• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    What? You don´t wanna hear electric guitars all over the place, electronic loops and tones of synth work burying the orchestral material?

You guys are weird.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    Marselus wrote
    What? You don´t wanna hear electric guitars all over the place, electronic loops and tones of synth work burying the orchestral material?

You guys are weird.

We can thank Tyler Bates for that!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You know, I have no issue with the rock/orchestral fusion but it's putting a composer in place that can blend those two elements in a competent manner that's grinding my gears! For a great example of this rock/orchestra fusion written by composer with some genuine skills please check out Joel Goldsmith's highly underrated KULL: THE CONQUEROR!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Timmer wrote
    EPIC FAIL!

aimed at djawadi, not you Dom.

Well... you can't blame him. He has his established style. The producers are the ones who hired him. You can't blame him for taking a job in the industry he loves.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Such a shame. The standup we still have in our movie lobby still credits Armstrong as the main composer. Maybe we'll get a Wolfman-turn of events in a few weeks... even if Armstrong didn't record anything.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    If the producers are wanting to go for a rock/metal sound for that film (though God knows why), I'd say Djawadi is at least a better choice than Bates. Iron Man was at least listenable (to me), but 300 was total shit except for the Titus lifts. I'd have loved to hear what Armstrong would've done here though. Pity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    If the producers are wanting to go for a rock/metal sound for that film (though God knows why), I'd say Djawadi is at least a better choice than Bates. Iron Man was at least listenable (to me), but 300 was total shit except for the Titus lifts. I'd have loved to hear what Armstrong would've done here though. Pity.

Is he now? I'd take 300 over Djawadi's awful noise anytime.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    300 was the one that sounded more like awful noise IMO. But that's just me. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Panthera wrote
    Timmer wrote
    EPIC FAIL!

aimed at djawadi, not you Dom.

Well... you can't blame him. He has his established style. The producers are the ones who hired him. You can't blame him for taking a job in the industry he loves.

The comment was aimed at those who hire.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Is he now? I'd take 300 over Djawadi's awful noise anytime.

I will take NONE OF THE ABOVE! It's like looking at two piles of shit and saying I like one over the other.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's like looking at two piles of shit and saying I like one over the other.

-Erik-

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010 edited
    CLASH OF THE TITANS score cd release announced. (link from filmmusicreporter.com)

WaterTower Music has announced that they will release Ramin Djawadi’s score for Clash of the Titans on March 30. In the movie starring Sam Worthington, Liams Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, the mortal son of the god Zeus embarks on a perilous journey to stop the underworld and its minions from spreading their evil to Earth as well as the heavens. Clash of the Titans is directed by Louis Lettier (The Incredible Hulk) and will be released on April 2. Djawadi and his crew recently finished recording the score in London. Tracklisting and details on the score will be announced shortly.

http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=4323
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010
    Djawadi and his crew

heh
    wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don't you mean...

yay
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Djawadi has already a crew of his own? He´s a grown man, definitely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010
    Tracklist of Clash Of The Titans -

1. The Storm That Brought Me To You - Neil Davidge, Tina Dico, Ramin Djawadi
    2. There Is A God In You
    3. Perseus
    4. You Can't Hide From Hades
    5. Medusa
    6. Scorpiox
    7. Argos
    8. You Fall, You Die
    9. Written In The Stars
    10. Pegasus
    11. Bring Everything (But The Owl)
    12. Killed By A God
    13. Djinn
    14. Eyes Down
    15. You Were Saved For A Reason
    16. Redemption Through Blood
    17. I Have Everything I Need
    18. King Acrisius
    19. It's Expensive Where You're Going
    20. Be My Weapon - Neil Davidge
    21. The Best Of Both
    22. Release The Kraken
    23. It's Almost Human Of You
    • CommentAuthorLars
    here you will find a 10 minutes cut of scenes

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/20/10-m … he-titans/

you can also hear ramins music in the backround. sounds not bad. more orchestral than expected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds not bad is a compliment for Djawadi i guess? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I find it a pity that the original composer was dropped...
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    That Scorpioch Battle cue kinda reminds me of the Skorponok music from Transformers, the low bass and strings and all. Yeh I think the music sounds ok but pretty standard RC-ish, although the cue in the Kraken scene with choir is interesting. The movie looks better than I expected, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I love the OST from Rosenthal. (got it by the way, as well as the original LP record) I love the "love" theme. The battle with the Kraken music sounds a tiny bit like Horner in his early Battle From the Stars days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Talos wrote
    I love the OST from Rosenthal.

punk Absolutely!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    soundclips on the official website

http://clash-of-the-titans.warnerbros.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks for the link!

Sounds like a quite typical RC score. More orchestral than I expected too. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I SO wish I could decide who would score pics like this... alas its only wishful thinking...

My pick:

Frederic Talgorn (hell, yes!)

Basically I would hire this guy for most pics anyway, from thrillers/intimate movies to full blown blockbusters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    More sound clips, and tracklist here - http://www.amazon.com/Clash-Titans-Orig … p;sr=301-1

It's a digital download there, with a physical CD release by Sony on April 12 (at Amazon UK).
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    More sound clips, and tracklist here - http://www.amazon.com/Clash-Titans-Orig … p;sr=301-1

It's a digital download there, with a physical CD release by Sony on April 12 (at Amazon UK).

I like it. The orchestral emphasis seems to have been the result of Louis Leterrier more than anything. He seems to prefer a certain orchestral/synth hybrid sound in his score (a la The Incredible Hulk & The Transporter 2)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed. I can at least see it becoming a guilty pleasure of mine. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    Indeed. I can at least see it becoming a guilty pleasure of mine. cool

Iron Man is becoming that for me.