• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    He said in an interview he was going to use it. I'll be happy if it's just part of the end credits, as I agree I can't see it working in a film! smile

Or we're in the biggest treat of the Summer with Will Ferrel running from a dinosaur with a banjo playing in the background. cool biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    He said in an interview he was going to use it. I'll be happy if it's just part of the end credits, as I agree I can't see it working in a film! smile

Okay, let's all come together and pray the royalties were too expensive to put it on the album... slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    *banjo* *banjo* *banjo*

Nah, I want it. wink kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hmm... somehow I think the banjo matches perfectly with Ferrell...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kazoo would be more like it wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Or we're in the biggest treat of the Summer with Will Ferrel running from a dinosaur with a banjo playing in the background. cool biggrin

uhm freezing
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    Actually, the cow bell is perfect for Ferrell.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

uhm freezing

It's a f__cking comedy adventure film gents! Banjo action music would fit the tone of the movie... yes/no? Lighten up!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009 edited
    Yeah, do what the shouty man says and LIGHTEN UP! angry

(No but seriously, I agree with Erik here.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am shivering at Will Ferrel; not the banjo per-se; It's Giacchino, i know he can make everything sound...interesting! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    All of these little conjecture things tell me that no one reads the text of the news items, and just look at the photos.

Lemme quote from the news item:

Performed by an 88-piece ensemble of the Hollywood Studio Symphony and a 35-person choir, the score was conducted by orchestrator Tim Simonec. The music is big and dramatic, with a strong main theme and lots of percussion to provide a more primal edge to the music.

Some ethnic instruments were also employed, including a log drum and - rather uniquely - the French horn section playing conch shells. The end titles track is a fun cue that combines a driving energy with guitars, banjo, rock band elements and drum kit with full orchestra.

(emphasis added).

Is that clearer now?
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    What exactly did you clear up? And what exactly made you assume that we didn't read the article while looking at the pretty pictures. It's obvious from the discussion of the strange and odd instrumentation (banjos and conch shells) in the LAND OF THE LOST score that we did INDEED read your article.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Great photos, Dan! beer

Can't wait to listen to this. Man, the conch shells are interesting. It might have a very ethnic sound in places cool
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Erik Woods wrote
    What exactly did you clear up? And what exactly made you assume that we didn't read the article while looking at the pretty pictures. It's obvious from the discussion of the strange and odd instrumentation (banjos and conch shells) in the LAND OF THE LOST score that we did INDEED read your article.

It was the conjecture that the banjo was used for the action music in the score, when it was clearly indicated that banjo was used in the end titles.
  1. I think Mychael Danna and Nicholas Dodd showed that banjos can make a very strong contribution to action music anyway.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Word.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think Mychael Danna and Nicholas Dodd showed that banjos can make a very strong contribution to action music anyway.

Wait for the next Lockington score then wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Why is there always a piano player in the chorus sessions?
  2. To get them in the right tonality and give them the right tempo?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Probably. But isn't that what a conductor should do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    dgoldwas wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

It was the conjecture that the banjo was used for the action music in the score, when it was clearly indicated that banjo was used in the end titles.

But you didn't clearly state that the banjo was used ONLY in the end credits.

confused

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sylvos wrote
    Why is there always a piano player in the chorus sessions?

Easy and fast tuning* in for the entire ensemble and also very easy and fast for try-outs.

* 'xcept for when the orchestra is tuned at 444 hz instead of 440 hz where the piano is, in which case the orchestra tunes at the first violin, which is pre-tuned in 444 hz.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    dgoldwas wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

confused

-Erik-

Oh who really cares? There's banjos and dinosaurs; a winning combination! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Erik Woods wrote

confused

-Erik-

Oh for cryin' out loud. I wrote "The end titles track is a fun cue that combines a driving energy with guitars, banjo, rock band elements and drum kit with full orchestra."

If you wanna infer that guitars, banjo, rock band elements and drum kit are all over the SCORE as well, then you can go right ahead. But it's not what I wrote, and if it were all over the score, I wouldn't have limited it to the END TITLES TRACK description.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    dgoldwas wrote
    If you wanna infer that guitars, banjo, rock band elements and drum kit are all over the SCORE as well, then you can go right ahead.

Cool, thanks!
    So, what d'yall think, will the banjo be used for the Will Ferrell theme, of the T-Rex theme?

dgoldwas wrote
    But it's not what I wrote [...]

I know, we just made that up while looking at the pretty pictures beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009 edited
    EXCLUSIVE APPLE VIDEO ON THE MAKING OF LAND OF THE LOST:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/landofthelost/
  3. So.... I notice noone else responded in the now playing thread, so I'll ask here.

Does anyone agree with me that UP's 'Escape from Muntz' cue was probably for a scene that was temped with 'Escape from the City' from John Williams' WAR OF THE WORLDS?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    EXCLUSIVE APPLE VIDEO ON THE MAKING OF LAST OF THE LOST:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/landofthelost/

Demetris, making of WHAT? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    So.... I notice noone else responded in the now playing thread, so I'll ask here.

Does anyone agree with me that UP's 'Escape from Muntz' cue was probably for a scene that was temped with 'Escape from the City' from John Williams' WAR OF THE WORLDS?

I suppose so, they are pretty similar. smile