• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. must say, I adore the cover of LOFT, the Belgian thriller, nice to see you going on Belgian soil too Mikael wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    That's very cool indeed! Loft is be a highly anticipated movie here.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008
    http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=5409

There's...a movie???! shocked

Directed by...Uwe Boll.

I'll pass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

Directed by...Uwe Boll.

I'll pass.

Directed? I´d better say puked.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2008
    biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Directed? I´d better say puked.

I'd say it came from somewhere else. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    drrrrruuummmm roooolllllllllll things are getting wildddddddd
    biggrin
  2. What? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Anthony wrote

Directed by...Uwe Boll.

I'll pass.

this twit of a director is massacring all those fine video games
    this man should not direct any more

I, or we all could do a better job than that angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008 edited
    Having seen the episode Lancelot from Merlin, I can only hope there will be an additional CD (or more) with music from episodes beyond 1-3. Lancelot´s theme is beautiful, and the music composed for the final fight against the griffin is breathtakingly epic as hell. It may be way over the top, but I don´t care. Damn, this whole series has such a great score that it hurts not to have it right here. It is amazing how the music really enhances the show in ways beyond magic.

EDIT: Right now, you can watch the scene I mentioned here, but it will probably be taken down soon. The specific part of the score that excites me most starts at 1:40, but watch it from the beginning to get the atmosphere and the proper introduction, and then TURN UP THE VOLUME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaEnY4oypWg&fmt=18

This is the high quality link for better sound; and please no comment about crappy effects. It´s the music I´m talking about after all. Beside that, I find most of the effect work here okay.
  4. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Having seen the episode Lancelot from Merlin, I can only hope there will be an additional CD (or more) with music from episodes beyond 1-3. Lancelot´s theme is beautiful, and the music composed for the final fight against the griffin is breathtakingly epic as hell. It may be way over the top, but I don´t care. Damn, this whole series has such a great score that it hurts not to have it right here. It is amazing how the music really enhances the show in ways beyond magic.

EDIT: Right now, you can watch the scene I mentioned here, but it will probably be taken down soon. The specific part of the score that excites me most starts at 1:40, but watch it from the beginning to get the atmosphere and the proper introduction, and then TURN UP THE VOLUME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaEnY4oypWg&fmt=18

This is the high quality link for better sound; and please no comment about crappy effects. It´s the music I´m talking about after all. Beside that, I find most of the effect work here okay.

indeed lovely music, I'm especially looking forward to the CD smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    Up Coming release from MovieScore Media

Andrew Pearce: CINEMA SYMPHONY

Our first non-soundtrack release, Andrew Pearce's Cinema Symphony is without any doubt one of our most special projects so far. Created out of passion for cinematic music, this large orchestral work pays tribute to the great film scores of Hollywood and while it certainly sounds like a epic soundtrack in the tradition of Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams, it is beautifully constructed as a symphony in four movements. Andrew Pearce is a British composer who has been involved in some of MovieScore Media's previous albums as an orchestrator on Guy Farley's scores. One of the most brave artistic - and logistic - endeavours we have ever seen a composer pursue, Cinema Symphony was performed by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra under the baton of Grammy Award-winning conductor José Serebrier, features violin solos by Miriam Kramer, recorded by Grammy Award-winner Phil Rowlands. Cinema Symphony is destined to trigger enthusiasm among film music fans who want to experience a full-blown cinematic work with a sense of continuity and structure rarely heard in regular film scores! The album also contains Elegy for Violin and Orchestra and Celtic Warrior: Prelude for Orchestra, two beautiful and exciting symphonic set-pieces also written in a cinematic style!

