• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Is there anyone actually NOT in facebook? wink

wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is there anyone actually NOT in facebook? wink

wave

beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    FB has gotten a lot more userfriendly and fun since the last redo. It's a wonderful way to stay in touch, and just to engage in spontaneous correspondence with friends and soundtrack fans...
  2. moviescore wrote
    FB has gotten a lot more userfriendly and fun since the last redo. It's a wonderful way to stay in touch, and just to engage in spontaneous correspondence with friends and soundtrack fans...

yep, I stopped visiting it daily, but at least it is the way to have contact with people from all over the world
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    Yes. Wherever else would you be able to do that?

Oh.
    Wait...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. it was time to bring us back to the wonderful music released by MovieScore Media

I hope this will be sufficient for now:

- $9.99
    - The Dark Hour
    - Max Manus
    - The Rebel
    - The Secret at Moonacre
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    Folks!

Screen Archives now has a special free MovieScore Media CD offer: order any three MovieScore Media CD’s and get one free of your choice from MovieScore Media’s catalog! Order six and get two free selections. Order 9 and get three free selections and so on. Just note your free titles in the Notes Field upon checking out. Offer expires on August 31, 2009.

http://www.screenarchives.com/display_r … tegory=523

mc
  4. moviescore wrote
    Folks!

Screen Archives now has a special free MovieScore Media CD offer: order any three MovieScore Media CD’s and get one free of your choice from MovieScore Media’s catalog! Order six and get two free selections. Order 9 and get three free selections and so on. Just note your free titles in the Notes Field upon checking out. Offer expires on August 31, 2009.

http://www.screenarchives.com/display_r … tegory=523

mc

Yep, I've received the e-mail too
    I think it is time to explore the first MovieScore Media scores which I've missed
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    I think you would love The Rocket Post, Thomas!

mc
  5. moviescore wrote

mc

The Rocket Post is an excellent release - well worth looking into.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. moviescore wrote

mc

I heard great things about that yes, but I'm also very interested in Atom Nine Adventures & Shadow in the Trees smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    Merlin. Buy it. Maybe then we´ll get the music from the remaining episodes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    moviescore wrote
    Screen Archives now has a special free MovieScore Media CD offer: order any three MovieScore Media CD’s and get one free of your choice from MovieScore Media’s catalog!
    mc

Awesome! I've wanted to get a bunch of the recent releases. I'll probably pick some of the stuff and listen at SST to decide what to get.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I heard great things about that yes, but I'm also very interested in Atom Nine Adventures & Shadow in the Trees smile

Shadow in the Trees has an amazing main theme -- all the dramatic cues are wonderful in the CD, but the suspense cues left me cold. I will say the album is worth buying alone for the main theme and the final two cues ("Faith Returns", "Credits"), they're that good. However, Atom Nine Adventures is a solid release all around... well worth checking out.

I think I may get Just Buried, I Sell the Dead, Alexandra and The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  7. Matt C wrote
    Shadow in the Trees has an amazing main theme -- all the dramatic cues are wonderful in the CD, but the suspense cues left me cold. I will say the album is worth buying alone for the main theme and the final two cues ("Faith Returns", "Credits"), they're that good. However, Atom Nine Adventures is a solid release all around... well worth checking out.

I think I may get Just Buried, I Sell the Dead, Alexandra and The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey.

cool, thanks smile

The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey is lovely, some very touching, nice material
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    As of now I'm looking to get Alexandra, Let The Right One In, Secret of Moonacre. No idea about the 4th one. Perhaps Merlin. I do like La Premiere Etoile but it's not on cd. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, for God's sake, that score is bloody brilliant!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Also,

ALEXANDRA
    Music Composed by Andrey Sigle

and

Jeff Grace & Anton Sanko:
    THE LAST WINTER
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

are too great MSM releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010
    Folks,

I know that some of you have been wondering about the lack of updates on new MovieScore Media releases - it's been a slow start of the year for us, and we needed a well-deserved slow-down after the "one-cd-per-week" schedule during the last quarter of 2009.

We now have several very exciting releases coming up - no firm release dates for these yet, but they should come out in the next couple of months. And stay tuned for even more interesting releases, including some stuff by composers you probably even heard of before ;-)

These are the ones we have finalized deals for currently:

HIERRO - Zacarías M. de la Riva
    An exquisite, serious orchestral score from the composer of "Imago Mortis" (which received an IFMCA nomination!). Beautiful piano themes, colourful writing primarily for strings, some Penderecki influences... this is the kind of score that goes between tension and release in that very emotionally rewarding way!

SHIVER - Fernando Velazquez
    This is a large orchestral horror score in the "gothic" tradition, written for the Spanish horror film "Escalofrio". Velazquez came to international prominence with his music for "The Orphanage," and "Shiver" is equally exciting and impressive especially in its extremely colourful orchestrations. (We are in fact working on licencing the rights to more scores by Velazquez who is a fantastic composer.)

UN TICKET POUR L'ESPACE (A Ticket to Space) - Erwann Kermorvant
    Big, entertaining sci-fi score which pays big tribute to the Hollywood classics. French composer Kermorvant, whose score for "La premiere etoile" we released as a download last year, has whipped up a truly exciting score for this French comedy, playing the drama and action straight à la Bernstein. Hints of early Horner in the majestic themes, and Goldsmith in the pounding action. Not to be missed. A new entry (finally) in our Discovery Collection!

BIG CITY - Erwann Kermorvant
    If you like your western scores big and sparkling, this one is for you. With a nod to Broughton's "Silverado" and of course the classics by Alfred Newman and Dimitri Tiomkin, Kermorvant's score for this French family movie plays like a "real" western score, with a lot of great themes (including a memorable waltz!) and exciting action music.

LES DEUX MONDES - Richard Harvey
    This French time-travel adventure comedy featured a real pot-boiler of a score by Richard Harvey ("Luther," "Death of a President," "Animal Farm," "Arabian Nights"). Written for large orchestra and chorus, this epic score makes use of ominous chants, pounding percussion and lots of brass. It has been released as a download only before, but we felt this one really deserves a CD release for collectors to enjoy!

Stay tuned for more announcements soon!

mc
  8. Great news, Mikael.

Looking forward to sampling them all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Great news indeed, thanks for the update.

New music from Harvey and the composer of EL ORFANATO among others? That's success!

http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2010/ … eases.html

Oh and more.Soderqvist please wink beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I must listen to the Kermorvant.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah! We definitely need some clips!
    Very interesting batch!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i need mikael to please answer my email
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Thomas, sorry I didn't reply, but I thought you had emailed the wrong person. I have nothing to do with the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...

mc
  9. fuck yeah, les deux mondes get's a score release, bloody marvelous
    Thanks Mikael, the list looks impressive as well smile
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    There are some samples of both Big City and A Ticket to Space available at Erwann's site:

A TICKET TO SPACE: http://www.karmastudio.fr/musique.php?fic=1
    BIG CITY: http://www.karmastudio.fr/musique.php?fic=16

Enjoy!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    That's very cool Mikael! I'm excited about the Kermorvant and Harvey scores.

Peter (plindboe) had a clip from Les Deux Mondes in a recent game and I've wanted to get that score on cd.
  10. BhelPuri wrote
    That's very cool Mikael! I'm excited about the Kermorvant and Harvey scores.

Peter (plindboe) had a clip from Les Deux Mondes in a recent game and I've wanted to get that score on cd.

trust me, the score is bloody marvelous smile