• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Anthony wrote
    This is cool. It's a pic from the sessions of Sky High in 2005. I wonder if Giacchino's T-shirt was subliminally telling us about future gigs?

hehe cool, Speed Racer smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    Anthony wrote
    This is cool. It's a pic from the sessions of Sky High in 2005. I wonder if Giacchino's T-shirt was subliminally telling us about future gigs?

Awesome! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    So I just realized from the fansite that Michael Giacchino composed music for The Muppet's Wizard of Oz? What's the score like? Even though I'm sure it will never be released....

And I really enjoy his Space Mountain: Mission 2 music.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Panthera wrote
    So I just realized from the fansite that Michael Giacchino composed music for The Muppet's Wizard of Oz? What's the score like? Even though I'm sure it will never be released....

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Muppets-Feat … B0009AJK98

Tracks 2, 3 and 4 feature stuff by Giacchino. Come to think of it, I need to find out some more info on this and put it on the site.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote

Michael is a gigantic fan of Speed Racer. He loved the show as a kid, loves it now and owns a lot of the music from the series on CD. He is a Speed Racer nut.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    Panthera wrote

It's Ok. It's a pop musical. The score is fun! "Ride of the Valkyrie" sung by the Muppets is hilarious! There's swing, jazz, big orchestral music.

Panthera wrote

This and his Space Mountain Paris music is top notch!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    Panthera wrote

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Muppets-Feat … B0009AJK98

Tracks 2, 3 and 4 feature stuff by Giacchino. Come to think of it, I need to find out some more info on this and put it on the site.

While I've got this on my mind, is any of Giacchino's music featured on the Sky High soundtrack? confused
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Erik Woods wrote

Panthera wrote

-Erik-

I know he did the Space Mountain music for Disneyland Paris. Wikipedia says he did it for Disneyland as well, but did he?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Panthera wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Panthera wrote

-Erik-

I know he did the Space Mountain music for Disneyland Paris. Wikipedia says he did it for Disneyland as well, but did he?

Huh? He did the Paris Space Mountain ride and the LA Space Mountain ride. Original music for both!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote
    While I've got this on my mind, is any of Giacchino's music featured on the Sky High soundtrack? confused

Nothing! Hopefully some one releases this down the road because it's a damn fine superhero score! The big choral moments at the end of the score have to be heard by all!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Main Theme from Sky High is available...somehow... uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote

And how would that be? uhm wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Anthony wrote

Most likely ripped from my radio show! angry

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Perhaps it was from the same source as yours? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

biggrin And where did your radio show get it from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

From the source... Giacchino himself.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-
    shocked cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

Really? shocked Awesome! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

Yup. I've been friends with him since 2000 when he invited me to the MOH: Underground sessions.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

Yup. I've been friends with him since 2000 when he invited me to the MOH: Underground sessions.

-Erik-

holy crap dude???
    nice guy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    omaha wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

-Erik-

holy crap dude???
    nice guy?

Down to earth all around nice guy!

BTW, start HERE and scroll through the page to see the work I've done for him!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

-Erik-

Sweet; that's awesome! You have no idea how much I - and I'm sure most members of this forum - envy you. :jealous: biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    omaha wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

-Erik-

holy crap dude???
    nice guy?

Down to earth all around nice guy!

BTW, start HERE and scroll through the page to see the work I've done for him!

-Erik-

omg
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    How were you introduced to him Erik? Were you asked to film one of the gigs or did you know him some other way?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    How were you introduced to him Erik? Were you asked to film one of the gigs or did you know him some other way?

Wrote an email to Ford Thaxton asking how I could get my hands on this Medal od Honor score that was getting great reviews. Ford emailed Michael, Michael emailed me and sent the disc. I wrote back after playing the album on the show and thanked him for sending it. He was honored that I played the score on the program and said that if I wanted to I could fly to Seattle and join him at the Underground sessions. I said yes, and the rest is history.

-Erik-
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote

Nothing! Hopefully some one releases this down the road because it's a damn fine superhero score! The big choral moments at the end of the score have to be heard by all!

-Erik-

indeed, cool score
    hopefully it is released some day soon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Wrote an email to Ford Thaxton asking how I could get my hands on this Medal od Honor score that was getting great reviews. Ford emailed Michael, Michael emailed me and sent the disc. I wrote back after playing the album on the show and thanked him for sending it. He was honored that I played the score on the program and said that if I wanted to I could fly to Seattle and join him at the Underground sessions. I said yes, and the rest is history.

-Erik-

Back in the good ol' days of asking people, sending cdr's, communicating, trading, exchanging, before the era of blogs and rapidshare.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

What a great story. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

What a great story. cool

almost like a fairytale smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

I guess I'll have to try that out in the future when I want to meet someone big. wink