• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011
    A good day for a funeral, ironic eh? An absolutely gorgeous day here, deep blue sky and sunshine plus it's not too hot, I'm off to my friends funeral in about an hour, dress code is colourful, he'd hate to see everyone moping around in black.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We've some overcast so it is more like a May gray day. Temperature won't hit 20C today.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Lovely sunny and warm day. David wanted to go to the bird reserve and so my planned work got ditched and we spent 4 hours having a wander.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm grateful for the lower temperatures
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011
    Still grateful for the lower temperatures.
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    A good day for a funeral, ironic eh? An absolutely gorgeous day here, deep blue sky and sunshine plus it's not too hot, I'm off to my friends funeral in about an hour, dress code is colourful, he'd hate to see everyone moping around in black.

I didn't mention it yesterday but I came back very VERY drunk, it was one helluva send off, I don't think i've ever seen so many people at a funeral, he was an exceptionally popular man, a really lovely man, and he got the send off he deserved.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

I didn't mention it yesterday but I came back very VERY drunk, it was one helluva send off, I don't think i've ever seen so many people at a funeral, he was an exceptionally popular man, a really lovely man, and he got the send off he deserved.

I don't know if I should feel happy for you, but the way you describe it, that's my first feeling. Sorry for your loss though.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

I had started to comment that you should enjoy yourself the British reservedness on such things made me delete the comment before posting.

Now, after reading your recent comment, it makes me contemplate what drives anyone to suicide. By the numbers at his funeral he was popular and had many friends. But the personal perspective of your friend seemed to be that there was no alternative other than the actions he took.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    While I cannot (and probably should not) presume, I am greatly reminded of a deep clinical depression.
    The horrid thing with that is what you see (sufferers may easily be the life of the party) is most definitely NOT what you get.

Just terrible.

Again my condolances, Tim.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I still don't know the full details Alan but I've heard he was recently diagnosed with a terminal cancer, he gave no indication of unhappiness leading up to his death, and was in full on partying lifestyle right to the end, it sounds to me as if he was planning it in advance, having one final blowout before leaving everything behind, I'm inclined to believe that what he did was a brave thing, saving himself and everyone around him the awlful decline that was to come.

p.s. we did enjoy ourselves, a real celebration though obviously tinged with sadness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011 edited
    Let me add my condolances too Tim.
    Depression is most of the times easy to identify but very hard to admit which makes it difficult to treat. May we all stay far from it Martijn. And if what Tim heard is true then it may had been the case.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I still don't know the full details Alan but I've heard he was recently diagnosed with a terminal cancer, he gave no indication of unhappiness leading up to his death, and was in full on partying lifestyle right to the end, it sounds to me as if he was planning it in advance, having one final blowout before leaving everything behind, I'm inclined to believe that what he did was a brave thing, saving himself and everyone around him the awlful decline that was to come.

As I said, I shouldn't have presumed.
    But I did anyway. shame
    Sorry.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I am sorry, I did not mean to come across as being nosey. That was not my intent.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011 edited
    No need for any apologies my friends smile hug And thanks for all your best wishes.

As it is I may have over-stepped the mark myself, as I said, i don't actually know the full facts yet.
  4. Just received a cheque from the tax man for paying too much tax!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2011
    omg
    punk beer How you going to spend it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm going to a Trophy presentation ceremony for the end of our pool leasgue season tonight, should be good fun with people from all the different winning pubs turning up, what it all really comes down to is a great excuse for a big piss up! biggrin
  5. Timmer wrote
    omg
    punk beer How you going to spend it?

We have 2 growing children who are back to school on Monday so I think the money is already ear-marked for school shoes, trousers, etc. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    All those lovely CD's you could have ordered......... cry
  6. I know! I don't have any CDs on order at the moment. But there a couple of possible download purchases I need to check out.
  7. I have the house to myself at the moment so I am random shuffling at the moment, playing music through the speakers! Now that doesn't happen very often.

On now is something off Maurice Jarre's Mad Max Beyond The Thunderdome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    Still grateful for the lower temperatures.
    Tom smile

still cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    I'm going to a Trophy presentation ceremony for the end of our pool leasgue season tonight, should be good fun with people from all the different winning pubs turning up, what it all really comes down to is a great excuse for a big piss up! biggrin

Don't lie to us. You will be there for the beer. ONLY for the beer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2011
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Don't lie to us. You will be there for the beer. ONLY for the beer.

And plenty of it.....FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I knew it. I knew it! tongue
  8. Marselus wrote
    I knew it. I knew it! tongue

I think that at this time in the day Tim won't be reading your comment anytime soon! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Haha...I'm afraid so.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2011 edited
    I've been up and about since 10 this morning and feel surprisingly bright eyed and bushy tailed. smile

I'm busy preparing a big lamb roast dinner lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2011 edited
    The squeaking/clicking noise in my left ear has subsided a bit since yesterday. Phew. Rainy day; considering a walk nonetheless. Got up about 13:00 (same as yesterday), since I went to bed about 4:00 last night.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. PawelStroinski wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But when does Skyping someone become annoying someone? Do you just treat it just as phoning someone or as if you were off down the pub?

eet
    If it's annoying someone, they just are allowed not to take the call in the first place. I make a point of scheduling my Skype calls with people. I have two people I meet up with regularly.

Webcam is close to a pub, you just can't give a hug.

Because now I know I can share it, one of my regular webcam is our own Miya. She is really great and fun. And yes, maybe it's a shock to many of you, but there is much more to her than just The Lion King smile .

In fact, Miya (I prefer to use her real first name, but she might not want everyone to know it, unless you have her on Facebook) has become one of my very best friends.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website