Now listen to THIS shocked

Ya baby!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    "Elegy for Violin and Orchestra"

Me.Wants
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Mikael is going in the right direction. Any thought about lossless?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Mikael is going in the right direction. Any thought about lossless?

rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Up Coming release from MovieScore Media

Andrew Pearce: CINEMA SYMPHONY

Our first non-soundtrack release, Andrew Pearce's Cinema Symphony is without any doubt one of our most special projects so far. Created out of passion for cinematic music, this large orchestral work pays tribute to the great film scores of Hollywood and while it certainly sounds like a epic soundtrack in the tradition of Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams, it is beautifully constructed as a symphony in four movements. Andrew Pearce is a British composer who has been involved in some of MovieScore Media's previous albums as an orchestrator on Guy Farley's scores. One of the most brave artistic - and logistic - endeavours we have ever seen a composer pursue, Cinema Symphony was performed by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra under the baton of Grammy Award-winning conductor José Serebrier, features violin solos by Miriam Kramer, recorded by Grammy Award-winner Phil Rowlands. Cinema Symphony is destined to trigger enthusiasm among film music fans who want to experience a full-blown cinematic work with a sense of continuity and structure rarely heard in regular film scores! The album also contains Elegy for Violin and Orchestra and Celtic Warrior: Prelude for Orchestra, two beautiful and exciting symphonic set-pieces also written in a cinematic style!

Now listen to THIS shocked

Ya baby!

-Erik-

Sounds tantalising!? I'm very interested in this work.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. sdtom wrote
    Mikael is going in the right direction.

I'm not sure what you mean, Tom?

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that there's not enough movie-related material to fill the schedules of the label.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    I'm wondering if you take requests, Mikael?

What about something by David Arnold? Anything! There's interesting music for Little Britain for instance; or what about the music he's doing for stage plays?
    A full (longer) release of Stepford Wives might also be interesting but that's perhaps too high-profile...?
  6. fommes wrote
    I'm wondering if you take requests, Mikael?

He certainly does!! Mikael recently posted on his blog a story of how someone brought a score to his attention and he went after it. If there's a chance of producing a CD for a certain score then I'm sure Mikael would be up to the challenge!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    oh oh pick me, pick me! Dan Jones's MAX!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    Does Monty Python make their music particularly difficult to produce?

The Meaning of Life, including the short feature The Crimson Permanent Assurance by John DuPrez is my absolute all-time #1 unreleased score. Some of the most amazing pirate music I've ever heard.

If that's too high-profile, Wrongfully Accused by Bill Conti perhaps?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Some of Mikael's released titles end up in Top 10 lists!
    http://moviescoremedia.blogspot.com/

Hopefully you'll enter some other and perhaps even bigger lists as well!

Now, where's the first Oscarnimination? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Going in the right direction for me means he is attempting to introduce some new crossover material.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    oh oh pick me, pick me! Dan Jones's MAX!

That would be an excellent choice.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  8. Just finished listening to the sound clips for their newest CD, a score by Evan Evans, over at ScreenArchives.com (since the player on the MSM site didn't work this time).

Like the description says, the score is like Goldsmith. I'd say it's like if Joel used his father's style on a film project. "The Warehouse" was a good sample in my opinion.

The score is dark, so those expecting a fluffy score -- that's not what you will hear.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    Will have a listen
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Those of you who are on Facebook, please note that there is a fan page now devoted to the label. Sign up at http://www.facebook.com/pages/MovieScor … 3082972690 for updates-as-it-happens, teaser goodies and other stuff!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    moviescore wrote
    Those of you who are on Facebook, please note that there is a fan page now devoted to the label. Sign up at http://www.facebook.com/pages/MovieScor … 3082972690 for updates-as-it-happens, teaser goodies and other stuff!

mc

Is there anyone actually NOT in facebook? wink

I am already a fan of the label and its page! Keep up the good work beer
  9. I avoid Facebook, Twitter, or other such sites. ONly reason I even got a MySpace was so I could contact people. Turns out there is a fair number of real composer MySpace pages, insudustry people, and even some real directors.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    I avoid Facebook, Twitter, or other such sites. ONly reason I even got a MySpace was so I could contact people. Turns out there is a fair number of real composer MySpace pages, insudustry people, and even some real directors.

Well, the best thing to do with that matter is indeed NOT to participate; a lot of JUNK in there.