• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    So glad about this, BEAT THE DRUM was gorgeous and if this is half as good, i am SO getting it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    I know what you mean...I do think, though, that it depends a lot on where you are in America and what the culture is like in that particular place...there are so many different subcultures and even micro-cultures that its mind-boggling. Even in the one little county I live in, there's practically a whole world's worth of different little cultures...which is most evident at places like the movie theatre, but even then, you don't see everything. Micro-cultures, for example...my parents homeschooled me in almost complete isolation during my childhood...I don't think I had a single friend until I was 15 or 16. so during my childhood my family was a culture unto itself. and that was deeply conservative, but you could drive 15 minutes from where I grew up and find yourself in the complete opposite situation.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. I don't know if you know about it...

But the Deception score is out on iTunes for a very long time => http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=796

shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    Well what is it like? Is it more the "Beat the Drum" Djawadi or the "Prison Break / Iron Man" Djawadi?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Scribe wrote
    Well what is it like? Is it more the "Beat the Drum" Djawadi or the "Prison Break / Iron Man" Djawadi?

I'll tell you that later, as soon as I listen to it... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    Scribe wrote

Judging by the iTunes preview clips, I'd say it belongs to the latter. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Still waiting...... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    Audio clips from Fly Me To The Moon

-> https://www.colosseum.de/colosseum/prod … ibung=true
  3. Not very convincing. I bet they chose the worst clips possible, some track titles alone make me shiver in greater anticipation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    More here: http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download- … oduct.html
  4. Just slightly better than the first impression, I´m afraid, if at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008 edited
    Is there a secret rule that every moon landing related movie needs vocals as in Horner's Apollo 13? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008 edited
    An uninspired, bland temp-track score, judged from the samples.

I gave up any hope I once had for this Djawadi guy after listening to his Beat the Drum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Beat the drum is quite good actually confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Christodoulides wrote
    Beat the drum is quite good actually confused

Oh my mistake. What I meant was: after listening to Beat the Drum, I had high hopes for this guy. Now all the hopes are gone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My hopes were pretty well swamped too after listening to IRON MAN but isn't FLY ME TO THE MOON supposed to sound like BEAT THE DRUM or something? I have heard nothing off it yet, not even the samples, but that's what i seem to have gathered off some members' comments?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I haven't heard BEAT THE DRUM but FLY ME TO THE MOON is definitely better than IRON MAN. Just don't expect to hear anything Powellish and you'll be fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't expect to hear anything Powellish but could someone who has heard the whole score enough times, give us a description of the musical style and all?

BEAT THE DRUM is something you should listen to mate, it's above anything he's written imo; very inspired and vibrant music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Er... fair enough. (Though I think saying "fuck you" is more of a mis-use of the word... or perhaps the perfect use of it! biggrin )

Not that this has anything to do with you, but talking about American conservatism, when my cousin brought her friend from America over here to stay with us, she was so hung up on etiquette at first. Which I guess can be a good thing in certain situations, and not to say I don't understand good etiquette in the appropriate situations, I do, but it's not really appropriate in my easy-going, biker-mad family. She would call my parents Mrs. Elfman and Mr. Elfman, even to me! I was like "You know, you don't have to call them that right? They'd prefer it if you called them by their first name!", and the look of surprise on this girl's face was astonishing! She actually had trouble calling them by their first names, and she was amazed at the level of freedom I got, even though at the time I was 18... which is not an age that parents can 'control' you as such anymore.

When I went over to America with them, I would meet her parents and actually talk to them like human beings rather than authority figures. She was surprised at that too, even though the parents seemed to like it! dizzy

No big point I'm trying to make, just an example I experienced.

Isn't it funny how many Americans perceive us British as having such good manners and even 'doffing' our hats to ladies when nothing could be further from the truth.

And remember Steven, at 18 you can go out and get pissed but in America you have to be 21 though they can join the forces to kill and be killed so there is a possitive side to things.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd call Steven's parents Mr and Mrs.Elfman too! I'd not miss such a nerdy opportunity! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd call Steven's parents Mr and Mrs.Elfman too! I'd not miss such a nerdy opportunity! biggrin

They could call me Tim and I'd decide if I wanted my next movie scored by an Elfman. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    Just bought Beat the Drum recently and gave it a first listen this morning. It's really beautiful with 2 great themes - one of which is sadly underused. The other theme makes up most of the album but gets put through some wonderful, and occasionally very haunting, variations - enough so that it mostly sounds fresh.

Did Djawadi compose this or was it Badelt's work for the most part?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    David OC wrote
    Did Djawadi compose this or was it Badelt's work for the most part?

From what I heard, this was Djawadi's baby and Badelt's role was more of a supervisor and mentor than contributor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, this is what they say, Djawadi's work and Badelt's just a name tag although i have difficulties believing it 100%. Still, BEAT THE DRUM is a gorgeous little gem that will get more personal and emotional everytime you give it another spin.
  5. I just listened to Iron Man (haven't seen the film yet), and I like it for what it is
    I'm sorry, but it is not that bad, though not innovating at all

but if you compare this with Hitman there's a serious difference to be found
    so sorry for me to quite like Iron Man shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. I liked it during the movie. I thought it fit Stark´s ego quite well. I´m not sure about the album, though. Never listened to it, just the snippets on iTunes. I like them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As in Hitman was actually better?
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    As in Hitman was actually better?

no Hitman is so much more worse than Iron Man, at least for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No difference at all, at least for me wink
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    No difference at all, at least for me wink

can understand that, but for me there was
    I didn't fall asleep during Iron Man wink

Ps, I like his Disturbia score too, his soft music is quite lovely, and some of the horror stabs are quite cool