• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Film music marketing does well these days.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As it did with the vast talents of Tyler Bates. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote

I know, like...how many scores deserved an "expanded collector's edition" before 300??
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Scribe wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I know, like...how many scores deserved an "expanded collector's edition" before 300??

I believe it is called "striking while the iron is hot".
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
  1. Guess who has a website in the works?

http://www.silvertonemusic.com/silvertonev2.swf

Now you can contact him directly to let him know your displeassure with "Iron Man".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Guess who has a website in the works?

http://www.silvertonemusic.com/silvertonev2.swf

Now you can contact him directly to let him know your displeassure with "Iron Man".

Now you can contact him directly to let him know how people can be douchebags"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    I already frown on "star" DJs: I simply can't see (or hear) the art. Anyone with half an ear could mix records properly, and I've heard excellent mixes in very small venues by volunteer DJs that would easily compete with the so-called "top level" ones, but aside from that trance really isn't my thing. So I dislike both, actually. smile

But I gather both can still command a big crowd, so power to them and those who enjoy them spinning their disks enough to put down upwards of 50 euros to see them doing it live-ish.

Actually, Oakenfold gets a "carte blanche" simply by being a pioneer of the trance/techno mixes, but the reason I single him out is more because of his musical skill! His production on the brilliant BUNKKA album is a beauty, as are his own compositions.

OK, back to Djawadi.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    Interview with RAMIN DJAWADI

Christine Blanc has recently interviewed composer Ramin Djawadi concerning his latest score for IRON MAN and you can read the entire article by visiting > http://inter-activities.com

http://www.inter-activities.com/IRONMAN … AWADI.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    Questions by Hybrid Soldier

Way to go H! beer
  2. Sylvos wrote
    Questions by Hybrid Soldier

Way to go H! beer

punk biggrin

The DC/Marvel question was a joke, I didn't think she would actually ask that... biggrin biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    My question is there too...and I am VERY happy with the answer... coolness of Djawadi increases 10x in my eyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    My question is there too...and I am VERY happy with the answer... coolness of Djawadi increases 10x in my eyes biggrin

Which one is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote

Which one is it?

The one that says by "Matt Lambertson" wink
  3. Since I love that score --> Great interview! Thanks for sharing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BEAT THE DRUM is simply gorgeous. I knew about the rumours that Djawadi wrote it all, but i wanted to hear it from himself / confirmed. Thanks Matt, good question.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Christodoulides wrote
    BEAT THE DRUM is simply gorgeous. I knew about the rumours that Djawadi wrote it all, but i wanted to hear it from himself / confirmed.

That's not a rumor, it's what he has told me personally.
  4. Been replaced on "The Unborn" by Jablonsky.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008
    Exactly. wink And there is more Jablonsky news to report:

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … -13th.html

mc
  5. sleep
  6. Why replaced ?

Is it sure ?

I mean, Bay's choice is Jablonsky, whatever happens... But Goyer's is Djawadi... As Djawadi & Jablonsky are great friends (they co-wrote a TV Series and Djawadi helped on The Island), I'm sure it's gonna be a co-composition...

About Friday, well, I have enough with those horror films for Jab... Ah well, nevermind... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    FLY ME TO THE MOON
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Ramin Djawadi

Fly Me to the Moon is the story of three spirited and curious pre-teen flies who live across from Cape Canaveral in 1969 and dream of going into space. This thrilling animated 3D feature film will connect a new generation of children and their parents to the adventure and excitement of space exploration with stunning visuals that draw upon one of mankind’s most memorable, historical moments — mankind’s first landing on the Moon.

Fly Me to the Moon combines the Apollo 11 mission with a whimsical twist involving three tween-aged flies who go along on an incredible space adventure. The film introduces new generations to space exploration and the historic moment when the world was united for this awe-inspiring achievement. A G-rated family film, the story is voiced by talents Kelly Ripa, Christopher Lloyd, Nicollette Sheridan, Tim Curry and a live action/animation cameo by real life Apollo 11 astronaut, Buzz Aldrin.

The rousing heroic score is by Iron Man composer Ramin Djawadi.

Fly Me to the Moon will be landing in 3D theaters across the country starting August 15.

Varese Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 922 2
    Release Date: 09/09/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    Cool that this score is finally getting an official release. I can really recommend it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    Any nice melodies? As in any appearance of the "Beat the Drum" version of Djawadi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Scribe wrote
    Any nice melodies? As in any appearance of the "Beat the Drum" version of Djawadi?

Yes the score is very melodic and sweet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    HECK YES biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If you're gonna show your appreciation, got for the gold man: FUCK YEAH!

(Although I haven't heard it, so I can't comment.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    but if i talked like that, i wouldn't be me... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008 edited
    Fuck yeah you would! biggrin

Aaamericans and their conservatism!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    it has little do to with conservatism...i simply have a strong dislike for the mis-use of words and my enthusiasm for a new Djawadi score has very little, if not nothing, to do with fucking. as far as i know cool whereas words like "heck" exist specifically for such situations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008 edited
    Er... fair enough. (Though I think saying "fuck you" is more of a mis-use of the word... or perhaps the perfect use of it! biggrin )

Not that this has anything to do with you, but talking about American conservatism, when my cousin brought her friend from America over here to stay with us, she was so hung up on etiquette at first. Which I guess can be a good thing in certain situations, and not to say I don't understand good etiquette in the appropriate situations, I do, but it's not really appropriate in my easy-going, biker-mad family. She would call my parents Mrs. Elfman and Mr. Elfman, even to me! I was like "You know, you don't have to call them that right? They'd prefer it if you called them by their first name!", and the look of surprise on this girl's face was astonishing! She actually had trouble calling them by their first names, and she was amazed at the level of freedom I got, even though at the time I was 18... which is not an age that parents can 'control' you as such anymore.

When I went over to America with them, I would meet her parents and actually talk to them like human beings rather than authority figures. She was surprised at that too, even though the parents seemed to like it! dizzy

No big point I'm trying to make, just an example I experienced.