• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    Well, i don't like clones in particular, personally talking.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've yet to see one day where there haven't been at LEAST 20 new replies to the Giacchino topic. And I log on pretty much every day. Not a criticism or anything, just sayin'. It's....interesting. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, that man does have three scores out almost all at once. Plus, the whole SWON thing at La La Land.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, that man does have three scores out almost all at once. Plus, the whole SWON thing at La La Land.

-Erik-

SWON?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

SWON?

Secret Weapons Over Normandy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

SWON?

Make it your THIRD soundtrack that you buy this year!

And don't hum and haw about it... just order the damn thing!
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/SecretWeapons.html

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

SWON?

Make it your THIRD soundtrack that you buy this year!

-Erik-

I agree. A MUST HAVE.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. How can a person comment in this thread and not own or at least have heard SWON!?

OK so it's not that dire but still a supremely great score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    From La-La Land
    SECRET WEAPONS OVER NORMANDY (less than 200 remain) goes out of print at the end of June. Get yours from www.lalalandrecords.com before they're gone for good!

Buy it now!

Is this the end? Like, really, the end? Or will the score ever resurface as an MP3 download? I'm debating whether or not to order... Though just for safety reasons, I likely will order the CD, not to mention the fact that it's better quality. But... Hmmm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
  2. William wrote
    Bregt wrote
    From La-La Land
    SECRET WEAPONS OVER NORMANDY (less than 200 remain) goes out of print at the end of June. Get yours from www.lalalandrecords.com before they're gone for good!

Buy it now!

Is this the end? Like, really, the end? Or will the score ever resurface as an MP3 download? I'm debating whether or not to order... Though just for safety reasons, I likely will order the CD, not to mention the fact that it's better quality. But... Hmmm.

If you're into MOH and I know you are, you better not hesitate and just go and order it, you'll regret it if you miss out on it. Trust me!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DreamTheater wrote
    William wrote
    Bregt wrote
    From La-La Land

Buy it now!

If you're into MOH and I know you are, you better not hesitate and just go and order it, you'll regret it if you miss out on it. Trust me!

Don't worry; just ordered it! smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    William wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    William wrote
    Bregt wrote
    From La-La Land

Buy it now!

Good, for you can't ponder on getting this one. It's one of Giacchino's finest, and ignoring his MOH work it's the best video game score he's done too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    William wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    William wrote
    Bregt wrote
    From La-La Land

Buy it now!

Good, for you can't ponder on getting this one. It's one of Giacchino's finest, and ignoring his MOH work it's the best video game score he's done too!

Then I trust my money was well spent! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Finally got "Lost Season 4"! smile
    Like meetin' old friends. Great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Jeremy Moss wrote
    How can a person comment in this thread and not own or at least have heard SWON!?

Sorry, man. I know I'm in the minority here, but Giacchino simply doesn't do it for me and I'm totally perplexed as to why he is considered a soundtrack "God" around here, with at least 20 new replies each day. I've tried and I've tried and I've tried, but there's nothing about his music that hooks me. It's "pretty orchestral music" and all - and the Williams pastiche in SWON is entertaining, but if it's Williams pastiche I want, I'll put on some McNeely or Mike Verta or something. I especially have problems with his CALMER material, like the "leaving the island" cue from LOST. Where people find it beautiful, I find it grating in much the same way that I found Barry's "slow" music grating. Repetitive, droning string clusters.

But my door is always open and I'm still waiting for that one score of his that I might latch on to.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm a Giacchino fan myself, but I can completely understand where you're coming from. Giacchino is a fantastic composer, but sometimes his scores can seem a little cold (for lack of a better word) - technically brilliant of course, but sometimes wanting for a little heart. (Which is why Ratatouille is my favourite Giacchino score so far, it has magic, it has heart.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    His music sounds very, very dry. Cool, but dry. Like Beltrami's, but rougher around the edges. But that's something I love about it. Would anyone else agree?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    His music sounds very, very dry. Cool, but dry. Like Beltrami's, but rougher around the edges. But that's something I love about it. Would anyone else agree?

I agree. But it's not dry in a bad way.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BasilB wrote
    Finally got "Lost Season 4"! smile
    Like meetin' old friends. Great!

Welcome to my world. Frikkin' amazing music. cool lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremy Moss
    Thor wrote
    Jeremy Moss wrote
    How can a person comment in this thread and not own or at least have heard SWON!?

Sorry, man. I know I'm in the minority here, but Giacchino simply doesn't do it for me and I'm totally perplexed as to why he is considered a soundtrack "God" around here, with at least 20 new replies each day. I've tried and I've tried and I've tried, but there's nothing about his music that hooks me. It's "pretty orchestral music" and all - and the Williams pastiche in SWON is entertaining, but if it's Williams pastiche I want, I'll put on some McNeely or Mike Verta or something. I especially have problems with his CALMER material, like the "leaving the island" cue from LOST. Where people find it beautiful, I find it grating in much the same way that I found Barry's "slow" music grating. Repetitive, droning string clusters.

But my door is always open and I'm still waiting for that one score of his that I might latch on to.

Yeah I can understand that... Heck I'm a Giacchino NUT and there are parts of Lost I just skip. Also I don't really understand things like Howard Shore fans and their devotion to the Lord of the Rings material or even some of the more obscure Eflman titles (don't get me wrong I love most Elfman stuff)... but yeah to each his own and I hope there's something one day from Giacchino that interests you as much as I hope there are things from other composers and their works that I've dismissed as uninteresting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Jeremy Moss wrote
    ... Giacchino NUT...

You mean, a "Giacchinut" (to quote Martijn wink)? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Randomly wondering: is this thread the top composer-focused thread on the forums, regarding number of posts? confused
  3. Check out the Hans Zimmer thread. It may have more
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Check out the Hans Zimmer thread. It may have more

is isn't necessarily the good kind of attention though wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There's going to be no more Giacchino for about 7 months now though (cry). Maybe I'll quieten down?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremy Moss
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    Jeremy Moss wrote
    ... Giacchino NUT...

AH YES my bad!

William wrote
    Randomly wondering: is this thread the top composer-focused thread on the forums, regarding number of posts? confused

Probably is and I'm not ashamed to say it's one of the reasons I come to this board!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Jeremy Moss wrote
    William wrote
    Jeremy Moss wrote
    ... Giacchino NUT...

AH YES my bad!

wink

Jeremy Moss wrote
    William wrote

Probably is and I'm not ashamed to say it's one of the reasons I come to this board!

punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    There's going to be no more Giacchino for about 7 months now though (cry).

I know how you feel, brotha. cry :hugs-all-around:
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Check out the Hans Zimmer thread. It may have more

It doesn't. smile