• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011
    Christian wrote
    I'm finally over the Red Sox out of the race so...

I am grateful to take a breath every day. If I have my health and I can hear the music, I am a happy man.

What's special about today though is that I found this site thanks to Martijn and I am able to meet some great people who are passionate about music/film music like I am.

What a choke!!! And then to top it off the football team loses to Buffalo of all teams. Of course I shouldn't talk too much about that because New England had no problem with my SD Chargers. sad
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011 edited
    Spartathlon! I don't know how many of you know about the international long distance race that takes place every year for the last 24 years. It's a race from Athens to Sparta (246klm) in the steps of Phidippedes the messanger who was sent to Sparta to ask fo help in the battle of Marathon and returned to Athens again. I woke up at 5 o'clock in the morning and went with two friends near King Leonides statue were the athlets finish running! It was an amazing experience! Here is a photo of us (I'm the one wearing the purple scarf clapping) from the local media during the finish of the third athlete when it was already morning.But now I feel so sleepy! I think I will call it a night!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011
    cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. This is actually from last Monday

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp … 6984_n.jpg
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011
    We know darling, you're the gorgeous one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    This is actually from last Monday

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp … 6984_n.jpg

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's awesome Pawel! How did you meet, and what was he recording (I assume he was?) in London? (I may have missed your story when I was in Iceland).
    Kazoo
  2. I'd rather hide the score he was recording until I publish my report (in the writing), at least in English (because there is nobody Polish in RCP, my Polish readers have been given hints already). I need the agreement of the studio to publish it (they may be concerned with pictures I got from it).

I scheduled a meeting with Hans in London literally days before I went. Out of two hours I spent with him last Wednesday, Hans had only 15 minutes, but hinted at a possible meeting in other time. The same night he wrote me a beautiful e-mail, saying sorry for so little time, we started to schedule anew and then the news broke. Hans invited me to the recording session. I can confirm that the picture was taken by my great friend Richard in front of AIR Studios in London.

Seeing Hans at work and talking to him (this is where being a smoker actually comes in handy, Hans was going out quite a bit and then you could talk to him quite a bit). He is a genuinely nice person. And yeah, genuinity is the key to it. Imagine guy in his position, who turned to me, when I was looking for a lighter, lit my cigarette and even said sorry. Imagine also us, posing as journalists or whoever (even if I asked for permission to write about the session a lot later), being told by Hans to go eat and basically we ate as part of the recording team and the orchestra. In a way, Hans bought us dinner (even if it got probably paid from the film's money).

I gave him 3 CDs to autograph. Two of them weren't for me - one will be presented as a reward in a contest on my Polish language website, the other was Beyond Rangoon for a friend. I gave him my copy of The Thin Red Line. On my autographed copy, Hans added "To Pawel" as a very nice touch.

A full report including some information on how Hans works, is in writing at the moment. I can already assure you that it will be somewhat different from the usual reports you can see. I will have to discuss the publication date with the studio, but even with that Hans will help me.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. It is great that everything went so well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A memorable experience
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Pawel I'm so happy for you! It looks like a wonderful experience! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristian
    sdtom wrote
    Christian wrote
    I'm finally over the Red Sox out of the race so...

I am grateful to take a breath every day. If I have my health and I can hear the music, I am a happy man.

What's special about today though is that I found this site thanks to Martijn and I am able to meet some great people who are passionate about music/film music like I am.

What a choke!!! And then to top it off the football team loses to Buffalo of all teams. Of course I shouldn't talk too much about that because New England had no problem with my SD Chargers. sad

Tell me about it. I was so pissed. All that talent and they play like chumps.

Oh man... you had to bring up the Pats loss. How dare you? I thought we were friends. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011
    Well they did beat the Chargers. We're both 3-1
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristian
    sdtom wrote
    Well they did beat the Chargers. We're both 3-1

What an ugly win we had yesterday! Yikes. Might as well have recruited a high school football defense. BUT- it's a win so there you have it. My day today was that little bit better because of it and my blood pressure is coming down. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Oakland is no patsy this year
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011
    Gomez

I'll never cease to be amazed at the places he finds to sleep in. I've taken a pic and will put it on facebook later.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Seeing Steven back on the board. beer <--tea
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Indeed! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    shame

Thanks! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Gomez

I'll never cease to be amazed at the places he finds to sleep in. I've taken a pic and will put it on facebook later.

Looking forward to that!
    (Mind you don't break your pc! wink )

Timmer wrote
    Seeing Steven back on the board. beer <--tea
    Atham wrote
    Indeed! beer

Quite!
    beer <-- definitely not tea
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Steven!!!!! hug kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Steven!!!!! hug kiss

Oh no! That's it, now Martijn will disappear for a year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011 edited
    Martijn won't do such a thing to me! He wouldn't, would he? sad

By the way, glad you and Mel are ok mate! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank you Stavi beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavroula wrote wave
    Steven!!!!! hug kiss

Hello! wave

Martijn, you have nothing to worry about. Apart from my devilish good looks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's it. I'm off for a year.
    angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    cry
    I hope you're happy now that you've made me cry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm still here Stavi. No worries.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    That's it. I'm off for a year.
    angry

You can do it. Just think of the welcome back you'd get from Stavi!

Please don't.