• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Well, James Cameron has asked him back, and that's got to count for something.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. And Gibson back on Apocalypto. Seems also that he created a new working relationship with Vadim Perelman
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Well, James Cameron has asked him back, and that's got to count for something.

His first film since Titanic. This'll have a massive publicity campaign. I am really looking forward to the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

His first film since Titanic. This'll have a massive publicity campaign. I am really looking forward to the score.

I'm not quite sure this collaboration will go on in Avatar. I'm sure Cameron will realise Horner is not the right composer for a futuristic movie (yes...Aliens, but it was more a Horror film, and more dramatically oriented)

Titanic was in 1997, and Horner was one of the most soilicited composers. Now powell, Giacchino, or even Zimmer (where in 1997 was still doing minor action films) can compose something fresher and more electronic oriented for a futuristic movie.

We will see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You don't know that Jordi, don't forget that Horner is probably one of the few remaining genuine film composers out there. I don't think that there are any gaps in his way of approaching the musical scores to movies, regardless of the type of movie / score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    You don't know that Jordi, don't forget that Horner is probably one of the few remaining genuine film composers out there. I don't think that there are any gaps in his way of approaching the musical scores to movies, regardless of the type of movie / score.

Well, my opinion about Horner as a person, and even as a composer I will keep in my chest tongue
  3. Timmer wrote

The CGI tech demo looks promising and much, much better than the crap Zemeckis has shown us with Polar Express and Beowulf.

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2008/08/a … ye-to.html
    http://technabob.com/blog/2008/08/20/im … s-my-mind/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I'm not quite sure this collaboration will go on in Avatar. I'm sure Cameron will realise Horner is not the right composer for a futuristic movie (yes...Aliens, but it was more a Horror film, and more dramatically oriented)

Titanic was in 1997, and Horner was one of the most soilicited composers. Now powell, Giacchino, or even Zimmer (where in 1997 was still doing minor action films) can compose something fresher and more electronic oriented for a futuristic movie.

We will see.

"Horner is not the right composer for a futuristic movie"

POPPYCOCK!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Horner is already working on the score so unless we have a rejection of King Kong proportions, the collaboration will continue.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Antineutrino wrote
    Timmer wrote

The CGI tech demo looks promising and much, much better than the crap Zemeckis has shown us with Polar Express and Beowulf.

Well, it's only the face that is CGI. The CGI face is on the real "Emily". While it is impressive I would like to see a full body rendering.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, my opinion about Horner as a person, and even as a composer I will keep in my chest tongue

But there ARE Horner scores you like, aren't there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Timmer wrote

Well, it's only the face that is CGI. The CGI face is on the real "Emily". While it is impressive I would like to see a full body rendering.

-Erik-

Me like cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

How can anyone tell? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only trained scientists specialized in the said field; and even that's not sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Of course. I don't thing any composer have been composed so memorable scores in so few years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Agree. But then what fuels the apparently hugely negative opinion you have on him?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Agree. But then what fuels the apparently hugely negative opinion you have on him?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote

You can listen the interview where he thinks he is a GOD an say everyone else is stupid.

But this aside....I can't like a guy who play with us reusing his material all the time. And I mean since the age of Project X. ENOUGH !!!!

When other composers are working so hard to evolope.... (yes, Zimmer too)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well that interview disturbed me too and i can see your point, i agree. But aside that, the man's music is some of the best you'll ever get in the area.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well that interview disturbed me too and i can see your point, i agree. But aside that, the man's music is some of the best you'll ever get in the area.

Agree! God knows how I'd feel about Bernard Herrmann's music if I took the man himself seriously.
  4. Vadim Perelman to Direct Poltergeist
    Source: MGM
    September 2, 2008

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM) has signed Vadim Perelman (House of Sand and Fog) to direct Poltergeist.

Cale Boyter, Executive Vice President, Production and Luke Ryan, Vice President, Production, are overseeing the project for MGM.

"We are excited to have Vadim direct 'Poltergeist,' a title which already has a built-in movie-going audience," said Boyter. "With his established track record, we look forward to having him lead the creative direction on this new character-based horror project that will utilize the original film as a jumping off point."

Currently directing and executive producing "Ice," a drama pilot for the AMC cable network, Perelman wrote and directed House of Sand and Fog starring Jennifer Connelly and Ben Kingsley, which earned 3 Oscar® nominations in 2004. Recently, Perelman directed The Life Before Her Eyes starring Uma Thurman and Evan Rachel Wood. Prior to his film and television work, Perelman established himself as one of the most sought-after directors of commercials and music videos, responsible for a number of memorable spots for multinational clients.

The original Poltergeist was released by MGM in 1982 and earned 3 Oscar® nominations. The film gained a cult following spawning two sequels Poltergeist II: The Other Side and Poltergeist III, along with a television series "Poltergeist: The Legacy," which aired for 4 seasons on the Showtime network (1996-1999). Juliet Snowden and Stiles White are writing the new Poltergeist script for the studio.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48424

Maybe a Horner Poltergeist score?
  5. Rather yes. Perelman voiced that he will always collaborate with Horner now.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. IMHO, the project sounds more like typical Beltrami, Tyler, Zimmer clone stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    I think the commas are stressing the separation enough....i'd not believe that you actually enlist Tyler and - especially Beltrami as Zimmer clones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Horner on Poltergeist? That could be... something different. It certainly should, although I can totally envision what his version of a Caron Ann Theme would sound like...
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    I think the commas are stressing the separation enough....i'd not believe that you actually enlist Tyler and - especially Beltrami as Zimmer clones.

No, I actually meant Beltrami, Tyler and Zimmer clones. Of course they aren't ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Horner on Poltergeist? That could be... something different. It certainly should, although I can totally envision what his version of a Caron Ann Theme would sound like...

This already the first mistake. If he'll score it (what I still doubt) than it will sound nothing like the Goldsmith score. Perelman doesn't like music like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, I actually meant Beltrami, Tyler and Zimmer clones. Of course they aren't ones.

That's what i thought wink Just checking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

So the film hasn´t already been shot, and you can already see how is it gonna be / how is it gonna sound? Now that´s what I call watching the future rolleyes
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. Marselus wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

So the film hasn´t already been shot, and you can already see how is it gonna be / how is it gonna sound? Now that´s what I call watching the future rolleyes

We'll speak again in 2009...