryan Shore's JACK BROOKS: MONSTER SLAYER punk

I believe the rest speaks for itself wink

Mikael, these releases seem to really be really worth it, thanks so much for the wonderful work you're doing smile

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/comingsoon.html
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I know Mikael will probably would have loved to post this, but the 4 tracks have received a name, and I'm so excited to hear that the wonderful action piece is of Ryan Shore's JACK BROOKS: MONSTER SLAYER punk

I believe the rest speaks for itself wink

Mikael, these releases seem to really be really worth it, thanks so much for the wonderful work you're doing smile

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    YEOWZAROO!

JACK BROOKS: MONSTER SLAYER

Those Williamsesque trumpets that open the sneak peak track... punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008 edited
    http://moviescoremedia.blogspot.com/

yeah buddy!!

sd smile

Whoops somebody already did, hehe.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    NEW CHRISTOPHER WONG ALBUM?!? I AM SOLD! punk punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Listened to the samples, that Sharon Farber's WHEN NIETZSCHE WEPT score sounds JUST like my thing!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Erik Woods wrote
    YEOWZAROO!

-Erik-

Agreed , I love this, may have to order this cd instead of the download.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    moonie wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    YEOWZAROO!

-Erik-

Agreed , I love this, may have to order this cd instead of the download.

sd smile

Listen to this! http://www.moviescoremedia.com/audio/MMS08018.mp3 shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I am , WOW this is great!!!! OK SAE wheres the preorder!!

sd smile

Might have to bug Ed Dennis, I havent bugged him in awhile. hehe.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  6. Have you seen what's coming from MovieScore Media? shocked

Far Cry sadly only digital download
    27-year old Jessica de Rooij, born in Germany, is the youngest female composer working in the Hollywood film music business. Her stylish scores for action films such as Bloodrayne II: Deliverance, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, Seed and Tunnel Rats, has quickly etsablihed de Rooij as s one of the most exciting new composers to emerge from the European film scene. Her score for Uwe Boll’s new action thriller, Far Cry, starring Til Schweiger, Emmanuelle Vaugier and Udo Kier, is what film composers sometimes refer to as a “pot-boiler score” - a highly dramatic action score which pulls out all the stops to deliver a truly adrenaline-pumping, engaging and exciting musical accompaniment to the screen action. This digital album will be followed by an extended CD edition entitled Far Cry and Other Film Scores by Jessica de Rooij, featuring selections from her other film scores.

Invasion
    The Warner Bros/ABC sci-fi series Invasion, which created a strong fan base during its single season 2005-2006, features a large orchestral score that is worthy of any big blockbuster feature film. Composer team Jon Ehrlich and Jason Derlatka, who were Emmy-nominated for their work on CBS’ series The Agency, created a chilling and highly dramatic, but still melodic and thematically rich score for Invasion. “Jason and I were given the rare gift in television of a live orchestra. Our goal was to create something that reflected both the brutal, relentless nature of survival and the hypnotically beautiful, yet fragile quality of each life that the characters of Invasion struggle in every moment to protect,” composer Jon Ehrlich says. Their orchestrations feature a lot of delicate solo parts for violin as well as other striking features such as countertenor solo. The music for Invasion is certainly one of the most impressive television scores in recent time. Our album features more than 60 minutes of carefully selected tracks from the series.

This label is becoming better and better wink Go Mikael smile
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

[b][red]Far Cry

This digital album will be followed by an extended CD edition entitled Far Cry and Other Film Scores by Jessica de Rooij, featuring selections from her other film scores.

Great! Waiting impatiently for this CD release and also for some more clips from Invasion.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Invasion sounds truly impressive, as does Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Matt C wrote
    Invasion sounds truly impressive, as does Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer.

Yeah! Loved the samples biggrin
  7. There's some excellent titles coming from Mikael over the coming weeks.

But I am getting a bit confused what's a download-only release, what's CD only and what's going to be a download and CD release.

Mikael, could you make sure that your descriptions of how the titles are going to be released are accurate and up-to-date? This will make my forthcoming purchase spree easier to organise! (I still want to use your online shop outlet!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. Yeah! Merlin! Dobble-yeah!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Mikael, could you make sure that your descriptions of how the titles are going to be released are accurate and up-to-date? This will make my forthcoming purchase spree easier to organise! (I still want to use your online shop outlet!)

Of the upcoming titles, only FAR CRY is a download only. And of the upcoming titles, only INVASION is a CD only. FAR CRY will be available on CD eventually, though, then coupled with selections from a few of Jessica de Rooij's other scores.

The reason why some titles are CD only is that they are recorded with AFM musicians and AFM's fee for online distribution of music recorded with their members is too high for our projects... (the free 14,999 copies of CDs does not apply to digital albums for some reason).

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I preordered Invasion from SAE.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I've heard Ryan Shore's JACK BROOKS: MONSTER SLAYER and it's VERY, VERY imrpessive and grand! Congrats to Mikael for releasing this, i am planning to resume reviewing soon and this is definitely one of the titles i'll do!
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    moonie wrote
    I preordered Invasion from SAE.

sd smile

I will pre-order it too along with Rebel and Pushing Daises.

I just wonder if there any Marianelli scores expect from MSM rolleyes