• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I must admit that I have no idea what that means.
  2. Me too, but sounds fun biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    Is there still no information about the score release of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas? Just because I don't want to visit the website of the film daily to listen to that wonderful sound clip... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited
    The rumor is that Hollywood Records will release it. But their homepage hasn't been updated for over two years and there's no way to contact them.

The movie starts in the US on November 14th. So probably we have to wait until then. For whatever reasons there obviously isn't a UK only release.
  3. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Southall wrote
    He steals from himself!

Why not if his stuff is so good?

Because it's wrong to steal, even from a thief. tongue
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008
    Anyone here, perchance, from the "James Horner Shrine" from -what- 10 years ago?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  4. From the FSM forum:

Word is that Hollywood Records is doing the score CD.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
  5. I've contacted Hollywood Records. There are no plans for a physical cd, only for a download-only release. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    I've contacted Hollywood Records. There are no plans for a physical cd, only for a download-only release. vomit

But you could win a soundtrack CD on the online games! At least that was one of the prizes.
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008 edited
    I've told that the lady from Disney too... she wanted me to send her some links to them. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I still hope there will be a CD release. I hate download-only releases!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    keky wrote
    I still hope there will be a CD release. I hate download-only releases!

Yeah! tongue
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008 edited
    There are new audio clips at the official US site: http://www.boyinthestripedpajamas.com . Every page has another piece.

Sounds very good. Someone should tell Disney that we need a cd release of this score. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008
    HeeroJF wrote
    Anyone here, perchance, from the "James Horner Shrine" from -what- 10 years ago?

It was one of the very first web sites I visited when I started surfing the web back in college. I remember reading glowing reviews of KRULL, BRAINSTORM, COCOON, THE ROCKETEER, AN AMERICAN TAIL, etc and saying to myself... I have to get these some how. Fast forward 12-13 years later and I can look to my right and see those very albums in my collection right now. Man how time flies by.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

It was one of the very first web sites I visited when I started surfing the web back in college. I remember reading glowing reviews of KRULL, BRAINSTORM, COCOON, THE ROCKETEER, AN AMERICAN TAIL, etc and saying to myself... I have to get these some how. Fast forward 12-13 years later and I can look to my right and see those very albums in my collection right now. Man how time flies by.

-Erik-

...and then it get's faster and f a s t e r dizzy spin slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Download of the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas clips (2:27): http://www.sendspace.com/file/bma362
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

-Erik-

...and then it get's faster and f a s t e r dizzy spin slant

No kidding... :zoom:

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    There are new audio clips at the official US site: http://www.boyinthestripedpajamas.com . Every page has another piece.

Sounds very good. Someone should tell Disney that we need a cd release of this score. rolleyes

Those audio-clips are beautiful. Oh, I need this on CD!!! I can't imagine that a new James Horner score will not be released on CD! So I keep hoping...
  7. Well, maybe there's still a chance that we get a CD: Basil (I think he is also registered here) spoke with the director two days ago after a screening in Zürich. He (the director) said that he thinks they are still negotiating for a "proper cd release"...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    Well, that's good news. Let's pray the negotiation will end with a CD release!
  8. I just saw The Spiderwick Chronicles, and Horner's score is absolutely riveting in this movie. It litteraly shows how much we missed this kind of musical magic in a movie, I hope he does it more
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I just saw The Spiderwick Chronicles, and Horner's score is absolutely riveting in this movie. It litteraly shows how much we missed this kind of musical magic in a movie, I hope he does it more

So true!

The Boy In Striped Pajamas score in the trailer sounds nice.
    Horner in Bobby Fisher/A Beautiful Mind mode.
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008 edited
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas available for download vomit

http://www.exlibris.ch/downloadm.aspx?s … p;t_na=dlm
    http://www.musicload.de/album/3975519_2 … /item.html

Does someone already have this?

Paying money for download releases... only in dreams of Disney executives.... rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    I'm still looking for another way to get this album, but when there is no other chance to get it, then yes, I'll download it.... I'm weak... wink
  9. I want a promo cd too! wink

There's not even a booklet on iTunes. rolleyes The most disappointing thing since I started collecting scores many years ago. vomit
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    I just had a little conversation via E-Mail with some guy from EMI Music Switzerland and he said, that he thought, that this album is still going to get a proper realise but he does not yet have any further informations...

I don't really know, what to do with this information... All in all it's definitely very strange, woth a story on it's own... in the last couple of years every Horner score (despite quality... don't bully me now. I'm a Horner fan. I almost like them all!!!) got a proper, not to say hugh over 70 minutes realise and now, after all the critics are acclaiming (as a change), that Horner did a marvelous job on this score, there should only be a digital download realise??!!!!
    That's damn strange...
  10. Yes, the whole thing is indeed very strange. The person I contacted at Hollywood Records never replied again after I told her your story with the director in Zürich.

The first reply where she told me that ther's no CD release planned came within a few minutes, then nothing.

Nowadays every crap score gets a CD release, but not this one?!?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Exactly my "Big Question Mark" here as well....
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Okay, couldn't resist... it's playing. smile Now I get banned from this board...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's being played?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.